Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
Do many people even watch her that much anymore? She kinda died off in popularity a lot last I checked.
She rise up again when she appeared as a playable character on azur lane but then dipped a little when Hololive also appeared as playable

I mostly follow Hololive, Matsuri is a trip her jailbait stream practically broke the super chat system (and increased the FBI watchlist tenfold), Pekora because she is the DSP of Hololive (she get very cocky when doing great only to get wrecked very hard), Korone because she is the retrofag approved one and she has the stamina of a boomer (Played Doom 64 for 10 hours straight without stopping) she was also the reason everyone in JP suddenly playing Blasphemous

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure, tbh. I haven't been paying attention to her numbers. I still watch her time to time, but definitely not as much as I used to.
trying to silently replace her with 2 literal copies and the chink version going all out on twitter probably didn't help. haven't really kept up either, wonder they bounced back from that or what the current state is.
however it was an interesting situation considering the more philosophical aspects - are people watching for the person behind the animation or the cute animu girl? and how much is one part of the other?

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Billfreely

Amaranth

Basic Plant
kiwifarms.net
trying to silently replace her with 2 literal copies and the chink version going all out on twitter probably didn't help. haven't really kept up either, wonder they bounced back from that or what the current state is.
however it was an interesting situation considering the more philosophical aspects - are people watching for the person behind the animation or the cute animu girl? and how much is one part of the other?
There's one who streams with both her avatar and on another channel with her real face, seems to average around the same viewers per stream, so it seems like it's mainly for the personality and the avatar is for shekel baiting

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
There's one who streams with both her avatar and on another channel with her real face, seems to average around the same viewers per stream, so it seems like it's mainly for the personality and the avatar is for shekel baiting
wait, her official original voice? shows how long I haven't followed it, back then it was just rumors. or is it one of the new ones that took over the channel when the original was mainly doing shows and music?

also made me check up how a few of the old bunch are faring these days, they finally managed to upgrade kaguya luna's equipment for more frames. and best girl yua is still trucking along, even without ever breaking the yua-line it seems. ganbatte yua!

No, I've never heard of such things. And I'm horrified.
you ain't seen nothing yet

gata

kiwifarms.net
I love looking at weeby accounts on twatter complaining about 3d thots and then retweet about 2d thots unironically.
I've tried watching some of these anime girl avatar youtubers and all their appeal is cute, comedic shenanigans and funni noises uwu. basically 2d e-girls, wow and that's better than 3dpg thots? Nothing wrong with watching them just funny to see hypocrisy about dumb e-celebs

Last edited:

REGENDarySumanai

Perpetually in thought
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I stick with Hololive exclusively and watch the following:
Korone Inugami (my favorite of the bunch)
Akai Haato
Kiryuu Coco
Tsunomaki Watame

REGENDarySumanai

Perpetually in thought
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The dragon is the weirdest of the bunch, she speak english so sometimes you dont know if you are hearing a american or a japanese, i think it was thanks to her that Indonesia got their own hololives
Akai Haato speaks English as well and even does streams exclusively in English. Korone Inugami is learning the language as well.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I love looking at weeby accounts on twatter complaining about 3d thots and then retweet about 2d thots unironically.
I've tried watching some of these anime girl avatar youtubers and all their appeal is cute, comedic shenanigans and funni noises uwu. basically 2d e-girls, wow and that's better than 3dpg thots? Nothing wrong with watching them just funny to see hypocrisy about dumb e-celebs
fwiw it's a bit more effort than simply shaking their cleavage in front of a camera leeching money from simps. and cute animu girls make everything better, so there's that as well.

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
fwiw it's a bit more effort than simply shaking their cleavage in front of a camera leeching money from simps. and cute animu girls make everything better, so there's that as well.
All the people that recommended Vtubers to me said the same also the community is not full of horny fuckers asking for feet pics, drama is almost non existent except when YouTube decide to ruin the day by being pricks like that time several of them got demonetized for no reason at all or more hilarious AI bugging so hard that flagged a Korone stream as adult content

Or weird cases like Kanata that youtube has flagged her channel as Kid content so you can't activate notifications

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bread Fetishist

gata

kiwifarms.net
I'm just amused by the people bitching about gross thots and their simps then go fangirl about virtual youtubers.
I'm not that into e-celebs putting their face or virtual face on gameplay footage/screen so I don't get the hype.(other than weebs love anime girls, which is fine, I do too)

Last edited:

Peasant

kiwifarms.net
I'm just amused by the people bitching about gross thots and their simps then go fangirl about virtual youtubers.
I'm not that into e-celebs putting their face or virtual face on gameplay footage/screen so I don't get the hype.(other than weebs love anime girls, which is fine, I do too)
The appeal behind vtubers is "haha cute anime girl doing silly things," compared to the gold digger girlfriend experience offered by e-girls to lonely simps. The anime avatar makes it clear that it's just a goofy act.

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
Hmm, oh boy, time to earn my power level rating, I did not think this thread would pop up and I damn well wasn't gonna make it, lul.

The dragon is the weirdest of the bunch, she speak english so sometimes you dont know if you are hearing a american or a japanese, i think it was thanks to her that Indonesia got their own hololives
Akai Haato speaks English as well and even does streams exclusively in English. Korone Inugami is learning the language as well.
Coco is Japanese/American, moved to Japan. She is almost Japanese, while being a gaijin praising their culture, which the Japanese love to have their ego stroked.
Haato is possibly part Western, all that's known concretely is she's Japanese and was sent to Australia to live with relatives and learn English.
Korone is your typical Westaboo that after playing Blasphemy noticed she has a huge sleeper fanbase of EOP's and was the happiest dog you will ever see. So she started learning English, she's prob the most affectionate to their English fanbase, but note that as I say that, the rest all do dearly love their foreign fans.
Most other Hololive girls are proof Japan can't even half ass teaching English let alone encourage retaining and learning it.

Oh right, the Indo part Cubanodun mentioned. TBF Nijisanji had already tested the waters in that department and found relative success, Hololive's finding even more success interestingly enough.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Akumaten

Niggernerd

Blackmetal screech in anime
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Japanese cartoon make funni noise haha

Idk I've watched both. E-thots are boring as shit, only really talk to the beta bux spenders instead of chat as a whole, the game screen is practically non-existent and they ramble on about their lives as if anyone genuinely cares.
V-tubers (at least ones I've seen) are pretty much the opposite. The screen is the size it should be, they comment on the gameplay, titties aren't the main attraction and they can sometimes say some wholesome stuff. And when they do collabs with other v-tubers its some funny shit. Like lulu and debiru

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
Korone is your typical Westaboo that after playing Blasphemy noticed she has a huge sleeper fanbase of EOP's and was the happiest dog you will ever see. So she started learning English, she's prob the most affectionate to their English fanbase, but note that as I say that, the rest all do dearly love their foreign fans.
I mean that stream was magical even the devs were watching her fighting Escribar ,btw the tweet said that she finished but she was in the second phase of Escribar she did not get the good ending because she was going blind

2020-05-16 17.40.22 twitter.com da8333283621.jpg

Reactions: LullerDerbyRollin

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
I mean that stream was magical even the devs were watching her fighting Escribar ,btw the tweet said that she finished but she was in the second phase of Escribar she did not get the good ending because she was going blind

View attachment 1299262
I'm a huge Korone fan, that stream was magical. She's endurance streaming Dragon's Lair. Come join us and suffer this shitty game.

Tags
None