Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D

REGENDarySumanai

"Good morning motherfuckers!" - Kiryuu Coco
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just arrived home because i was searching for fuel holy damn she is playing the NES version, that dog is brave for playing that
She's been streaming it for almost 11 hours as of this post. She's a goddamn trooper for doing this without losing sanity or falling asleep.

Reactions: Akumaten

REGENDarySumanai

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll be damned in the fact that she managed to beat it in 20 hours.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
She then apologized for using cheats and said that by doing so, she didn't really beat the game, and then did a 13 minute speedrun.
It you know what you are doing that is the time it takes to make a run without making any mistakes, after I finished my playthrough I checked on world of long plays and theirs was like 20 minutes, she was probably practicing that day she did not stream

REGENDarySumanai

Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It you know what you are doing that is the time it takes to make a run without making any mistakes, after I finished my playthrough I checked on world of long plays and theirs was like 20 minutes, she was probably practicing that day she did not stream
Regardless, shit like this is why she's my favorite!

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
Regardless, shit like this is why she's my favorite!
Mine too, she usually play crap i would, right now she is playing Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 2 , but she was kind enough to put the name the game has in america that is Raw Danger, time to fire up PCSX2

Billfreely

No class
kiwifarms.net
Been looking into other vtubers thanks to this thread. Kurone is definitely one of my favorites after watching her play Metal Slug.

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
Been looking into other vtubers thanks to this thread. Kurone is definitely one of my favorites after watching her play Metal Slug.
Korone is one of the best but her girlfriend partner is also good that is Okayu both play retro things and also do streams together, i think the first one i saw was those two playing Portal 2 MP and it has some very galaxy brain moments

The other one people have recommended me is Kanata and i had to admit the person behind her model know how to pull off the character she mostly play new or popular things like right now iirc is Chrono trigger (the steam version that is the android version probably could not find real hardware on time or the PSX/NDS version)

Now the rest are wanking APEX very hard

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
So to catch up and necro bump this mother fucker like a boss.

So far Nintendo came out with better rules for who can monetize their games and how, especially for YT, because it is all the common Jap would know. Ichiraka, the parent company to Nijisanji worked out a deal to allow monetization under the same rules independent YTer's have. Hololive is ran by a company called Cover, a tech upstart that's new on the scene of being a business, they're fucking dumb and did nothing, possibly assuming they're still indie enough.

Well, 5ch, the uh hmm, they're like if 4chan was entirely shades of /b/, but focused on raids and causing shit, but because they're fucking betas japs and shit instead of lulz. They have been reporting and trolling Hololive streamers about getting permissions to stream and monetize games, especially Nintendo, this is bad, a lot of the streamers grew up on Nintendo and shitty retro games, the former which are copyright cancer and the latter are sometime in copyright limbo. 5ch antis (ya go figure, that's what this is called in Japan) are currently trying to false flag as Nijisanji fans, among the people that are Nijisanji fans and also doing this. Ya, we have a false flagging copyright war with two companies caught in the crossfire, especially one company's talent.

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
So to catch up and necro bump this mother fucker like a boss.

So far Nintendo came out with better rules for who can monetize their games and how, especially for YT, because it is all the common Jap would know. Ichiraka, the parent company to Nijisanji worked out a deal to allow monetization under the same rules independent YTer's have. Hololive is ran by a company called Cover, a tech upstart that's new on the scene of being a business, they're fucking dumb and did nothing, possibly assuming they're still indie enough.

Well, 5ch, the uh hmm, they're like if 4chan was entirely shades of /b/, but focused on raids and causing shit, but because they're fucking betas japs and shit instead of lulz. They have been reporting and trolling Hololive streamers about getting permissions to stream and monetize games, especially Nintendo, this is bad, a lot of the streamers grew up on Nintendo and shitty retro games, the former which are copyright cancer and the latter are sometime in copyright limbo. 5ch antis (ya go figure, that's what this is called in Japan) are currently trying to false flag as Nijisanji fans, among the people that are Nijisanji fans and also doing this. Ya, we have a false flagging copyright war with two companies caught in the crossfire, especially one company's talent.
Weird i believed nintendo relaxed their cancerous rules about streaming their games with ones that "you have to put some effort on it" so no longer gameplay without commentary, also if you use their app in their console was also allowed, i think the problem here is that monetization and partnership is not the same thing because far is a know you need to be a partner of twitch/youtube to be allowed to stream nintendo games with impunity some Hololivers dont have the partnership feature like Kanata so they get wrecked to kingdom come

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
Weird i believed nintendo relaxed their cancerous rules about streaming their games with ones that "you have to put some effort on it" so no longer gameplay without commentary, also if you use their app in their console was also allowed, i think the problem here is that monetization and partnership is not the same thing because far is a know you need to be a partner of twitch/youtube to be allowed to stream nintendo games with impunity some Hololivers dont have the partnership feature like Kanata so they get wrecked to kingdom come
So no, Cover is a corporation, Nintendo's changed nothing for rules regarding them. The girls work for a company, they're a brand. They are not indie, which Nintendo has relaxed on. Ichiraka has worked out a deal with Nintendo to allow for them to monetize their games, much like indies would already be able to. Cover has not, the fact that Cover has not be getting permission for the games their talents play is the problem. Why does this matter? Because betas in Japan on a message board are busy copyright trolling based off this so they can: 1. cause damage, they're autistic and hateful and 2. because some people hardcore fanboy Nijisanji and Hololive has been the only successful threat to them.

No one cares, but the people who would take an axe and find a back basically, but because of number and sheer volume of noise, they can make copyright owners care and be aware of this, which means lawsuits, Japan loves those more than Americans.

• Informative
Reactions: DecimatedFerret

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Boomer Pirate
kiwifarms.net
I've only watched a small handful so takes this with a grain of salt.
Nijisanji seemed to be very strict about what could and couldn't be monetized. The nijisanji streamers that doesn't do vtuber as a full time usually have superchat disable most of the time save for some rare occasion. This is just hearsay but sasaki saku did have to retire temporarily because she loved nintendo games and couldn't make a living out of it.
On the other hand, most of the hololive girls have superchat on all the time for any and all stream. Maybe that's why Ichikara was rewarded when they struck a deal with Nintendo. Their strictness payoff while cover got throw by the wayside. But since we didn't know what's going on under the table right now it's only my speculation.

Tags
None