Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D

The One And Only SALTE

Fuck around and find out.
With indies popping up like weeds, one would reasonably assume that these people would stick to that scene. Unfortunately, my pattern recognition tells me that there will be major pressure exerted on Cover/Hololive at some point in the future, as being apolitical is a grave sin in today's word.
Cover is a Japanese entertainment company and knows that being political is a fucking deathwish. They're not gonna do it and the pressure will be from no-name armchair critics who don't understand that an entertainer's job is primarily to entertain. Granted, a lot of stand-up is political but GOOD stand-up is shit that you can laugh at even if you disagree with the personal politics of the presenter.

As such, they'll remain apolitical and the people clamoring for the holos to speak out on their personal politics can sit and spin.

Cover is a Japanese entertainment company and knows that being political is a fucking deathwish. They're not gonna do it and the pressure will be from no-name armchair critics who don't understand that an entertainer's job is primarily to entertain. Granted, a lot of stand-up is political but GOOD stand-up is shit that you can laugh at even if you disagree with the personal politics of the presenter.

As such, they'll remain apolitical and the people clamoring for the holos to speak out on their personal politics can sit and spin.
With all the political shit going on on a day by day basis, I'm glad they're keeping it that way. Tumbling down this rabbit hole was a godsent to escape that constant barrage of vitriol.

Edit: On a sidenote, AI Dungeon has been approved for streaming. Can't wait to see what crazy shit Ame will get up to.

Wingnut

WARNING: Tighten all bolts to the end

I can only hope.
The day politics infests the non-indie VTubing scene is the day I nope the fuck out of there.

Edit: Meanwhile, on Bizarro-Kiwifarms...

View attachment 1847239
(From another place I frequent for VTuber discussion)
These people are just the Westboro Baptist Church but for faggots. They go out on their (virtual) street corner with their signs and scream that you're going to Hell if you don't conform with them.

Politics has become a religion and it's the worst one since the tusken raiders starting driving trucks of peace.

(From another place I frequent for VTuber discussion)
They are correct to the extent that having one will both make that kind of undesirable cling to them, but also show a broader base how absurd that kind of community can be.
no-name armchair critics who don't understand that an entertainer's job is primarily to entertain.
This. Fuck, I got into Vtubers out of this. The fact of the matter is that there are people who will seek entertainment in entertainment, or seek some 'validation' in entertainment. You show up to the movie because you want to see what the creator made, or you show up to see if they conformed to what you wanted to see. I think human boredom will end up being the victor. Those who are trying to engage in an interactive and dynamic medium will make this medium. Those who are just trying to find a new avenue to proselytize will end up just making a hill for themselves to die on.

This is, of course, if Cover and Hololive stick out that inane onslaught from these idiots.

I think she might be making a list for a marathon.
I bet if Korone has all the time in the world, she would do endurance streams like Astel's APEX streams.

It's almost as if her manager has given up on her and just greenlight Korone's night owl streams.

Madlass wants to do another Assassin's Creed in one sitting, the "Should have been a Pirate Game" one. How long until she plans to play the original AC along with Ezio Trilogy?
she want to play until Heroes
That's nice. I have fun memories of Heroes despite playing the PS2 version and that song is still stuck in my head despite how many years since I last played it.

SONIC HE-ROES!!!! Get out of my head.

Goad her to play Shadow and Sonic '06 for the double wham. :story: But we are talking about the doggo who managed to finish Dragon's Lair NES so she has the patience to play them. Oddly enough, she has the patience for bad and hardcore retro games and yet doesn't have the guts to finish Getting Over It, let alone touching Jump King. Only Aqua and some Holostars managed to finish JK and so far only Shien played a DLC.

Onion Queen DLC when? I'm still waiting dammit. And Onionborn. Only one stream.

The uncrowned one keep getting bigger, wonder if she is going to change her schedule if she reach it this week
I don't think she's ever had a sub milestone celebration or endurance stream right? One of the few times I can find of her mentioning subs is her wanting to buy an Ikea Shark for every milestone.

Probably a bit of a stretch but Gura strikes me as someone with imposter syndrome. I know, I know, she had 1 million subs prior to Gura. But from the beginning, she's never really drawn attention to it, even before she hit 1 million. And depending on how much she looks up to the other members, like Fubuki, I can definitely see her feeling guilty of blowing all of them out of the water. Even though I'm sure Fubuki for that matter couldn't care less about comparing analytics.

With indies popping up like weeds, one would reasonably assume that these people would stick to that scene. Unfortunately, my pattern recognition tells me that there will be major pressure exerted on Cover/Hololive at some point in the future, as being apolitical is a grave sin in today's word.
I can only hope.
The day politics infests the non-indie VTubing scene is the day I nope the fuck out of there.
They are correct to the extent that having one will both make that kind of undesirable cling to them, but also show a broader base how absurd that kind of community can be.

This. Fuck, I got into Vtubers out of this. The fact of the matter is that there are people who will seek entertainment in entertainment, or seek some 'validation' in entertainment. You show up to the movie because you want to see what the creator made, or you show up to see if they conformed to what you wanted to see. I think human boredom will end up being the victor. Those who are trying to engage in an interactive and dynamic medium will make this medium. Those who are just trying to find a new avenue to proselytize will end up just making a hill for themselves to die on.

This is, of course, if Cover and Hololive stick out that inane onslaught from these idiots.
You are worried about nothing.

Allow me to repeat myself:
It is basic Japanese culture to be apolitical in public. If you want to find out what an individual thinks about controversial topics, you have to really get to know them, first. They've got a very "don't rock the boat" mentality. There are youtube channels of Japanese people being polled on the street to give their opinions about things but if you pay close attention, you'll notice how they are very careful with how they describe sensitive and controversial stances. Japanese companies don't get political publicly because that is very bad optics over there. BLM already has extremely bad optics in Japan and the Japanese have a very "our country's politics are none of your business" mindset. Even overtly political fiction tends to avoid portraying one side or the other as obviously good or evil.

So, short answer: I doubt they will ever get overtly political.
The above is from this post.

This is what kills me about Westerners--Left or Right. We are not the center of the universe. Anime and manga are not made for us, they are made for the Japanese. We just happen to like them and are a decent export market. Same goes for Hololive. If you think they won't cut us like they cut CN if we chimp out, you have another thing coming. Japan has a long history of being isolationist and even their export business models place buffers and intermediaries between them and foreign markets all the time. They have very little issue with cutting their losses and moving on when it comes to foreign markets.

Gravemind

A monument to all your sins
Also, nobody talked about the Amatsuka Uto cheap a** drama??? (Yeah I am gonna censor it cuz I wanna)
KFnominors.png

Amatsuka Uto has gone radio silent ever since the 1500yen artist chimpout. Wonder if she's taking extended break like Kusunoki Sio(aka forever) or just waiting for the chimpout antis to pipe down.

Big news I missed from Adidas Lion Network:
Never change, Moona.

Moona do love her Spongebob memes.
That scream at the end.

Also, Ollie still uses old Minecraft textures. The pre 1.14 texture. Must be using a resource pack for it.

Last edited:
Nah, this is Japan we talking about. Corporates in Japan rarely dwells in politic publicly outside of PR and lip service. People there tends to be publicly apolitical, but once they do though, they are politic as hell to the level that shamed american woketards

Gravemind

A monument to all your sins
Shadowverse is going hard on the EN girls. Ina had a sponsored stream up next. Have they all done one besides Gura now? Not sure on Keeki as I don't watch her.
Kiara has done a Shadowverse stream, yes.

I think she might be the only one who's done a stream on Princess Connect Re Dive as well, even though the entire branch is supposed to be promoting it (at least as far as I understand the deal).

This is what kills me about Westerners--Left or Right. We are not the center of the universe. Anime and manga are not made for us, they are made for the Japanese. We just happen to like them and are a decent export market.
1610660879883.png

Preach. We need less localization, more translation. Appreciate the art put out by another culture, much in the same way the rest of the world has to put up with our bullshit. Less censorship, more 'just don't play it if you don't like it".

Escapism is a useful tool, and more hobbies/past times need to see a return to it.

Even more.
Someone has already put out a version of the meme I wanted to see these videos spawn. Here's hoping we get a longer version of it soon.

Big news I missed from Adidas Lion Network:
Never change, Moona.
Obligatory:

Best part is Risu being totally nonplussed about it all. I really need to catch more of the ID girls.

It is basic Japanese culture to be apolitical in public.
Yeah Japs never protest, they don't have loud speaker vans going around in public.
Japanese companies don't get political publicly because that is very bad optics over there
Plenty of Japanese companies get political.
BLM already has extremely bad optics in Japan and the Japanese have a very "our country's politics are none of your business" mindset.
BLM has "bad optics" because they disagree with the movement/message not because of that, there's plenty of Trump supporting going on in Japan.
Even overtly political fiction tends to avoid portraying one side or the other as obviously good or evil.
There is plenty of political fiction that portrays a hero and a villain, christ the most popular Japanese movie is about the Emperor and the Russo-Japanese war and there's plenty of weebshit like GATE where Japan is clearly the good guy.
Cover went after Venti's vids that called Gura fans pedos. They're figuring out that they have to protect themselves and their talents from political activists.
Yeah that's totally protecting from political activists and not slander that insinuates the people watching her are pedos.
In Japan, the nail that sticks up gets hammered down.
Oh there it is, can't have any weeb who thinks he's a Japan connoisseur without mentioning that shitty proverb.
Besides, after the student riots of the 1960s and the Asama-Sanso Incident, the Japanese have become extremely low-key and gradualist in their pushes for reform.
There have been notable riots are the 60s and dozens of large scale protests since then, as for left wing terrorism it continued well into the 90s and even some events in the early 2000s

Lay off the anime or whatever it gives you an autistic worldview of Japs.