Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D, just don't thirstpost

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

moon delightful

kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20220514-191721.jpg
Sorry if this is already posted but I saw this in my recommendations.

Tatsunoko

kiwifarms.net
I guess that solves something I was wondering for a while. Which was do they call each other by their real name off-stream/in real life or do they use their Hololive name. If they use their real names like the video implies, I'm honestly surprised there haven't been any slip-ups outside of Gura calling Amelia Rebecca/Becca that one time. Which wasn't even really a slip-up and more of a joke.

PassiveUnaggressive

kiwifarms.net
Sorry if this is already posted but I saw this in my recommendations.
I forget sometimes sites have tracking of where traffic comes from.... Her channel is small enough that her cover likely had a significant increase in views from here.

Someone probably should tell her and her endearing levels of English what sort of place this is, gently, preferably in fluent JP so she understands. No need to scare her, but I'd hate for her to start browsing here then see something traumatizing, or have some sort of association negatively affect her or her relationship with her fans.

Burner of the East

Just your ordinary nobody in the internet.
kiwifarms.net
Not Theo has a good oshi to clip :story:

I like the back and forth going on between chat and Tenma. She really handles it well and it always gets me smiling. Also Not Theo is a good clipper as far as I've seen. Dude pumps out good stuff and is guaranteed to make you crack a smile or two. Or a good laugh even.

Yuni is Pippa without the edge and retardation.
Yuni is a more honest and more down to earth version of Pippa, which is weird, because you'd think she'd act like a complete menace without any tard wranglers.
View attachment 3279620

Talk about an odd polar personality shift between two voices per se. Damn that kinda pulled on my heartstrings.

Are you really a Yuni/Pippa fan if she doesnt hate you?
View attachment 3279798

Imagine cheating in Minecraft. Not that I'm a puritan or anything. I cheat on games that I know I can exploit to my benefit (until I get bored of being in Godmode). But Minecraft?

Tatsunoko

kiwifarms.net
I forget sometimes sites have tracking of where traffic comes from.... Her channel is small enough that her cover likely had a significant increase in views from here.

Someone probably should tell her and her endearing levels of English what sort of place this is, gently, preferably in fluent JP so she understands. No need to scare her, but I'd hate for her to start browsing here then see something traumatizing, or have some sort of association negatively affect her or her relationship with her fans.
ethan-ralph-ethan-moon.gif

Scuttle

rooby rooten
kiwifarms.net
Forgive me if my translating is shoddy. I wasn't expecting an announcement of any kind and I'm in the middle of scrambling around the house doing work.

Pekora is going on hiatus. I'm hearing for 2-4 weeks but I could be wrong on that.

Her voice is absolutely fucked, and she's been explaining that she has developed what look like vocal nodules in her throat (essentially hardening of the tissue that arises due to severe stress of the voice).

She says that this has been a recurring problem, but a few days of rest has normally been enough to fix it. She no longer feels like that is the case, as the pain has been present for a while now even though she's spoken a lot less recently.

I've had to hop off to do stuff. I'm sure someone else will provide a more thorough translation.

Irrational Exuberance

SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!
kiwifarms.net

Just tell her it's like the Shinigami realm from Death Note.

Ante Pavelic

kiwifarms.net
I unfortunately know this feeling.

Wish you the best yuni, truly, if you're reading this thread somehow, I wish you the best.
Why are people here so interested on fixing Pippa? What did she do to you that you want to take her out mafia style?

Taking out Pippa would leave us with superior Pippa aka Yuni :optimistic:

Pekora is going on hiatus. I'm hearing for 2-4 weeks but I could be wrong on that.

Her voice is absolutely fucked, and she's been explaining that she has developed what look like vocal nodules in her throat (essentially hardening of the tissue that arises due to severe stress of the voice).

Oh, crap. I think many of vtubers will need to reconsider abandoning that fucking anime girl screeching way of talking. It's unsustainable and it's not worth fucking up your voice, especially for those who take singing portion of their job seriously, like Irys and Suisei.

Scuttle

rooby rooten
kiwifarms.net
Oh, crap. I think many of vtubers will need to reconsider abandoning that fucking anime girl screeching way of talking. It's unsustainable and it's not worth fucking up your voice, especially for those who take singing portion of their job seriously, like Irys and Suisei.
I don't disagree, though vocal nodules aren't exclusively a symptom of faking pitch.

I also don't think that 2-4 weeks will be long enough to solve this issue in the long term. Vocal nodules and Polyps may need surgery to remove, and V-Tubers like the most active Holomen, who perform live, stream full-time, produce covers, and may or may not be faking their pitch, put their voice through intense stress.

2-4 weeks may soothe the pain or even completely fix her issue, but they were there in the first place because of how much she commits to the job, and eventually I think that she'll have to make a decision like Suisei did on whether she wants her voice to reach a stage of irreparability. A hiatus alone won't make the problem go away, and she seems to acknowledge as much herself.

Boopersnout

kiwifarms.net
This was posted on the subreddit in regards to Pekora
Stream translation
***Big thanks to ベルガモット and Windshipping***

4:23 [EN] Title seems to be: "Announcement. I'll take a rest (pause? vacation?)"

6:17 [EN]I talked about it yesterday but I'll say it again, my throat has become a bit weird since April

6:30 [EN]Ah, I almost forgot my poem due to this

7:26 [EN] I need effort to speak

7:51 [EN]You might know it but I've had several times my throat becoming bad after short streams in a succession, and taking some breaks it would get better

8:03 [EN]Still not to the point of getting back to normal, but it was enough, but recently...

8:14 [EN]Recently even when taking rest it didn't heal...

8:33 [EN]The damages keep accumulating and we're at this stage now

8:38 [EN] But now, my voice doesn't recover even if I take rest

8:49 [EN]I went to a different hospital, one that is famous and hard to get reservations on

9:29 [EN] I went to a new hospital and I was diagnosed vocal cord nodule

9:43 [EN]I'll explain you what I have with Paint

10:39 [EN] I haven't been speaking so much

10:48 [EN]I almost didn't speak since last time and it's still like this

11:01 [EN] I wasn't aware of the damage to my throat

11:58 [EN]Inside a throat there are these white things, they clash when you speak

12:31 [EN]This is what they look normally but...

13:04 [EN]Since I spoke too much... Here there are some stuff preventing it from closing

13:27 [EN]And since it's not closing completely there is a opening and that's the reason the voice is like that

14:25 [EN]But rest assured they told me it could be healed in a month or two if I stop and repent (TL note: change my ways)

15:29 [EN] I didn't want to make you worry about my voice

15:44 [EN]I'm sorry I said I'd do my best in May but...

15:47 [EN] I will rest until my voice fully recover

15:58 [EN]I've heard a lot of opinion from management to and your comments

17:44 [EN]I don't know how long it'll take, it might take one month or two maybe...

18:28 [EN]I'll make sure you're not feeling alone

19:36 [EN] Go to a hospital immediately if you feel you are not well

20:12 [EN] I will definitely recover before I'm back

20:51 [EN] Two weeks later, I will go to the hospital again. I'll tell you about the condition

21:23 [EN]I received her advice, she's my senpai, I'm like a newbie Marine on this matter

21:44 [EN]So she told me to rest as my first priority

21:57 [EN] My situation now is similar to the beginning of Marine's problem

22:34 [EN] Everyone, be careful

22:35 [EN]I told my senpai we could form a "throat issue sister
s" group and she laughed

Caxxx

kiwifarms.net
In IRyS' case, I think the singing portion is actually fucking up her voice and her speaking voice is just her normal one. She always talks about how her songs are hard to sing. Which makes sense because they give her these absurd Vocaloid-esque songs. The dumb English lyrics probably don't help either. Just super-awkward and crammed as tightly as possible with absolutely zero flow.

Avokado

member of the flowering plant family Lauraceae
kiwifarms.net
Forgive me if my translating is shoddy. I wasn't expecting an announcement of any kind and I'm in the middle of scrambling around the house doing work.

She says that this has been a recurring problem, but a few days of rest has normally been enough to fix it. She no longer feels like that is the case, as the pain has been present for a while now even though she's spoken a lot less recently.

I've had to hop off to do stuff. I'm sure someone else will provide a more thorough translation.

I don't disagree, though vocal nodules aren't exclusively a symptom of faking pitch.

I also don't think that 2-4 weeks will be long enough to solve this issue in the long term. Vocal nodules and Polyps may need surgery to remove, and V-Tubers like the most active Holomen, who perform live, stream full-time, produce covers, and may or may not be faking their pitch, put their voice through intense stress.

2-4 weeks may soothe the pain or even completely fix her issue, but they were there in the first place because of how much she commits to the job, and eventually I think that she'll have to make a decision like Suisei did on whether she wants her voice to reach a stage of irreparability. A hiatus alone won't make the problem go away, and she seems to acknowledge as much herself.

I wonder if she ever had this issue in her niconico days as 110. She uses that voice since forever.
Did she stream as often as her holo days?