Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D, just don't thirstpost

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

LatentNinja

Shit the fuck
kiwifarms.net
Conversation about liking Macho muscle men.
Not a single mention of Tenma Maemi. Psh.

Granted she seems pretty equal opportunity as far as fit and toned bodies go on men OR women lol. How much of it translates into real life is a guess I suppose. She's always seemed pretty open about those sorts of things so I don't think there's a lot of reason to doubt it as a preference or more. Unless I missed some info at some point, I personally assume she's at least a few years short of Hagdom if that's a "qualifier" for a mention.

Speaking of, have some cuts of her Marshmallow confession stream.

A Lurking Dumbass

kiwifarms.net
Something about insane growths like Salome's, Gura's, Kobo's, Vox's, or even Chloe's that make me sad is the fact that my other oshis don't get the attention they deserve while these guys suddenly explode. I know they deserve it, but goddamn does it make me bitter that Iofi and Zea Cornelia won't get as many eyes they do.

Someone teach me to stop numberfagging and just be happy for my waifus

Ralph Barnhardt

I tried that once...it was alright I guess.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We're getting close to the final match
1653837146417.png
EDIT:
LMAO OP already has fan art of today's show.
1653837979158.png

Last edited:

Sevatonius

kiwifarms.net
Something about insane growths like Salome's, Gura's, Kobo's, Vox's, or even Chloe's that make me sad is the fact that my other oshis don't get the attention they deserve while these guys suddenly explode. I know they deserve it, but goddamn does it make me bitter that Iofi and Zea Cornelia won't get as many eyes they do.

Why would you want your favorites to end up with obnoxious audiences like Salome, Gura, Kobo, Vox and Chloe's? Better to have success in a niche than end up attracting the bottom of the barrel.

Scuttle

rooby rooten
kiwifarms.net
Why would you want your favorites to end up with obnoxious audiences like Salome, Gura, Kobo, Vox and Chloe's? Better to have success in a niche than end up attracting the bottom of the barrel.

I'm completely out of the loop on Holo stuff but I've never really seen Chloe's fans cause any problems and Salome's seem fine too.

Gura, Kobo, and Vox's fanbases have directly attacked other fanbases which I'd characterise as obnoxious, but Chloe just has fans who have a bizarre stink fetish and Salome's fans are mostly wagies who appreciate the short streams.

Ralph Barnhardt

I tried that once...it was alright I guess.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get what you're saying but I think you're gonna have that kind of annoying autism no matter what once you hit a certain number of viewers just based on statistical probability alone.

Sevatonius

kiwifarms.net
I'm completely out of the loop on Holo stuff but I've never really seen Chloe's fans cause any problems and Salome's seem fine too.

Gura, Kobo, and Vox's fanbases have directly attacked other fanbases which I'd characterise as obnoxious, but Chloe just has fans who have a bizarre stink fetish and Salome's fans are mostly wagies who appreciate the short streams.
I don't have a problem with Chloe or Salom's audience, there's just empirical evidence that the more viral the Vtuber is, the more dregs they attract. If Chloe and Salom's audience are just a little quirky then I retract those comparisons.

Todd's Mistake

kiwifarms.net
When your favourites are smaller, you know that the rest of the audience is there because they're into the kind of entertainment she provides beyond simply being a popular meme. Less cringe from orbiters, more people that can just vibe. I really like the time I spend around some smaller indies I follow because you get to know other chatters, the streamer can read chat easier and gets to banter with viewers better. Fosters a funner experience for those involved in my opinion, when everyone knows how to behave.

lakyus

kiwifarms.net
A perfect opening for this mega dork

A song from Paradise Killer

She bust out a guitar and sung Kimi no Kioku after chat prompted her too. A little bit scuffed because she didn't practice this song (and didn't recognise some kanji) but SOUL.

Full setlist:
ami_setlist.jpeg

Dang Woodchucks!

Starlight Kid is my oshi
kiwifarms.net
I see, i started skipping half ways because it remind me of that cringe "return celebration video" she did a little before the deployment of HoloEN 1 I think it was where she just appeared and said her internet died bohoo and she was going to return only to EN to deploy and she disappeared again

So yeah even the JP bros are starting to get annoyed
So let me get this right: the Japanese are mad someone isn't dealing with grief by ignoring everything and just working like normal?

I'm glad shit like this happens to snap me back to reality and remind myself that two bombs weren't enough.
The man did a fucking left-armed Lariat, Ganso bomb and a Brainbuster. Misawa would be proud
I'm glad at least someone is cultured.
Why is nobody mentioning that Aki Rosenthal likes buff men and that she thinks that if a man is skinny, he needs to get meat on himself, as she doesn't find it healthy?
Elf Waifu calling it like it is.
Not buff, but Okayu likes her men chunky.
Chunky Kong?:oops:

Ensok

kiwifarms.net
Salome checks all of my boxes but I still don't watch her much directly because I don't speak nip and I've seen enough playthroughs of Resident Evil 7 at this point. She's really fun but I'm still just stupefied at how she's getting such huge audiences every time. It's pretty insane.

Zinnaha

kiwifarms.net
Salome's fans seem fine to me, at least on the JP end. I can't speak of Translated Clipwatchers. I do enjoy the niche livers/vtubers but yeah, end of day there's always a sect of people who infest your chubba of choice.
Salome checks all of my boxes but I still don't watch her much directly because I don't speak nip and I've seen enough playthroughs of Resident Evil 7 at this point. She's really fun but I'm still just stupefied at how she's getting such huge audiences every time. It's pretty insane.
As said earlier, she hits the spot that brought back a lot of people who got bored of the corp environment, the void left by many of the holo girls on hiatus or just being, eh and there being no new JP wave in Nijisanji in awhile so it's focus fired on one person. The people who were waiting for the "is this an off season april fools joke?" are largely gone by now and she's gaining more and more traction. So joke or not, the bubble probably won't burst for a long while.

thirteenorphans

kiwifarms.net
They just debut ridonculuous few months ago. WTF is wrong with you nijifag. I get that they're not getting salome numbers but how can you forget the VTA transfer.
Ranunculus was from academy and had been around since November so not exactly fresh faces. Salome is fresh meat no-one has seen before.

Edit: just saw you updated to mention academy.

Scuttle

rooby rooten
kiwifarms.net
The three main major talking points I've seen from the JP crowd Re: Salome are as follows:

1) Many see her as a callback to the Four Heavenly Kings era of V-Tubing. V-Tubers who only provide short content and maintain their kayfabe are an exceedingly rare breed, especially now that Kizuna AI is retired and Kaguya Luna was choked out of her activity by Sony.

2) Because of (1), Salome is an extremely accessible V-Tuber. She has a strict schedule of 11pm-12am every day, and does not stream for more than 90 minutes. Working JP fans have noted that such a schedule makes it easy for them to plan around, and doesn't ask for much of their time. She is essentially operating as a late-night TV show episode.

3) Old Nijisanji fans have commented that she is more reminiscent of the original Nijisanji members like Mito, Noraneko and Mochi than modern members. Not that I think this is a bad thing, but I can see why people feel newer members play it safer as the pressure rises to stay squeaky clean. Salome has pushed the envelope a little and got people talking again. It's not often that someone's debut goes viral because they all play to the same script.

And all these are just technical things. The fact of the matter is that she's just really entertaining to watch, and says funny shit quite effortlessly. I don't really think Nijisanji or Hololive absences etc have played much of a role in this.

The 3 points I listed are just recurring opinions I've seen on twitter from Japanese viewers, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Scuttle D. Butt.

Zinnaha

kiwifarms.net
3) Old Nijisanji fans have commented that she is more reminiscent of the original Nijisanji members like Mito, Noraneko and Mochi than modern members. Not that I think this is a bad thing, but I can see why people feel newer members play it safer as the pressure rises to stay squeaky clean. Salome has pushed the envelope a little and got people talking again. It's not often that someone's debut goes viral because they all play to the same script.

The 3 points I listed are just recurring opinions I've seen on twitter from Japanese viewers, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Scuttle D. Butt.
This is the biggest point that I see them talk about the most and why someone may say "it feels like she's "Nijisanji: The person."

BibiLivesMatter

Anime is Man's greatest sin, and I succumbed to it
kiwifarms.net