Virtual Youtubers - it's okay to be a simp for 2D

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
She still plays it better than DSP, but that's not hard.
Also the laugh is better HA↑HA↑HA↑HA↑HA

I can't believe Kaichou is fucking dead.
View attachment 1410492
In all seriousness it was a good fun stream, with some terrible singing, and I am glad she did so well.
Her debut was TT on Japan and the yakuza badge she was promoting got out of stock in mere seconds, her doing cartwheels, playing with a gun and being yeeted by the guy of Deus ex was top kek

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Does Wakame Konbu count? She's the mangaka responsible for Jahy-sama Won't Be Discouraged, Breasts Are My Favorite Things in the World!, and now also My Newly Hired Maid is Mysterious (a.k.a. My Newly Hired Maid is Suspicious).

Wakame Konbu does art livestreams while talking through her animated Youtube avatar, a teal-haired girl with a white sailor beret. ("Wakame konbu" is a type of seaweed, hence the nautical themed avatar. Obviously it's not her legal name.)

negativlad

Don't be a shit in my cut
kiwifarms.net
I've been sucked in to watching Hololive english subs over the last month after critical exposure to them on twitter. While the management wanted to recreate a real idol agency but online, they've settled for a slowly expanding roster of 18-24yo shut-ins who've created a pretty compelling, totally kayfabe yuri garden. Part of the appeal seems to be management's hands-off approach to their talent, which has enabled some great moments like:
  • Puking on stream
  • Asking viewers for (and receiving) videos of their feet and their rancid otaku hellholes
  • Ritual ass and titty fondling
  • Pretending to piss in your fans' mouths
  • Lolicons
  • Epidemic levels of daydrinking and drunk streaming
  • and Spending hundreds of dollars on gacha games so they can ogle anime girls, such as themselves
It's kind of a fascinating alternate reality compared to something like twitch, and it's been exploding in popularity lately for some reason.

There's not much in the way of tard cum from Hololive or the girls themselves, just normal idol drama; their identities are extremely guarded so when the mask slips it's a huge deal. One girl, Hitomi Chris, was fired and completely memory-holed after working just three weeks after an angry producer revealed her identity. Another, Tokoyami Towa, forgot to mute her mic when an unidentified man was speaking in the same room and she was forced to publicly apologize and faced a short streaming ban. Many of the girls have been demonetized or banned by youtube for being the nasty fuckers that they are, though these bans are usually short-lived.

This is a long-ass sperg post because I haven't been able to discuss my new fixation with anyone IRL.

Neurotic Loser

Lurker who needs to Lurk MOAR
kiwifarms.net
I've been sucked in to watching Hololive english subs over the last month after critical exposure to them on twitter. While the management wanted to recreate a real idol agency but online, they've settled for a slowly expanding roster of 18-24yo shut-ins who've created a pretty compelling, totally kayfabe yuri garden. Part of the appeal seems to be management's hands-off approach to their talent, which has enabled some great moments like:
  • Puking on stream
  • Asking viewers for (and receiving) videos of their feet and their rancid otaku hellholes
  • Ritual ass and titty fondling
  • Pretending to piss in your fans' mouths
  • Lolicons
  • Epidemic levels of daydrinking and drunk streaming
  • and Spending hundreds of dollars on gacha games so they can ogle anime girls, such as themselves
It's kind of a fascinating alternate reality compared to something like twitch, and it's been exploding in popularity lately for some reason.

There's not much in the way of tard cum from Hololive or the girls themselves, just normal idol drama; their identities are extremely guarded so when the mask slips it's a huge deal. One girl, Hitomi Chris, was fired and completely memory-holed after working just three weeks after an angry producer revealed her identity. Another, Tokoyami Towa, forgot to mute her mic when an unidentified man was speaking in the same room and she was forced to publicly apologize and faced a short streaming ban. Many of the girls have been demonetized or banned by youtube for being the nasty fuckers that they are, though these bans are usually short-lived.

This is a long-ass sperg post because I haven't been able to discuss my new fixation with anyone IRL.
Chris wasn't fired because her identity was revealed, otherwise Holos like Kiryu Coco and Inugami Korone would be fired aswell.
It was more due to the method of her actress getting into Hololive. She "apparently" either did sexual favours for her producer in order to get her equipment ready or her producer sexually harrased her, she didn't reciprocate so he doxed her and got her fired. He was fired also.

Either way it shows the ineptitude of Cover, as they are VERY inept. From my understanding Yozora Mel had to basically fight her own legal battle against another one of their producers as he was stalking her and threatening to reveal the actress's powerword. Cover only stepped in when she lawyered up. So she had to spend 2-3 months without streaming, sigificantly hurt her growth. (Which wasn't good in the first place due to ASMR being banned by youtube, poor BANpire).

negativlad

Don't be a shit in my cut
kiwifarms.net
Chris wasn't fired because her identity was revealed, otherwise Holos like Kiryu Coco and Inugami Korone would be fired aswell.
It was more due to the method of her actress getting into Hololive. She "apparently" either did sexual favours for her producer in order to get her equipment ready or her producer sexually harrased her, she didn't reciprocate so he doxed her and got her fired. He was fired also.

Either way it shows the ineptitude of Cover, as they are VERY inept. From my understanding Yozora Mel had to basically fight her own legal battle against another one of their producers as he was stalking her and threatening to reveal the actress's powerword. Cover only stepped in when she lawyered up. So she had to spend 2-3 months without streaming, sigificantly hurt her growth. (Which wasn't good in the first place due to ASMR being banned by youtube, poor BANpire).
Ah, I'd heard she'd done sexual favors to help fleece money from a "producer" but when she was able to get set up from Cover/HL or on her own, she refused to pay him back, hence the eruption of drama and Chris and her artist being let go. I didn't take all of it at face value, just the "doxed" and "fired" bits. I know that Korone's face is known and that Coco straight up still streams on an alt, and someone has archived some of Pekora's old streams where the camera cuts off right above her tits. I didn't know it was a producer that was stalking Mel to the point where she had to lawyer up. That fucking sucks. I guess Mel just recently came back too, straight into youtube cutting her stream as well?

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What do they need producers and all this backend corporate team for? Isn't the whole point of video game livestreaming that anyone can do it alone from their own home with minimal resources and still monetize and cultivate an audience?

Neurotic Loser

kiwifarms.net
What do they need producers and all this backend corporate team for? Isn't the whole point of video game livestreaming that anyone can do it alone from their own home with minimal resources and still monetize and cultivate an audience?
For normal vtubers, they can be independant just fine as they are only streaming. However, for big groups like Hololive and Nijisanji, the vtubers are expected to do more as they are "idols". They need: singing and dancing lessons; schedule management for their big concerts; someone to interact with advertisers so they could do commercials; someone to help advise them with PR and; someone to help them publish their songs. There's a lot of work behind the scenes for virtual idols and it is kinda hard to appreciate it.

• Informative
Reactions: millais

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
Does Wakame Konbu count? She's the mangaka responsible for Jahy-sama Won't Be Discouraged, Breasts Are My Favorite Things in the World!, and now also My Newly Hired Maid is Mysterious (a.k.a. My Newly Hired Maid is Suspicious).

Wakame Konbu does art livestreams while talking through her animated Youtube avatar, a teal-haired girl with a white sailor beret. ("Wakame konbu" is a type of seaweed, hence the nautical themed avatar. Obviously it's not her legal name.)

Why not? i mean i think even Akio otsuka (the voice of solid snake in jp) was in the trend years ago

For normal vtubers, they can be independant just fine as they are only streaming. However, for big groups like Hololive and Nijisanji, the vtubers are expected to do more as they are "idols". They need: singing and dancing lessons; schedule management for their big concerts; someone to interact with advertisers so they could do commercials; someone to help advise them with PR and; someone to help them publish their songs. There's a lot of work behind the scenes for virtual idols and it is kinda hard to appreciate it.
Also someone that call the youtube jp HQ when the code goes full autistic, is not the first time that some of them get demonetized for no reason at all and youtube has a policy to not reveal why

REGENDarySumanai

Poopie
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On the flip side, we get Choco and her amazing cooking!
Peko goes completely apeshit after a Japanese user said that Netherite items do not disappear in lava (which is legitimately true), so Peko threw in the Netherite sword into a lava pit to test it out. She gets it back.

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
Peko goes completely apeshit after a Japanese user said that Netherite items do not disappear in lava (which is legitimately true), so Peko threw in the Netherite sword into a lava pit to test it out. She gets it back.
Chat always love to mess with her because they want her to get overconfident and that is the first step for disaster

also after Coco got her model is now time for PPTenshi to be upgraded

Screenshot_41.png

Neurotic Loser

kiwifarms.net
si there is now a wooden youtuber? thats borderline experimental... or just mental?

REEEEEEEEEEEEE!
GET THIS NORMIE SHIT OUT OF HERE! I DON'T WANT TO BE REMINDED ABOUT WOKE SHIT WHEN I WATCH VCHUBBAS! IT'S OFF-TOPIC!
REEEEEEEEEEEE!

Seriously though why do celebrities, especially woke ones, act like everything they do is such a live-changing thing? Youtubers are a half-step above gaming as a hobby, I hate it when people act all self-congratulatory over it. Unless you are daily uploading with 100k natural subs, shut the fuck up.
RATE ME MOTI I DONT CARE! (I actually do though).

Tags
None