• No, but I think about playing them

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Yes, but I do it ironically

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
kiwifarms.net
I'm really bad at introductions, so let's just use this thread to discuss visual novels or other forms of interactive stories.
  • Stein's;Gate is now available on iOS, PS3 and Vita.
  • Zero Escape 3 has been confirmed.
  • I'm still waiting on an Android port of Banshee's Last Cry.

• Informative
Reactions: Naamaleipuri

Azazel

Top of the Game
kiwifarms.net
I have about 160 VNs saved to my computer. They're pretty fun I guess but I wish I spoke Japanese. Some of the translations are so mangled.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
I started reading Umineko yesterday. Well, technically; I'd like to buy a few at some point, but for now I make do with watching playthroughs online.

I have done Katawa Shoujo and Hatoful Boyfriend myself though.

scorptatious

Lord of the Shitters
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've only ever read one visual novel. I think you can probably guess what it is...

I definitely wouldn't mind reading others. Stein's Gate in particular looks very good.

Rin

Needlessly Bitchy Pigtails Girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Steins;gate is a boss anime. I should probably try to get my hands on the VN at some point. Is there an English patch out, or do you have to stumble through the Japanese?

John Titor

kiwifarms.net
I started reading Umineko yesterday. Well, technically; I'd like to buy a few at some point, but for now I make do with watching playthroughs online.

I have done Katawa Shoujo and Hatoful Boyfriend myself though.
I need to finish that one too. I also got to see Ryukishi at a con.

Steins;gate is a boss anime. I should probably try to get my hands on the VN at some point. Is there an English patch out, or do you have to stumble through the Japanese?
There's already official English versions out.
PC version.
The PS3 and Vita version are out right now in Europe, US version is out at the end of this month.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rin

Rin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's already official English versions out.
PC version.
The PS3 and Vita version are out right now in Europe, US version is out at the end of this month.
Ah, cool. Last time I checked it out was years ago when the anime was still pretty new, so I'm pretty late on that one. Kurisu is my other spirit beast, so it's definitely going on my wishlist.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I played 3 Sisters Story a billion years ago. It was interesting, but I saved in a spot where I was already trapped by a security guard and gave up.

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Currently reading through Fate/Stay Night, partially because I've always heard a lot about it and partially because I keep running into people that say Rin is best girl.

... She currently still is best girl from what I've seen, but that's beside the point.

(Also, I had a chance to pick up an actual PC version of Steins;Gate and I hesitated at the last second because the CD drive on my laptop was busted. I kick myself to this fucking day.)

Rin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Currently reading through Fate/Stay Night, partially because I've always heard a lot about it and partially because I keep running into people that say Rin is best girl.

... She currently still is best girl from what I've seen, but that's beside the point.
Personally, I'm of the opinion that Saber is by far the hottest of the three, but then again I chose my avatar for a reason.

Reactions: Sanae Kochiya

John Titor

kiwifarms.net

(Also, I had a chance to pick up an actual PC version of Steins;Gate and I hesitated at the last second because the CD drive on my laptop was busted. I kick myself to this fucking day.)
Damn dude, if you preordered it they gave you a digital download so you didn't have to wait. Like, ouch, man.

• Feels
Reactions: Sanae Kochiya
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino