vlog | let's talk about money, bao taste test, & haul - 9/25/2020 -

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Except for her gross deformed monstrosity of a body, Shelf Ass is weirdly prideful in a lot of ways. I can’t see her using food stamps. Or at the very least, I couldn’t see her being out with Becky when she uses them.

Non-American here. Can you use food stamps at any grocery store (inc. Wommart)? And can you use them for any kind of food?

Swipe that EBT! They're accepted everywhere, even most fast food joints. There are some exceptions... like liquor. But you can go buy steak, lobster, whatever (as long as it's food) and you're pretty much good to go.

Showing my age here, but had family back in the day before EBT cards (60's, 70's) and they would go to the Welfare center every week to get food. They had a whole pantry of tons of rice, pasta, government cheese all white labeled generic. Canned goods, etc. Basic food stuffs to feed a family.

Modern EBT killed all of that. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can swipe your EBT at Burger King or McDonald's these days.

Let's Find Out!

🗡️🗡️🗡️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Showing my age here, but had family back in the day before EBT cards (60's, 70's) and they would go to the Welfare center every week to get food. They had a whole pantry of tons of rice, pasta, government cheese all white labeled generic. Canned goods, etc. Basic food stuffs to feed a family.
You're thinking of the Commodity Supplemental Food Program, which was for pregnant women, kids up to six, and later the elderly.

Food stamps have always been for purchasing food in stores. They used to be actual booklets of stamps but in the late 90s they transitioned to Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards.

kiwifarms.net
Edit:
Where is amber getting that wasabi has a sensitive stomach? Is it cause he used to shit on the couch? She buys her cat and dog food at walmart so it cant be that great and they sell sensitive stomach wet food at pet stores. Its super annoying watching her brag about how healthy her pets are when its Becky that feeds and takes care of them.

she's showed the food she buys for Wasabi, it's some cheap cat chow sensitive. the cat probably pukes up because he needs to be brushed so coughs up hairballs with the food. he was shitting on the couch because she wasn't cleaning his box and poop was getting stuck on his hair.

Slappy McGherkin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're thinking of the Commodity Supplemental Food Program, which was for pregnant women, kids up to six, and later the elderly.

Food stamps have always been for purchasing food in stores. They used to be actual booklets of stamps but in the late 90s they transitioned to Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards.

They had a boatload of loinspawn. Like six kids. As said, everything they got was generic. White package with black label that just said "Cheese" or "Green Beans". But they had enough to feed a damned Army. Way before any stamps or EBT.

Honestly? Nobody starved. They should go back to this system because anytime I see a jogger swiping EBT at Subway or Popeyes chicken, da phuq?

Let's Find Out!

🗡️🗡️🗡️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They had a boatload of loinspawn. Like six kids. As said, everything they got was generic. White package with black label that just said "Cheese" or "Green Beans". But they had enough to feed a damned Army. Way before any stamps or EBT.

Honestly? Nobody starved. They should go back to this system because anytime I see a jogger swiping EBT at Subway or Popeyes chicken, da phuq?
Only certain people (homeless, elderly, disabled) are allowed to buy prepared hot food or food intended for immediate consumption with an EBT card and only if their state has opted in to the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP). At this time only Arizona and certain counties in California participate in the RMP, but Florida and Rhode Island are doing pilot programs with limited participating retailers. So which one of those states do you live in?

https://ask.usda.gov/s/article/Can-...on-Assistance-Program-benefits-For-SNAP-Clien

Ducky!

Don’t make me declare Jihad on you!
kiwifarms.net
M
I think its time they trade in that sedan for a van. Amber takes up like 70 percent of the front cabin. It must be so frustrating for Becky to have to drive with the passenger spilling onto her arm while shes trying to drive.

They could always toss her in the back of a UHaul a la My 600 Pound Life style on a shitty mattress

Slappy McGherkin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Only certain people (homeless, elderly, disabled) are allowed to buy prepared hot food or food intended for immediate consumption with an EBT card and only if their state has opted in to the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP). At this time only Arizona and certain counties in California participate in the RMP, but Florida and Rhode Island are doing pilot programs with limited participating retailers. So which one of those states do you live in?

https://ask.usda.gov/s/article/Can-...on-Assistance-Program-benefits-For-SNAP-Clien

Ari-fucking-zona. Happy now? But you missed the whole point of why current EBT is fucked. I'm all for basic food subsidies. We have the means, we can feed people. But, I don't consider swiping yer fucking EBT as "essential" and that's what the program has become.

When I walk into WoMart and see a fucking Subway with "EBT accepted" it grinds my fucking gears. The program is out of fucking control and needs to be brought back to "We'll give you what you need to feed your family."

Fuck, dude. I'm a fucking humanitarian. People need to eat. But they don't need carte Blanche for whatever they happen to be in the mood for.

Let's Find Out!

🗡️🗡️🗡️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ari-fucking-zona. Happy now? But you missed the whole point of why current EBT is fucked. I'm all for basic food subsidies. We have the means, we can feed people. But, I don't consider swiping yer fucking EBT as "essential" and that's what the program has become.

When I walk into WoMart and see a fucking Subway with "EBT accepted" it grinds my fucking gears. The program is out of fucking control and needs to be brought back to "We'll give you what you need to feed your family."

Fuck, dude. I'm a fucking humanitarian. People need to eat. But they don't need carte Blanche for whatever they happen to be in the mood for.
I'm actually in favor of the RMP as it is now: people who have trouble preparing meals for themselves, aka the homeless, the disabled, the elderly. But that's it. If you have a kitchen and you're able bodied? Go fucking cook.

And I agree that SNAP should be limited to nutritious foods but unfortunately with food deserts and the lack of life skills being taught in schools (do they even teach home ec anymore?) it can be really fucking difficult for people to buy and/or prepare said nutritious foods. USDA and the state agencies that administer the federal nutrition programs need to teach more (cooking, nutrition, budgeting) and allow less (WIC only allows certain items, why can't SNAP?).

Slappy McGherkin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually in favor of the RMP as it is now: people who have trouble preparing meals for themselves, aka the homeless, the disabled, the elderly. But that's it. If you have a kitchen and you're able bodied? Go fucking cook.

And I agree that SNAP should be limited to nutritious foods but unfortunately with food deserts and the lack of life skills being taught in schools (do they even teach home ec anymore?) it can be really fucking difficult for people to buy and/or prepare said nutritious foods. USDA and the state agencies that administer the federal nutrition programs need to teach more (cooking, nutrition, budgeting) and allow less (WIC only allows certain items, why can't SNAP?).

Absolutely agree. It's goverment help. It ain't supposed to be what do I want for dinner?

kiwifarms.net

interesting with Subway, I guess because the food is cold. in the 7-11 here people are able to buy pizzas and other foods "cold" but then the workers will heat it up after it's bought so it's hot. I guess it's good for homeless people but it's usually just lazy people that buy it. Not to mention the stores that will ring up food items so people can use the EBT to buy cigarettes or beer instead. Then those people are panhandling for money a week later.

Let's Find Out!

🗡️🗡️🗡️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
interesting with Subway, I guess because the food is cold. in the 7-11 here people are able to buy pizzas and other foods "cold" but then the workers will heat it up after it's bought so it's hot. I guess it's good for homeless people but it's usually just lazy people that buy it. Not to mention the stores that will ring up food items so people can use the EBT to buy cigarettes or beer instead. Then those people are panhandling for money a week later.
Only certain people (homeless, elderly, disabled) are allowed to buy prepared hot food or food intended for immediate consumption with an EBT card and only if their state has opted in to the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP). At this time only Arizona and certain counties in California participate in the RMP, but Florida and Rhode Island are doing pilot programs with limited participating retailers.

Yes there are stores that facilitate SNAP fraud, but the program as a whole does not allow this shit. If you see SNAP fraud you can report it here: https://www.usda.gov/oig/hotline

wilderbeans

Queen of Autists
kiwifarms.net
Not being able to use it for hot, ready to eat foods would probably eliminate fast food.
View attachment 1628112

These are he eligibility requirements, FYI. From KY's SNAP info page (https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dcbs/dfs/nab/Pages/snap.aspx)
View attachment 1628123
I sorta feel like that "YT income" includes what she spends on Destinecky as well as any other 'guests' she takes out to eat (tho I do wonder if imaginary friends are counted in that).

Oh but Necky isn't "on welfare" you see, she applied for just food stamps amid all the other fuckery that is enclosed in the Amberverse. So it "doesn't count", (i.e Big Al and company will never, and I cannot emphasize it enough) ever admit to using 'government funds' for literally anything in their oversize-by-choice-lives.

Not sure about ky but in Ca people who say they are homeless can use benefits for restaurant meals at the fast food places, s McDonald’s doesn’t take it though but Pizza Hut and subway do....... oops I’m late to the ebt party.

Tags
None