Vocaloid and its Community - autistic slapfights over anime musical instruments

woowie queen

it's all about ethics and lollipops.
kiwifarms.net

Salty Squid

kiwifarms.net
A chick I've been in a couple of aggie.ios with has quoted GHOST as her primary inspiration and I feel nothing but pity for her. Shitty artist and especially shitty musician, Appetite of a People-Pleaser being the only song I sort of enjoyed. I take it Creep-P isn't much better because I've listened to like two of their songs and they were both shit.
I personally found Appetite of a People-Pleaser to be one of her more obnoxious songs, it sounds pretty similar to a lot of her other stuff and the lyrics are just quite literally the same song and dance of "haha mental illness/putting up fake fronts!!! quirky!!!".
If anything I liked her very early stuff, which of course was pretty trashy too quality-wise, but at least there was some variety.

A lot of the drama I see from idol idol game fanbases is young girls pulling each other's hair over ships and event tiering so I'm not sure if it'd be the most entertaining read... BUUUT a lot of Bandori fans have moved on to Project Sekai, the VOCALOID mobage... discussion about that could probably fit in here.
That's pretty much the surface level drama, though digging deeper you can easily find some more horrifying stuff. Apparently there's a good amount of Adri-type trans girls in these fanbases. Y'know, the kind that gets scarily obsessed with at least one of the girls in the game to the point of larping her irl, creeps on minors who happen to "kin" their favorite, and is constantly posting on twitter about wanting a girlfriend.
I could see some potential here for a thread, but I also could see how that stuff could fit into other threads too, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

peepaa

get it
kiwifarms.net
I personally found Appetite of a People-Pleaser to be one of her more obnoxious songs, it sounds pretty similar to a lot of her other stuff and the lyrics are just quite literally the same song and dance of "haha mental illness/putting up fake fronts!!! quirky!!!".
If anything I liked her very early stuff, which of course was pretty trashy too quality-wise, but at least there was some variety.
Yeah it's obnoxious and cringey with its presentation, but it was a little memorable to me. I'm drawing a blank when it comes to any of her other songs... I wish she knew what the fuck "show, don't tell" and "less is more" meant because her interpretations of her true and honest mental illnesses are painfully shallow.
That's pretty much the surface level drama, though digging deeper you can easily find some more horrifying stuff. Apparently there's a good amount of Adri-type trans girls in these fanbases. Y'know, the kind that gets scarily obsessed with at least one of the girls in the game to the point of larping her irl, creeps on minors who happen to "kin" their favorite, and is constantly posting on twitter about wanting a girlfriend.
I could see some potential here for a thread, but I also could see how that stuff could fit into other threads too, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe, for once, it's a good thing I'm not balls-deep. Sort of borderlines the Tranny Sideshows and Waifuism threads

Iris Hunter

Eternal Retart
kiwifarms.net
I was deep in Vocaloid, but I wasn't that deep into It's community. It was still an annoying one.

First off, I always hated that Pocaloid talk. The fact that they have a special name for piracy is something that makes me angry to this day. I don't know if every iteration of Vocaloid deserves their price or not, but they are definitely expensive, plus not everyone lives in America and the like. And even Americans would hulahoop for their voicebanks when Vocaloid was physical only back in late 2000's. These people would use illegal versions of Photoshop and Paint Tool SAI to recolor KEI's drawing of Hatsune Miku nonstop and yet would still talk about how using Pocaloid is a satanistic ritual.

IIRC, Vocaloidotaku closed because the Admin(Azure/Azureflux) was developing two voicebanks for ALTER/EGO(Another Soundsynth, made by Plogue), NATA and VERA. Apparently Plogue takes comissions from commercial ALTER/EGO voicebanks. But It seems Azure didn't want any of that, so some shitshow regarding Azure and Plogue happened, NATA and VERA became unsupported by Plogue, thus becoming illegitimate, and you know how Vocaloid fandom HATES illegitimate things. There are some receipts here.

Eastern Voca-P's that I liked either died or grew out of it, Western Voca-P's that I liked, I grew out of them+their shit is getting too repetitive. I don't mind having shitton of compositions themed around depression but these guys are lacking in both rhythm and vocabulary these days. Every song Western Voca-P's shit out these days feel like a remaster, remake, or a remix.

verygayFrogs

kiwifarms.net
DDE44BAC-FB54-42A0-BDE9-B7A9384CCF90.png

This was posted to my dash.

salmonjerky

Pure Unadulterated Cardboard
kiwifarms.net
The only two songs I ever liked by GHOST are Two of a kind and In Iolite, but the rest of her stuff is trash.
GHOST's music that were based on games kinda interested me for awhile, then she just kinda deleted them
like that .flow based song still was pretty neat to me.

Other than that I really never liked how she made the vocaloids she used in her music sing in english.
It just sounds awkward.

Dammit Jim

I'm way behind on my beating quota
kiwifarms.net
Initially she justified creating this song by saying it was meant to spread awareness of her situation and show the horrors of her illness. She also claimed to receive the approval of the parents in response to her song. More recently she has apologized for creating the song and deleted it off her channel. Of course, the internet never forgets or forgives, so many people still hold it against her.
Cien (Crusher) had received approval from the Schofields, yes. They even sold shirts with the Calalini character on it. As many kiwis know, the Schofields had actually lied about their daughter's condition (or more appropriately lack thereof) by feeding her healthy mind antipsychotics. January, the girl, is mentally damaged beyond repair now.

Cien did remove the video, but she sold a remastered version of the song in a later album. Yes, it is still available for purchase. She has never made any sort of statement about the situation.

Edit: Information on VO
IIRC, Vocaloidotaku closed because the Admin(Azure/Azureflux) was developing two voicebanks for ALTER/EGO(Another Soundsynth, made by Plogue), NATA and VERA. Apparently Plogue takes comissions from commercial ALTER/EGO voicebanks. But It seems Azure didn't want any of that, so some shitshow regarding Azure and Plogue happened, NATA and VERA became unsupported by Plogue, thus becoming illegitimate, and you know how Vocaloid fandom HATES illegitimate things. There are some receipts here.
Ah, VocaloidOtaku. A wonderful cesspit. Another issue that VO had was that there was a user on there actively grooming minors. The admin knew about this for a very long time and allowed it to continue for months if not years. As far as I know, it was the largest reason VO was shut down.

Salty Squid

kiwifarms.net
Good fuckin luck with this. SeeU wasn't bad but she was not well liked. The company making her already killed her off, I don't think they want to try again, at least not with SeeU as the image character.
Even if she was popular enough to technically deserve a new update, didn't her voice provider go to jail or something? I can imagine it would cause a bit of a controversy to update her then, plus it'd be hard to get new voice samples if needed.

A-Einstein

kiwifarms.net
Even if she was popular enough to technically deserve a new update, didn't her voice provider go to jail or something? I can imagine it would cause a bit of a controversy to update her then, plus it'd be hard to get new voice samples if needed.
Actually she didn't go to jail, she was suspended for blackmailing an actor. Because of her scandal, it is unlikely that SeeU would ever get an update.

ladytron

kiwifarms.net
I've never listened to a western vocaloid song that wasn't mediocre at best.
I think KIRA has put out some well-produced tracks and is probably the most promising musician the western Vocaloid community has to offer, especially after his collaboration with Giga. But yeah I agree, in general the quality of western songs is very lacklustre.