Vocaloid and its Community - autistic slapfights over anime musical instruments

Appletun

Put me into blender, make apple pie milkshake
kiwifarms.net
reading this thread because i get mass amounts of tranny miku on my feed, but holy shit i didnt expect this shit to be as deep as it is.

one question though: how the fuck do you pirate an unreleased vocaloid??? are they hacking the companies or some shit?

Appletun

kiwifarms.net
You just find out the file names and you are able to get them. It isn't that hard.
get them from *what*, is what im wondering, like how does unreleased shit get out there? is there people constantly leaking shit? i dont know how vocaloid software works, so im assuming you need all the files and then to load them into the editor, right?

(edit: this isnt me asking how to do it so i can go pirate, im legit confused about how these people are getting unreleased programs)

Last edited:

creamy cookies

mogu mogu
kiwifarms.net
get them from *what*, is what im wondering, like how does unreleased shit get out there? is there people constantly leaking shit? i dont know how vocaloid software works, so im assuming you need all the files and then to load them into the editor, right?

(edit: this isnt me asking how to do it so i can go pirate, im legit confused about how these people are getting unreleased programs)
in the case of what tora stole, it was literally just guessing the file name

cevio has a really, really retarded way of saving files on their server, it's literally something like cdn.cevio.com/KAFU.zip or whatever, tora explained it somewhere on his community posts

somehow they've always been doing it like that, but no one got away with it until tora did, and i believe they've changed their methods of storing shit now. which was his mistake, who the fuck brags about getting a product before release

there's also this one website i use (because vocaloid is so fuckin pricey it's no wonder people pirate it, the only one i legitimately own is v4flower) that directly links to the cevio/yamaha vocaloid/synthv servers, so it's a really dumb part on them because of how easy it is if you just know the link and the file name

creamy cookies

mogu mogu
kiwifarms.net
apologies for double post but i just found this out and it warrants a new one

Crusher-P, the one that made the song for Jani Schofield, had just faced an attempt at being "cancelled" for said song, calalini, by a 16yo

the original poster's tweet is deleted and their account locked, but here's an apology from Cien that boils down to "i was young and naive"

1615820581692.png1615820605511.png
archive
1615820818740.png1615820934990.png
archive 1 archive 2

1615821721578.png
1615821780512.png
1615821814730.png
1615822616365.png
1615822654670.png

honorable kiwifarms mention, thanks op

1615821478427.png
1615821527520.png
1615821548529.png
1615821585475.png
1615821610562.png
1615821974962.png
1615821998919.png

Appletun

kiwifarms.net
in the case of what tora stole, it was literally just guessing the file name

cevio has a really, really retarded way of saving files on their server, it's literally something like cdn.cevio.com/KAFU.zip or whatever, tora explained it somewhere on his community posts

somehow they've always been doing it like that, but no one got away with it until tora did, and i believe they've changed their methods of storing shit now. which was his mistake, who the fuck brags about getting a product before release

there's also this one website i use (because vocaloid is so fuckin pricey it's no wonder people pirate it, the only one i legitimately own is v4flower) that directly links to the cevio/yamaha vocaloid/synthv servers, so it's a really dumb part on them because of how easy it is if you just know the link and the file name
Ah, i see now, thank you. i was reading a massive chunk of this thread confused as shit on how they managed to get these files

Weed Eater

Why yes I DO smoke marijuana; it's goooood stuff!
kiwifarms.net
apologies for double post but i just found this out and it warrants a new one

Crusher-P, the one that made the song for Jani Schofield, had just faced an attempt at being "cancelled" for said song, calalini, by a 16yo

the original poster's tweet is deleted and their account locked, but here's an apology from Cien that boils down to "i was young and naive"

View attachment 1999009View attachment 1999010
archive
View attachment 1999013View attachment 1999014
archive 1 archive 2

I find the blacklash towards "Calalini" extremely ironic, considering that this song, and it's MV have been heavily praised despite it being about an old suicide case around the same time "Calalini" was put out. Crusher-P didn't even mean for their song to be taken in a negative light.

creamy cookies

mogu mogu
kiwifarms.net
I find the blacklash towards "Calalini" extremely ironic, considering that this song, and it's MV have been heavily praised despite it being about an old suicide case around the same time "Calalini" was put out. Crusher-P didn't even mean for their song to be taken in a negative light.
something something japanese producers are untouchable, and something something "it's just spreading awareness!!!"

except when they CAN touch them, and spoiler alert they still can't because no one pays attention to twitter mobs, it's over dumb bullshit like shotacon or lolicon, instead of their very own western fandom rife with actual pedophiles.

speaking of which, there has been some shit stirring around about Creep-P being a pedo too, but literally no one is talking about it with evidence so take it with a grain of salt. ngl i had that feeling from my short time in his server, and considering one of his own mods was also an alleged pedophile whose existence was completely erased from there, i wouldn't be surprised if that was actually the case.

Bad Egg

Bad with words
kiwifarms.net
I searched for his name but I don't think anyone has mentioned him. I've been listening to vocaloid for 10+ years, and I'm still very fond of it. My favourite vocaloid producer is named Koronba, although, according to him people shouldn't even be saying his name.

He's well known for a couple songs, mainly the 'main 4' he was okay with being posted online. There are other 'forbidden' uploads of his songs floating around.
He's also a bit lesser known for being the creator of the Yumi Nikki fangame LCDDEM, famously deleting it and wanting everyone to forget it's existence. This behavior might make more sense later.

Excuse me if I forget some key points/misremember something. I'll try to explain what went down.
Koronba was a vocaloid producer with a small, niche following on nico nico. He gained some die hard fans, and as fans do, they started sharing him around. He began gaining traction and being known. He hated that. He started freaking out about it on twitter I think? (I don't know of any archives). He for sure though, began posting about his mental health issues and how much worse it was getting over twitter, basically having a suicidal breakdown. He said by his fans worrying about him and trying to talk to him, that they were 'slowly killing him'. He eventually broke down on twitter and ended up deleting everything he'd made and tried to wipe his presence from the internet, asking people to only repost the 4 mentioned songs and to not credit him.
Eventually, his cult following started making their own songs in his style. Koronba-likes are a bit of their own genre now, its interesting to see. Early on though, a couple of producers imitating his style made him pissed off apparently because people were mistaking them for him, so now, in the description of koronba-likes you'll find them saying "Respect".
He came back under another name to help out with yumi2kki, but I think that eventually fell through.

He has one video he has kept on youtube, usually called 45.

He also has his own UTAU called 4-gou. People in the UTAU community will get their hands on it and go "Yeah, I have it but im not giving it to anyone because i want to respect his wishes" but then go against his wishes by using it.

The whole story involving him is not entirely known due to it not being well documented and bits of the story being scattered across different recountings of the events and lost online conversations. It's a bit of a he-said, she-said situation right now due to the lack of info. But it was def a unique situation.

On a lighter note his music is very popular in the YTPMV/MAD community.
Tried to grab a few interesting ones. There are a fuck ton, so go out and find your favorite!

Pure autistic love of his creations is keeping the man who wants death alive.

Iris Hunter

Eternal Retart
kiwifarms.net
I searched for his name but I don't think anyone has mentioned him. I've been listening to vocaloid for 10+ years, and I'm still very fond of it. My favourite vocaloid producer is named Koronba, although, according to him people shouldn't even be saying his name.

He's well known for a couple songs, mainly the 'main 4' he was okay with being posted online. There are other 'forbidden' uploads of his songs floating around.
He's also a bit lesser known for being the creator of the Yumi Nikki fangame LCDDEM, famously deleting it and wanting everyone to forget it's existence. This behavior might make more sense later.

Excuse me if I forget some key points/misremember something. I'll try to explain what went down.
Koronba was a vocaloid producer with a small, niche following on nico nico. He gained some die hard fans, and as fans do, they started sharing him around. He began gaining traction and being known. He hated that. He started freaking out about it on twitter I think? (I don't know of any archives). He for sure though, began posting about his mental health issues and how much worse it was getting over twitter, basically having a suicidal breakdown. He said by his fans worrying about him and trying to talk to him, that they were 'slowly killing him'. He eventually broke down on twitter and ended up deleting everything he'd made and tried to wipe his presence from the internet, asking people to only repost the 4 mentioned songs and to not credit him.
Eventually, his cult following started making their own songs in his style. Koronba-likes are a bit of their own genre now, its interesting to see. Early on though, a couple of producers imitating his style made him pissed off apparently because people were mistaking them for him, so now, in the description of koronba-likes you'll find them saying "Respect".
He came back under another name to help out with yumi2kki, but I think that eventually fell through.

He has one video he has kept on youtube, usually called 45.

He also has his own UTAU called 4-gou. People in the UTAU community will get their hands on it and go "Yeah, I have it but im not giving it to anyone because i want to respect his wishes" but then go against his wishes by using it.

The whole story involving him is not entirely known due to it not being well documented and bits of the story being scattered across different recountings of the events and lost online conversations. It's a bit of a he-said, she-said situation right now due to the lack of info. But it was def a unique situation.

On a lighter note his music is very popular in the YTPMV/MAD community.
Tried to grab a few interesting ones. There are a fuck ton, so go out and find your favorite!

Pure autistic love of his creations is keeping the man who wants death alive.
Ah, I know this guy. I thought he was solely known for LCDDEM though. After he asked for LCDDEM to be deleted off the internet, people in Yume Nikki fandom tried to track him down, mainly on Uboachan, a Yume Nikki imageboard. People were theorizing why he did this, and if LCDDEM was an allegory of Koronba himself (Mostly based on LCDDEM's ending). I personally think he's not proud of his work 100% (LCDDEM has 2 seperate OST's, Koronba completely scratched the first OST and made a second OST from scratch) and has an asocial/antisocial thing going on and doesn't handle being well known very well (Koronba has a rather remarkable amount of alters/socks). Though, since Yume Nikki and It's fangames are known for It's openness for psychologic interpretations, LCDDEM being too close to home isn't a stretch either.

SlavicCyanide

There is no need to be triggered
kiwifarms.net
Some people actually have criticized that song, though, saying it was disrespecting the girl's death. It's not a majority, but people have said it.

It's not a Vocaloid song, so we're not dealing with the same community.
And it seems that the Ruru song is more popular than Calalini, so even if any of the Vocaloid community has been screaming about it (and I'm sure some of them have), then it'd be drowned out by everyone else praising it anyways.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
He's also a bit lesser known for being the creator of the Yumi Nikki fangame LCDDEM
They're the same person? I'm subscribed to a channel that posted very koronba-like songs about a year ago, they basically look like Lamprey Hole but with Defoko, I guess that's also him. Found it randomly on the side because they had no titles (how is that possible?), funnily enough that video has 1M views.
He must hate himself a lot to keep unperson-ing himself despite the quality and popularity of it. Bizarre.

Bad Egg

Bad with words
kiwifarms.net
They're the same person? I'm subscribed to a channel that posted very koronba-like songs about a year ago, they basically look like Lamprey Hole but with Defoko, I guess that's also him. Found it randomly on the side because they had no titles (how is that possible?), funnily enough that video has 1M views.
He must hate himself a lot to keep unperson-ing himself despite the quality and popularity of it. Bizarre.
That's most likely one of his fans. There are tons of people who imitate his style, as I mentioned.