Voice Actors

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Alice - ScarletBlood

Hiatus
kiwifarms.net
MOD NOTE: This thread originally started as a potential lolcow community thread, but it doesn't have to be that way. You can talk about voice actors you like and voice actors you dislike here.

Not too long ago; someone posted a Vic Mignogna thread in /snow/ on lolcow and most recently, an Eric Stuart thread popped up on the same board. They both have some questionable antics and shady remarks and was wondering; are they along with other VAs... Do we need to keep a watch on them as well or just let them do their own thing?

https://lolcow.farm/snow/res/103780.html

https://lolcow.farm/snow/res/171600.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Alice - ScarletBlood

Hiatus
kiwifarms.net
A-log is an amateur voice actor and he stinks. I really want to know however is the funny potential in this. Are there other examples you can find of some cringy people in this field, like on YouTube or something?
I'm sorry but who's a-log?

Well there is this cringy video where he's telling his fans they should be thankful for the now defunct 4jews for bringing their "precious animu" as well as making xenophobic remarks on foreign animation.

Here's Vic's ED PAGE:
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Vic_Mignogna

Oh and apparently Greg Ayres is a homo. It was talked on an exposé tumblr page(wish I could find it).

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm sorry but who's a-log?

Well there is this cringy video where he's telling his fans they should be thankful for the now defunct 4jews for bringing their "precious animu" as well as making xenophobic remarks on foreign animation.

Here's Vic's ED PAGE:
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Vic_Mignogna

Oh and apparently Greg Ayres is a homo. It was talked on an exposé tumblr page(wish I could find it).
http://sonichu.com/cwcki/A-Logging
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Anthony_'A-Log'_LoGatto

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Assuming what people are saying about Vic is true, then that's a shame.

For me, Vic Mignogna was Edward Elric. I can't imagine anybody else's voice coming out of him.

Still though, it's kinda funny how Vic is apparently very religious considering the above mentioned character was a bit of an atheist edgelord. And at some points even rubs it into people's faces.

Alice - ScarletBlood

Hiatus
kiwifarms.net
I knew Vic Mignogna was a shithead but damn, I never knew Eric Stuart was too. Ofc the guy that voices Kaiba is an asshole, it just had to be that way.
The funny thing is: Eric *did* say he was "destined" to play Kaiba (can't really imagine anyone else voicing him tbh) and brought out "the best in him". Which strangely, Chris Sabat said the same time about voicing Vegeta.

Most VAs are nice, down to earth people (source: I know people who work with guests at cons). Then there's Vic. Dear God are there enough stories about Vic to fill a library.
Deets pls! :biggrin: I had a feeling there was more then on the surface.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Having actually been to cons myself, I can confirm that every voice actor I've met (and I've met quite a few) were actually decent, nice people. (This doesn't mean they all are, and admittedly they were all legitimate, non-dub guys...)

I think you could do a lolcow thread on amateur voice actors, though. Surely there's some real freaks out there.

LongtimeLurker

kiwifarms.net
Back in the day when the first FMA came out, my little sister was a huge fan. So much so that my mother for some unknown reason got it in her head to email Vic Mignogna and ask him to call her on her birthday. He complied, and said stuff about how he loved having her as his fan and how "Ed loves (sister)". At the time I thought it was pretty cool of him to take time out of his day to do that.

Now though, with all this shadiness out, I'm pretty skeeved. My sister was ten. (:_(

Somewhat related, his email handle at the time was "Vic the Wop" so take of that what you will.

Had a friend who worked as con staff one year and ended up being this guy's assistant. Apparently he drinks vodka out of water bottles the entire time and hooks up with young weeb dudes by playing up the "I'm in animus" angle. Friend said the guy was pretty chill and down to earth though, those things notwithstanding.

DirkBloodStormKing

Actual Lesbian Female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, Vic Mignona can't act for shit and the only reason he keeps getting roles is because weeaboos liked his role as Edward Elric. He's fucking lazy with his attempts at "acting" and it obviously shows. Vic could learn a few things from voice actors with actual talent like Gary Schwartz, Robin Atkins Downe, or even Nolan North to be honest.

Yaks

Everybody way oh!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always wonder what happens to bad voice actors.

Or basically the entire game tbh

Did they get jobs after this?

Alice - ScarletBlood

Hiatus
kiwifarms.net
If what they say is true then I find it odd that Eric hates YGO Abridged and won't say any lines from it at cons, yet he agreed to voice Brock in this Pokemon Parody
He hates YGO Abridged because LittleKuriboh "ruined and shat on" the English dub (it should be noted he was also the director for the first couple of seasons) when in reality it was just a fan parody that brought back the popularity the show once had before 2004.

Back in the day when the first FMA came out, my little sister was a huge fan. So much so that my mother for some unknown reason got it in her head to email Vic Mignogna and ask him to call her on her birthday. He complied, and said stuff about how he loved having her as his fan and how "Ed loves (sister)". At the time I thought it was pretty cool of him to take time out of his day to do that.

Now though, with all this shadiness out, I'm pretty skeeved. My sister was ten. (:_(

Somewhat related, his email handle at the time was "Vic the Wop" so take of that what you will.

Had a friend who worked as con staff one year and ended up being this guy's assistant. Apparently he drinks vodka out of water bottles the entire time and hooks up with young weeb dudes by playing up the "I'm in animus" angle. Friend said the guy was pretty chill and down to earth though, those things notwithstanding.
That's pretty creepy on both stories. Though I never knew that Greg would come off as a pedo/enphebophile, interesting.

Clown Doll

His own Free Bitch
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Moved to Multimedia for the following reasons :
1. Vic Micnogna is a celebrity. Same goes for Eric Stuart.
2. The thread subject is broad,vague, not even clearly aimed at lolcow-y Voice actors
3. The content in the thread is severely lacking. If you want to make a Lolcow thread on Vic Mignogna, please construct a better op and make a Talk to Staff thread (or pm an admin) with the op updated with actual content since he's covered by the celebrity rule.

Last edited:

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Another big issue with these amateur voice actors is they don't have the slightest clue what makes good equipment. You go up to these people and they're dumbfounded on brands like Shure, Neumann, Rode, Peavey. Yet they stick with their shitty Blue Yeti -- which is basically the "microphone" you would find at the clearance section of Staples.

Until people start realizing voice acting is not character voice impressions (but off-screen screen acting) and good equipment is important, online voice acting is a joke.

I think the big problem with them is that they don't have the money to shill out for acting lessons or good equipment. And most of these people come off as guys who have no jobs and/or live in their parents basements on :tugboat: (assuming they simply don't just mooch off of mommy and daddy). Now I personally own a Yeti, mostly so I could have Skype calls. And it does the job on that front, at least. I'd probably never use it for any professional gig though. Though they tend to be better than most crappy computer mics, so they have that going for them, at least.

As for professionals, I personally never met a lolcow VA. But I did come across this interview Vic did with ANN.

LongtimeLurker

kiwifarms.net
That's pretty creepy on both stories. Though I never knew that Greg would come off as a pedo/enphebophile, interesting.
Nah, not underage-young. Just young. The 19-21 crowd. Had my friend been witness to that sort of shit I doubt he would've just saved it around as a funny story to tell without alerting the authorities.

Vic though, if it had been any other actor I'd be touting a story like that as an example of how cool VAs can be with their fans. But Vic is Vic. It's been a good ten years but I hope my sister never finds out about these skeevy stories coming from the guy, it made her day back then :(

//edit and if we're talking amateurs, nothing can top the Voice Acting Alliance. A handful of members have gotten pro work (Cristina Vee comes to mind) but the vast majority of the member base are kiddies doing fandubs of the same animes over and over again so they can pretend that they "are" their favourite characters. Also GrantM got his start there, so there's that.

Last edited: