Voice Actors

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Trombonista

please share so we can Barry her
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today is the birthday of my favorite voice actor, Hiroshi Kamiya!

Joker Baby

-. .. --. --. . .-.
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this is the best thread to bring this up in, but does anyone else think voice acting is about to get A LOT worse? All the old classics are getting old and so either cannot do that much like when they were young or may even retire soon. All the new voice actors I hear suck ass or are shitty people that came from youtube or some other shitty attention seeking place. Yongyea comes to mind. While we got good to great dubs like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Fullmetal back in the day, I have not heard one good dub in the last 10 years outside of a few actors for JoJo, and they are all older voice actors. Even in western cartoons and stuff the voice acting has gotten worse. And then there is the state of video game voice actors....

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this is the best thread to bring this up in, but does anyone else think voice acting is about to get A LOT worse?
All the new voice actors I hear suck ass or are shitty people that came from youtube or some other shitty attention seeking place.
Many newer voice-actors all sound the same, and I don't know if that's because they all come from the same areas that have become homogamous (VAs back then came from all over the place), or if it's because they're not being trained in theater. Maybe both.

Jonah Scott is like the only new voice-actor who actually sounds like he gives a damn while also having a distinct voice that makes him stand out. I don't know if he's from theater, but I feel like he is. (And he's cute, too, just have to say.)

Trombonista

Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New CV部 video featuring Takuya Eguchi and Toshiki Masuda:

Frank D'arbo

LET'S HAVE A TOAST TO THE GIRL IN AISLE 10!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
tbh we should have a seperate thread for seyuus and just western voiceactors

that way i'll sperg about Aoi Yūki over there

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Trombonista

Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There isn't enough content in this thread alone to justify a split. Also since @Trombonista didn't cover it:

Toshiya Ueda is dead
Crap, that means two of Cobra's voice actors are dead. That being said, this guy only voiced him for one episode; Iruma-kun's narrator voiced him for the Reverie.

Trombonista

Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today is Yuichi Nakamura's birthday!

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Horrible news regarding Johnny Yong Bosch’s family.
AFA04934-DBEE-4EF4-B05C-24961D7F422A.png

Here’s the article from Top Info Guide. Cannot archive the Tweet and article due to being on the phone. I can’t imagine what it’s like losing a younger sibling. My condolences go to Johnny and his family.

DumDum Did Nothing Wrong

kiwifarms.net
Is it okay to post non anime VAs here?

If so Joeseph Gatt known for playing Thenn in Game of Thrones, the Albino in Banshee, and voicing Lord Scourge in Bioware's Star Wars mmorpg was arrested on April 6th for being a creep towards a minor online. He's out on a 5k bond. Enjoyed his character in SWTOR but if allegations are true then on the wall he goes.

Time to nuke Hollyweird.