Voltron Fandom - Bury your gays!

Akumaten

kiwifarms.net
I am just glad the fans don't seem to care about Pidge.

Really sad characters became rather static in the later series.
They were annoyed that Pidge wasn't trans and was a normal tomboy girl who wanted to save her family.
I was more annoyed with the show with the mother grounding Pidge for, I don't know, saving her mother's husband and only son.

Ceiling Kitten

Yep, Kitty IS watching you!
kiwifarms.net
They were annoyed that Pidge wasn't trans and was a normal tomboy girl who wanted to save her family.
I was more annoyed with the show with the mother grounding Pidge for, I don't know, saving her mother's husband and only son.

Colleen Holt was all alone at Earth for like, three years? Thinking her husband and son had been killed, and likely blaming herself for her daughter running away to find out the truth and, in her POV, maybe getting herself killed too?
I'm surprised she didn't ground Pidge MORE, many parents would.

OTOH, I've seen some people who love using Pidge as their self-insert for all their issues with eduction, non-family authority figures, developmental troubles, etc. So even when they couldn't make her trans, they still make her a shell of the chara she is.

(Though Keith still gets it far worse. If I see Sheith fan inbeciles make him trans and/or the gay version of a Nice Guy (tm) one. more. time.....)

Last edited:

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
I am just glad the fans don't seem to care about Pidge.

Really sad characters became rather static in the later series.
Like Ceiling Kitten said, there are fans who use Pidge as their self-insert Sue to project onto. There's a circle who also think her ending was so unfeminist because she got to work with her family and that having her drop out of school, get pregnant, and marry Shiro while acting like a whiny soap opera stereotype the whole time was obviously way better and happier for her.

As for Colleen, she probably grounded Matt and Sam offscreen too. We just didn't see their POV because well, Pidge is a main.

Kinnie

kiwifarms.net

She could have been an MTF tranny. Would explain the flat chest, androgynous voice, and the "coming out" scene where she reveals that she's not a he, but a she. Then again, she wouldn't have been as relatable to the FTM fujoshi crowd that VLD attracted.

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
Colleen Holt was all alone at Earth for like, three years? Thinking her husband and son had been killed, and likely blaming herself for her daughter running away to find out the truth and, in her POV, maybe getting herself killed too?
I'm surprised she didn't ground Pidge MORE, many parents would.

OTOH, I've seen some people who love using Pidge as their self-insert for all their issues with eduction, non-family authority figures, developmental troubles, etc. So even when they couldn't make her trans, they still make her a shell of the chara she is.

(Though Keith still gets it far worse. If I see Sheith fan inbeciles make him trans and/or the gay version of a Nice Guy (tm) one. more. time.....)

You were saying?

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, they REALLY like to twisy Keith into this a whiny and pathetic... thing who cannot live without Shiro's dick up his ass or in his mouth. :story:
Even if he was drunk off his ass and full of mind-altering drugs Keith wouldn't act this way.

(Also, it seems the poster locked their account. I wonder if someone else called them out on how OOC Keith is.)

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
TIL
2020-08-11 21.43.06 twitter.com 9580397cda97.png

EfGfW5bUEAEpdqt.jpg
EfGfW5cUcAA8M5O.jpg

god for her

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The cherry on top is that the girl made the anon's comment needing some guidance all about herself. Never said she'll pray for them or quoted relevant scripture, nope. It was "God put ME to the test" not "God is testing YOU to come to Him in this time of need". :story:

Also hilarious of her to admit she practically worshiped the ground this one character walked (or not) on. It'd be more hilarious if she was trying to imitate his mannerisms in real life.

Ceiling Kitten

kiwifarms.net
Nah, the cherry on top is that a Shidge shipper showed up in the comments. . . and they started harassing her and calling her "homophobe" and "pedophile" for her ship.

1597240211922.png

1597240260838.png

1597240282201.png

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
Nah, the cherry on top is that a Shidge shipper showed up in the comments. . . and they started harassing her and calling her "homophobe" and "pedophile" for her ship.

View attachment 1514553
View attachment 1514556
View attachment 1514558
Pais, who harasses d0gbless for her fictional shipping prefs: "You need help for your problematic behavior, you are an actual pedo and homophobe in real life."

The only one who needs help here aint the lady shipping two fictional characters together, one of whom wasn't even confirmed as gay for several seasons and could still be bisexual.

FluffyTehFennekin

Good girl, M. a. a. D. Fennec
kiwifarms.net
While on the topic of Pidge, am I the only one who thinks her design looks oddly familiar?
845A9692-BF73-4455-B090-F43D95EC8345.png

Both are smart
Both wear green
Both are crossdressers of some kind
Both have similar hairstyles
Did they just rip-off Danganronpa?
Just a thought though. Probably just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Ceiling Kitten

kiwifarms.net
1599838057860.png

https://archive.md/uVuqO

The titbabes still cannot get over not getting their ships and now they want to start their own "s8 re-do" to fix how the meanie-weanie staff didn't lick their asscracks.

1599838146439.png

https://archive.md/jTqba

To no one shock, they're butthurt Sheith fangirls. The same fans who laughed and pointed fingers at dumb Klancers for trying to rewrite the series to their liking, now they're doing exactly the same and expect to be loved for it.

I hope they get hit by either a C&D from Dreamworks or slapped by reality (because money and time don't grow on trees!) andend up seeing how fucking ridiculous and pathetic they look.

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1588111

The titbabes still cannot get over not getting their ships and now they want to start their own "s8 re-do" to fix how the meanie-weanie staff didn't lick their asscracks.

View attachment 1588113

To no one shock, they're butthurt Sheith fangirls. The same fans who laughed and pointed fingers at dumb Klancers for trying to rewrite the series to their liking, now they're doing exactly the same and expect to be loved for it.

I hope they get hit by either a C&D from Dreamworks or slapped by reality (because money and time don't grow on trees!) andend up seeing how fucking ridiculous and pathetic they look.
If the first doesn't happen the second definitely will. Either that or they'll keep pimping their project and posting "teases" while spending half the time talking smack about canon, and never get any actual work done. I'm picturing a promo video with badly acted fan animation, a TVTropes page, chipper promises of feminism and queer rep, and no actual content.

Ceiling Kitten

kiwifarms.net
1600367139665.png

https://archive.md/r2idg

I don't think this person EVER loved VLD for the show it is, LMAO. She only loved the show in her head and now she's having a PA shitfit over not having been able to enslave the staff to write her fanfics into the plot.

(Also "Blomzine"? iirc that's the name of the "Trans!Sheith" fanzine that was around a while ago. So it's easy to see WHY she's OH-SO disappointed: she's YET ANOTHER entitled Sheith fangurl who cannot get over not getting her ship.)