Warcraft III: Refunded General - How one company managed to mess up a remaster of a 17 year old game.

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
Inafune is sometimes referred to as the brain behind Megaman.
didn't mean inafune, meant the guy she was banging to even get on the team. a while back the story cropped back up because the guy got metoo'd or something I think. can't even remember where I read it or what even the name was, so not much luck with looking it up.

SiccDicc

I can't throw people out of windows anymore :(
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Prior to Inafune leaving Capcom, he was on record pitching a bitch-fit about how Japanese devs never create anything new or interesting and extolling the western dev market. As a brief history lesson, the reason Megaman games stopped coming out is because the market got oversaturated, with Inafune's team pumping out over a dozen across like four series in the span of five years and it became a nightmare for even the most devoted Megaman fan to keep up with. Needless to say, when Inafune came back into game development and announced he intended to make an off-brand Megaman game, after his previous sperg-out, many industry veterans told him to go fist an android girl.
Which is hilarious because I believe it was his push in Capcom to give Dead Rising to western devs and I think we all know how that turned out.

I wish he did fist an android girl... with his face.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
didn't mean inafune, meant the guy she was banging to even get on the team. a while back the story cropped back up because the guy got metoo'd or something I think. can't even remember where I read it or what even the name was, so not much luck with looking it up.
Didn't hear about that, but that's fucking hilarious if so.

SiccDicc

I can't throw people out of windows anymore :(
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't hear about that, but that's fucking hilarious if so.
The guy was Ben Judd and it was Dina who outed him with her new name and nonbinary status if I remember right. Should be a thread around here for it.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is magnificently retarded, and I have to share it all with you. A friend of mine has been digging through Reforged, looking for additional bits of humor to share with me, and holy fuck did they deliver today.

Apparently, some mensa-level intellect at Blizzard decided, apropos of nothing, to genderswap the generic Death Knight in multiplayer. This is apparently part of some thing they're doing for reforged where many models are getting alternate-gender variants (with the resulting hero basically being randomized between the two when first created), but for now, it's one more way that the classic WC3 experience is taking it right in the pooter.

Stunning and Brave.jpg

Credit where it's due, the new model looks kind of neat. But this is Reforged mode.
What happens when you bring it to Classic Mode?

TROON KNIGHT.png

.....You fucking serious?

That isn't... No, it can't be.
I'm getting a texture rip, I need to see this model up close.

What the Fuck Even Is This Texture.png

I'm being pranked.... This can not be real.
There is no way in hell Blizzard dropped a joke this pristine right into my lap.

IT'S FUCKING REAL
:story:

A fucking Brianna Wu Death Knight.
It's like all my Christmases have come home at once to have horrifying butt-sex.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>dat cleavage
sexist and problematic

and wtf is wrong with her nose?
I can answer this.

Normally, when you want to change a unit, you would make a new model and you'd place that over the old one, maybe touch up the animations so they'd work, and so on. The thing is, doing that could potentially fuck up every other model that is rigged to the same animation set. And there is now three fucking units rigged to the Death Knight's animation set.

So they tried something different, and they updated the textures to more readily look like a female model. In theory, they could fake texture and more through clever use of a skin edit, and maybe some tiny edits top the model scaling, it would mostly sync up. Only whoever did it was a fucking sped and didn't realize that doing this would look like shit because the new skin was stretched over the old model, and that the new skin has incorrect shading and no shadow under the nose. Then, just to further fuck it up, she has the same facial rig as the original Death Knight.

This is why the new Death Knight looks like she should be smashing up a Gamestop.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
To elaborate on what I posted, Brood War has what would I call the beginnings of the Blizzardisms best seen in WoW. This blog talks about it:

There is no intrigue in Brood War. It’s just a case of Kerrigan lying to everyone and having them all believe her because… the writers said so, I guess. It’s not like Kerrigan’s even a particularly good liar — her plots are incredibly transparent, and become more so with every passing mission. But the entire cast still swallows every word she says like it’s gospel.

I could maybe buy the Protoss being dumb enough to fall for her lies once — maybe — but they just keep making the same mistake over and over again. Aldaris outright told Zeratul that she was controlling Raszagal, and then Kerrigan proved it more thoroughly by murdering Aldaris for telling her secret.

And Zeratul does absolutely nothing. He continues doing everything Raszagal says and is utterly shocked when Kerrigan finally reveals the truth.

And for that matter, if Kerrigan had control of Raszagal all along, why did she have to invade Shakuras and take her hostage?

A carrier could arrive through the plot holes in this game.
What choice did they really have? Protoss lost their homeworld. They didn't have much to work with anymore.

The original game also had motherfucking Tassadar, he alone made me prefer the story of the base game compared to Brood War.

Tassadar is painfully generic. Zeratul was best Protoss. "Concubine of the Zerg" beats all of Tassadar's lines.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Jaimas

Overcast

Perfection has no age
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What choice did they really have? Protoss lost their homeworld. They didn't have much to work with anymore.

Tassadar is painfully generic. Zeratul was best Protoss. "Concubine of the Zerg" beats all of Tassadar's lines.
I will agree Zeratul was awesome as well.

Hell, I love the Protoss in general. Didn't think I would until starting up their campaign.

Reactions: Tealeaf

The Man Perry Park

Official Cool Guy
kiwifarms.net
Associate Producer, ah another bullshit affirmative action role.
I can understand the new 'devs' inserting themselves in a similar way the original team did, it would normally be a sign of passion and general interest in the project, however everything about the same says otherwise.
worse still that its a desecration of a beloved game. The biggest sin is attempting to replace the developers marks with their own.
It's a perfect example of the cancer in the industry.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can understand the new 'devs' inserting themselves in a similar way the original team did, it would normally be a sign of passion and general interest in the project, however everything about the same says otherwise.
worse still that its a desecration of a beloved game. The biggest sin is attempting to replace the developers marks with their own.
It's a perfect example of the cancer in the industry.
The worst part of this trend is the attempt to wipe the originals out.

The old Baldurs Gate was removed from all stores when the wokified version was made.

The Man Perry Park

Official Cool Guy
kiwifarms.net

The old Baldurs Gate was removed from all stores when the wokified version was made.
Truly is the worst
The old WC3 ran on super low end hardware, could run on Linux, played great, the works, and its been replaced with this souless husk. It really is the chan SOUL VS SOULLESS incarnate in every sense
how hard is it to just patch the game, add some new resolutions, bug fixes and whack it on GOG for ten to twenty bucks, literally all they have to do to get my money, although i'd still probably wait for the sale, I am not that desperate, the backlog continues to grow every day after all...

Reactions: Pissmaster

Twitter Hate Mob

Actual size
kiwifarms.net

The BG one is a different enough situation - the existing copies are all safe, that's something Beamdog couldn't touch. However you can only buy the "enhanced" editions on digital store fronts. At least GOG throw in the original versions as well, but it still means giving money to the cancer that is Beamdog. Siege of Dragonspear, the interquel with the transgender character who will tell you this at tge very first opportunity is, thankfully, still completely avoidable.

Tags
None