Warcraft III: Refunded General - How one company managed to mess up a remaster of a 17 year old game.

Otis Boi

Chunky Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
They weren't under the influence of Activision when they made Destiny or started Destiny 2 IIRC
I think Activation started to influence bungie around the time the first dlc for destiny dropped. I think Activision was ignoring the humblings of Bungie up till then becasue the game sold well at the start but around the time the first dlc hit is when the commuinty was pretty much ready to rip bungies head off and DLC sells numbers kinda reflected it. I think a lot of it has to do with Bungie not knowing what to do with the game and creating with an egingine more finiky to program for then Bethesda's.

Moon Mage

kiwifarms.net
The worst part is if you want to play the original WC3 you have to install the Public Test Realm and even that requires Internet to run.

• Horrifying
Reactions: fag0t

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Pre-ordering is charity. That goes for pre-ordering any game from any company. You're not buying something, you're giving them a gift and hoping they will give you one in return. If you want to give charity to a large corporation then that's your business but realize what you're doing first.

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
Pre-ordering is charity. That goes for pre-ordering any game from any company. You're not buying something, you're giving them a gift and hoping they will give you one in return. If you want to give charity to a large corporation then that's your business but realize what you're doing first.
Believe it or not back 20 years ago if you didn't preorder a popular game, you wouldn't get it on release day, and sometimes you'd have to wait a month for the second print run. I don't disagree that there is no point in preordering today now that digital content has removed scarcity from the equation, but it was totally legit back in the day.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
Believe it or not back 20 years ago if you didn't preorder a popular game, you wouldn't get it on release day, and sometimes you'd have to wait a month for the second print run. I don't disagree that there is no point in preordering today now that digital content has removed scarcity from the equation, but it was totally legit back in the day.
For some niche games, even today if you buy physical, if you didn’t pre-order or have the luck of a god, you wouldn’t ever get a copy.

Reactions: Never Scored

Gravityqueen4life

i am full but i must eat.
kiwifarms.net
i takes actual skill to not only fuck up a remake, but fuck up the game the remake is based off. think blizz will still shill for china after corona?

Tags
None