Warhammer 40k -

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty disappointed personally. I thought the point of The Beast story was to lead up to Ghazghkull having a model where he's now physically larger having survived many more conquests, and all he got was a bigger suit.

Secondly, the lore is lame. There's only 4-ish Ork special characters that anybody really talks about and the biggest one of them all just got beaten by Nobody Marine #49. And this was on some giant Ork fortress where apparently the Rowdy Rowdy Doggos managed to commando their way into Ghazghkull's lair. Twice if you count recovering the body. The SM circlejerk is real.

Last edited:

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The SM circlejerk is real.
Imperial plot armor is generally annoying. They didn't even lose Cadia. It wasn't conquered. The Imperium couldn't simply be out-fought, heavens no. One of the joys of the Genestealer Codex was that each Cult Creed is ultimately about the Imperium losing a planet in a unique, sometimes ironic fashion, even if they weren't exactly lynchpin worlds.

• Agree
Reactions: Your Weird Fetish

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Imperial plot armor is generally annoying. They didn't even lose Cadia. It wasn't conquered. The Imperium couldn't simply be out-fought, heavens no. One of the joys of the Genestealer Codex was that each Cult Creed is ultimately about the Imperium losing a planet in a unique, sometimes ironic fashion, even if they weren't exactly lynchpin worlds.
It's just so pathetic that characters like Ghazghkull - leaders of their respective races - are tied up against worthless stand-ins who might one day hold the grand title of Chapter Janitor. Couldn't be Logan Grimnir or something, or even have that Ghazghkull was simply inspired by something he saw after krumping the enemy like a giant Rok colliding into something with such destructive force the minds of Gork and Mork encourage him to get a new outfit. Nope, it had to be some dumb half-victory that required him to be carried back to Grotsnik.

It would be like if they just said that Abaddon got onto Terra by himself, past everyone without them knowing, and killed the Emperor by turning off his life-support button after surviving his massive psychic attack. His fellow Chaos Marines then came and retrieved him without resistance or further explanation and made him bigger armour. However, Abaddon was unexpectedly foiled when the Space Marines simply switched the life-support button back to on, and now the Emperor has come back to life.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Keeper of smug anime face.
kiwifarms.net
I always hoped a new Ghazghkull model would start some kind of waaaghnarok campaign, considering the imperium is effectively torn in half right now it would be the perfect time.

Second Missing Primarch

Guilliman/el'Jonson 2020: Vote or Die, Heretics
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to admit that I'm more interested in this tease we got from GAMA yesterday than I am about Saga of the Beast or any of the other new Psychic Awakening stuff. Looks like Fabulous Bill is getting a new model...

22c4f202.jpg

Maybe we'll finally see plastic Noise Marines? :optimistic:

• Optimistic
Reactions: ScrappyLobsterchu

Inquisitor_BadAss

Keeper of smug anime face.
kiwifarms.net
I have to admit that I'm more interested in this tease we got from GAMA yesterday than I am about Saga of the Beast or any of the other new Psychic Awakening stuff. Looks like Fabulous Bill is getting a new model...

View attachment 1181374

Maybe we'll finally see plastic Noise Marines? :optimistic:
This has my interest, Chaos Space Marine were my first army when I started in 3rd edition. I even managed to get it up to 2000 points so I could play Abaddon as my HQ because black legion were badass.

Reactions: millais

Second Missing Primarch

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This has my interest, Chaos Space Marine were my first army when I started in 3rd edition. I even managed to get it up to 2000 points so I could play Abaddon as my HQ because black legion were badass.
I'd just like to start a little Emperor's Children army that doesn't involve buying a bunch of conversion kits or the Kakophoni models from Forge World.

• Agree
Reactions: Ted_Breakfast

Second Missing Primarch

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So long as they’re priced similarly to the other cult troops it should be alright cash wise.
You mean if they do make plastic Noise Marines? Hopefully so. A unit of five Kakophoni is $62 USD on Forge World, and to kit out a ten-man CSM squad with Noise Marine upgrades would run me $90 if I used the GW stuff, and not much cheaper even if I went with third-party bits.

agility_

kiwifarms.net
Conversely GW could risk releasing an army starter set using the Emperor's Children as baddies. Who'd they fight? Ravenguard? Fists?

Second Missing Primarch

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They could add Scions, Tau or (even better) Eldar. Their AdMech vs Necrons box sold out, so they don't have to include more SM.
If tied to the War of the Spider book, I guess a boxset could be Emperor's Children vs Necrons or Harlequins, given that the rumor mill has been suggesting 'Crons and Eldar are both involved in that book.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I just finished listening to the Eisenhorn Tetraology and Ravenor Trilogy.

God damn I hope Amazon doesn't fuck up Eisenhorn. The first two books were great, the third book was heartbreaking in a compelling way. With how pear shaped the third book is, I could see brain dead producers seeing Game of Thrones shock factor in it and they thinking that will lead to success.

The Ravenor Trilogy... was ok. I definitely liked Ravenor and how he ran his operation. It just all felt a bit weaker, and ended much cleaner. Compared to the tragedy of Eisenhorn's third book(both in the loss in characters, and the lines Eisenhorn crosses), it felt much less impactful. Like the series was suppose to go on longer.

Also, it's very odd following two Ordo Xenos Inquisitors that do nothing but hunt heretics. There seems like a lot left out of Ravenor's story that could of been interesting, especially his dicking around with Farseers.

Currently I'm deciding between Gaunt's Ghosts and Caphias Cain next, I enjoy listening to them as audiobooks though and I think I read one is old enough that its not, or a lot of it is not, in audiobook format.

• Feels
Reactions: wtfNeedSignUp
Tags
None