Warhammer 40k -

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
I recently received an otherwise fine email from GW that ended with the author trying to sell that awful Warhammer Adventures line, and begins with a preface that contains the claim that "Warhammer is for everyone."

No.
It.
Isn't.
I mean, it's all well and good to want your children to try and play the game (I got on board when I was young and saw a White Dwarf magazine in the library), but let's not try to fool ourselves here and just call a spade a spade. It's violent: that often happens when you've got guns, tanks, swords and very sharp teeth in one setting. Instead of trying to dodge around that subject, perhaps it would be better to emphasise that it's a game. You have only your imagination to figure out why your models are being tipped over or removed from the table, so perhaps you could go with that instead of courting a demographic that doesn't actually buy any of these products themselves. The last thing we need is Disney airing Sergeant Jake and the Primaris Space Scouts as the face of Warhammer,

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
I mean, it's all well and good to want your children to try and play the game (I got on board when I was young and saw a White Dwarf magazine in the library), but let's not try to fool ourselves here and just call a spade a spade. It's violent: that often happens when you've got guns, tanks, swords and very sharp teeth in one setting. Instead of trying to dodge around that subject, perhaps it would be better to emphasise that it's a game. You have only your imagination to figure out why your models are being tipped over or removed from the table, so perhaps you could go with that instead of courting a demographic that doesn't actually buy any of these products themselves. The last thing we need is Disney airing Sergeant Jake and the Primaris Space Scouts as the face of Warhammer,
Kids that show an interest in Warhammer will probably have gotten that interest from someone else, probably some older kids or adults they know or they will have seen the aesthetics of the game and think its cool. They might even appreciate that it is more adult oriented and think it makes them more mature for enjoying it, and trying to family friendly it too hard might turn them off when it no longer has that edge to it. Really I don't think you don't need to try that hard to get kids on board. Kids like guns and action and and most of the grimdark stuff will fly over their heads or is buried far enough under the surface of Space Marines shooting Orks,

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kids that show an interest in Warhammer will probably have gotten that interest from someone else, probably some older kids or adults they know or they will have seen the aesthetics of the game and think its cool. They might even appreciate that it is more adult oriented and think it makes them more mature for enjoying it, and trying to family friendly it too hard might turn them off when it no longer has that edge to it. Really I don't think you don't need to try that hard to get kids on board. Kids like guns and action and and most of the grimdark stuff will fly over their heads or is buried far enough under the surface of Space Marines shooting Orks,
I've said this before, but what attracted edgy, youthful me to Warhammer was all the skulls, violence and doom. Replace that with happy-go-lucky kid adventures, and I don't think young me would've given it a second thought. In fact, if someone brought up Warhammer, I'd be like, "Isn't that for girls?"

Last edited:

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Was a disappointing reveal. I mean, I like the extra Lumineth models, but I doubt anyone who had failed to attend AdeptiCon would have been kicking themselves over something so mediocre. Also, exclusive 'con model is Space Marine #45,913, but with one major difference (he's wearing a kilt).

Maybe the second preview will be better, but I'm a cynic. Not much they can do for 40k that isn't just more Psychic Awakening right now, and with AoS still teasing the Lumineth I don't think there will be any new factions revealed for either games.

Last edited:

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was a disappointing reveal. I mean, I like the extra Lumineth models, but I doubt anyone who had failed to attend AdeptiCon would have been kicking themselves over something so mediocre. Also, exclusive 'con model is Space Marine #45,913, but with one major difference (he's wearing a kilt).

Maybe the second preview will be better, but I'm a cynic. Not much they can do for 40k that isn't just more Psychic Awakening right now, and with AoS still teasing the Lumineth I don't think there will be any new factions revealed for either games.
I really like some of the Lumineth stuff, but a lot of it just looks they gave Dwarf stuff to Elves and patted themselves on the back for such a clever switcheroo.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
kiwifarms.net
Any of you going to town on your 40k armies during all this? Assembling, painting, etc...

I put together and painted the tanks and figures from the Imperial Guard Apocolypse box set. Also got my BaneBlade 3/4 done.

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
Any of you going to town on your 40k armies during all this? Assembling, painting, etc...

I put together and painted the tanks and figures from the Imperial Guard Apocolypse box set. Also got my BaneBlade 3/4 done.
I'm still working from home but with tonnes of avaliable, i've almost finished batch painting 10 nobz and 2 waaagh banners.

Reactions: Starscreams Cape

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net

Nope, I still have to work. Though I plan to take off an entire month later in the year, so I'm hoping to make actual progress both before and during that time.

I got a bunch of 30k marines I'm planning to assembly line. Once they're done, I'm hoping to get started on my much more time consuming and deeply frustrating to paint sororitas.

ScrappyLobsterchu

kiwifarms.net

Im going to continue to sulk that my newly updated seraphon army has to continue to sit on my shelf. I guess I could paint my backlog of space Marines from Christmas, but the idea of painting all those infiltrators makes me want to puke.

Autisimodo

Handsome Lad
kiwifarms.net

Redoing my Ork army. They used to be Deathskulls but I'm planning on moving all my shooty boyz into a Freebootas mob along with my Lootas and Flash Gitz.

Also planning on a Goffs detachment. What I'd really love to do is kitbash the Ironjawz kits from AoS with my spare ork parts to make my Goff Boyz and Nobz; the Ironjawz weapons and armour make them look a lot more brutal then the old Boyz kit which fits perfectly for the Goffs.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Keeper of smug anime face.
kiwifarms.net

Working from home so can’t really do much with my time but I just got done fixing the base coats on my kill team. I have nearly the entire collection of Warhammer conquest to build and paint. The space marine stuff will just be added to my Dark Angels and I’m just debating colour schemes for the death guard.

There was a white dwarf article where a designer used the space wolves palette with red washes on Nurgle Daemons and it looked pretty bad ass.

Tags
None