Warhammer 40k -

CwChalk

kiwifarms.net
arent used tanks still much more expensive than other tank models?
I'm always on the lookout for a deal. On average I'd say a used leman russ battle tank is around $30, so yeah. I never bought em though, most are in poor shape and in dire need of stripping/remodelling. I've only stripped plastic once, and now I have 3 tactical squads and an assault squad that still smells like pine-sol over 10 years later, but it worked. Personally I found it's easier to just pay full price to save on the extra work unless I find a deal where the extra work justifies the price.

Trainspotting takes place in Scotland.
You see! Next to nothing. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Horus

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Personally I found it's easier to just pay full price to save on the extra work unless I find a deal where the extra work justifies the price.
i mean other tank models a friend of mines has orks with stugs and they look fantastic

Horus

Rawdog is the lawdog.
kiwifarms.net
From you, that's a compliment.

Anyway, enough bullshit post some minis! Just finished my first squiggly rough rider for my Grotguard, the true one and only chads.

View attachment 1482497

View attachment 1482499
I like the squid rider. Really good detail on the ork's teeth. Damn though, that poor tank. It looks like whoever you got it from crammend playdough in it, the paint is so thick.

I get it though, you got to take your minis where you can get them. I'm sure most of us have something like that around.

• Agree
Reactions: CwChalk

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
I like the squid rider. Really good detail on the ork's teeth. Damn though, that poor tank. It looks like whoever you got it from crammend playdough in it, the paint is so thick.

I get it though, you got to take your minis where you can get them. I'm sure most of us have something like that around.
Believe it or not the paint on it is okay, it'll cover with a basecoat from an airbrush, somehow the guy i got it off painted the cammo on it as it's fighting on a planet made of unthinned paint.

Reactions: Horus

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
GW already sells miniatures in China. They have a store in Shanghai so there is demand for it. I think they are attempting to expand awareness of their brand. I don’t know much about current Chinese pop culture, but I have no doubt that there are people who enjoy entertainment with over the top action.

GW would want signal to those people that they offer a game where armored warriors smash in the heads of multi-limbed monsters with giant electrified hammers.

The only problem that I can see is them dealing with China’s censorship on anything spiritual or faith-based in entertainment. But since all of Warhammer’s faiths are not tied to anything Chinese, they may get a pass.
Just gotta drop a new image of the GEOMK in the first book released in China that makes him look chinese and they'll let it fly. Possibly even drop in some hints that one of his personas through time was Mao.

Cpl. Long Dong Silver

Mad Lad
kiwifarms.net
Really? Why use Simple Green instead of just Isopropyl Alchohol, then? That's the go to answer for stripping paint I hear from everyone.
Maybe bc you still have to take a light tooth brushing to them. Not like a scrubbing but the paint doesn't just slough off. I usually let it sit 24 hours and then knock it off with a brush.

I had to do this recently with some marines because I knocked a black templar contrast batch over and it sprayed some WIP models.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Maybe bc you still have to take a light tooth brushing to them. Not like a scrubbing but the paint doesn't just slough off. I usually let it sit 24 hours and then knock it off with a brush.

I had to do this recently with some marines because I knocked a black templar contrast batch over and it sprayed some WIP models.
Best cleaner I ever used was this stuff called "Super Clean" I got from walmart in a purple jug. Put it in a container any anything I placed in it had gobs of paint coming off within a few hours with minor agitation.

Models would still be stained from the primer, but it was a smooth surface.

Custom vanquisher ready for action, just needs the rest of the vehicle to get it there:
Malcador 2.jpg

Last edited:

An Ghost

Spectral distancing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I bet warhammer will be bigger in china than the US or UK. They fucking love warcraft/starcraft. They love loot boxes in vidya so much GW could replace regular sets with gacha style bullshit and make assloads of cash.

Random thought: Doesn't China have rules against skeletons and skulls?
Its ghosts. No ghosts. (:_( really anything about disrespecting ancestors.

• Feels
Reactions: discombobulate

Love_Machine011

We're not submissive, we're not aggressive.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Would draconuf nightshade over sliver or gunmetal give me a good blued steel look, or would anyone recommend a certain shade of blue that I can water down with medium?

Tags
None