Warhammer 40k -

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
I bet warhammer will be bigger in china than the US or UK. They fucking love warcraft/starcraft. They love loot boxes in vidya so much GW could replace regular sets with gacha style bullshit and make assloads of cash.

Its ghosts. No ghosts. (:_( really anything about disrespecting ancestors.
Most of the Imperium does "respect" its "ancestors" in their own way, like Space marine dreadnoughts.

As for the Imperium, if they portray it as a totalitarian state and give all Tau a japanese accent, I bet China would love bashing them blueberries in.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Is it just me, or do those starter sets seem very out of balance? I'm definitely considering the recruit level as my first set of models to play stand alone with a friend, assuming the price doesn't go up too much from First Strike.

5 Assault Intercessors Plus a Lieutenant vs 10 Cron Warriors, 3 scarab swarms and a Royal Warden. The Scarbs can screen the warriors a bit, the Warden had 4 2 damage shots up close. Maybe it's just cause first turn bias is so bad with such small unit numbers

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
He's my Goliath gang leader, Grand dog Deddog, wearing light carapace armour and armed with a grenade launcher, a powersword and a bionic arm due to an encounter with a melta-trap.

Mostly built out of the box, his powersword and bionic arm is just a spacemarine arm, his hair is from an escher, his paldrons are from the fantasy orc boyz kit and i greenstuffed his mustache.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Almost forgot sponson cover panels. Wish I could find something a bit more neat than generic IG symbol, but I have non existent 3d modeling skills. Maybe I can lift the symbol up and do some sort of text underneath.
sponson.PNG

agility_

kiwifarms.net
You think itll be fine as is? or should I go with a medium? Never used a contrast before.
"contrast paints" are just thick glazes. The way citadel did it is they took a matt medium solution, added pigment and a surfactant, that way you end up with pigment that stains as a wash but behaves like a glaze, hence why you gotta wrangle where the paint tends to pool up with a wet brush. Some are good, most are bleh and some are completely baffling, like ultramarine blue.
Aethermatic is cool because it's light enough that I use it when laying down greens or transition greys.

contrast chart 1.jpg

Reactions: niconiconecro

Love_Machine011

We're not submissive, we're not aggressive.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"contrast paints" are just thick glazes. The way citadel did it is they took a matt medium solution, added pigment and a surfactant, that way you end up with pigment that stains as a wash but behaves like a glaze, hence why you gotta wrangle where the paint tends to pool up with a wet brush. Some are good, most are bleh and some are completely baffling, like ultramarine blue.
Aethermatic is cool because it's light enough that I use it when laying down greens or transition greys.

View attachment 1484966
Yea I was planning on making blue nectons, looks like the aethermatic blue will do the job perfectly. Thanks for posting the chart.

Love_Machine011

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1484966
Yea I was planning on making blue nectons, looks like the aethermatic blue will do the job perfectly. Thanks for posting the chart.
Ive been looking through contrast painted models and I gotta say im not very impressed. The only models it looks good on deathguard and stuff like that really. Arent these supposed to be the paints for people who dont actually want to paint? It looks like the best way to use these is to just use one or 2 to get a very specific look on your base layers.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Ive been looking through contrast painted models and I gotta say im not very impressed. The only models it looks good on deathguard and stuff like that really. Arent these supposed to be the paints for people who dont actually want to paint? It looks like the best way to use these is to just use one or 2 to get a very specific look on your base layers.
Nah, the paint for those who don't really want to paint is airbrushing :biggrin: I just zip out a 3 tone base using a zenithal method. Also tamiya paints are an absolute godsend for airbrushing.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
airbrushing is based as fuck.
Trying to brush paint shitty cadian models pretty much killed my enthusiasm for painting for like 4 or so years. Then I got into airbrushing my tanks and recently took it to regular minis. I'm not all that good with it, but zipping through 30 guys with a nice 3 tone shade is easy. Then I brush any specific details and do a nice oil pin wash.

Love_Machine011

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trying to brush paint shitty cadian models pretty much killed my enthusiasm for painting for like 4 or so years. Then I got into airbrushing my tanks and recently took it to regular minis. I'm not all that good with it, but zipping through 30 guys with a nice 3 tone shade is easy. Then I brush any specific details and do a nice oil pin wash.
working smarter, not harder.

Tags
None