Warhammer 40k -

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Love_Machine011

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So can I get some 40k yt channels that are somewhere between TOCs 24/7 seething and Valeriks 24/7 dick sucking? I already watch major kill, baldemort, and that one dude with the purple hair. Always looking for more though.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
So can I get some 40k yt channels that are somewhere between TOCs 24/7 seething and Valeriks 24/7 dick sucking? I already watch major kill, baldemort, and that one dude with the purple hair. Always looking for more though.
I dived into his stuff after posted here, so you might be aware, but Auspex Tactics is a very good strictly focused on the mechanics of the game channel. Remlaiz of 40k Theories' Adeptus Podcastus is enjoyable, will rib Geedubs being dumb but doesn't get into politics, often has voice people from TTSD.

Screenshots_2020-08-01-12-55-37.png

While badass, I think it'd be better if one was the Emporer. Panting such a large and detailed model twice sounds tedious.

Reactions: Love_Machine011

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
*Sees Qin Xa is stepping on the remains of an Alpha Legionnaire that was interred in a Dreadnought*
The disrespect....
If I ever encounter this figure in a game, it's defeat will be a high priority.

From you, that's a compliment.

Anyway, enough bullshit post some minis! Just finished my first squiggly rough rider for my Grotguard, the true one and only chads.

View attachment 1482497

View attachment 1482499
That tank looks like a World Eater's art project.

Try ABorder Prince:

His content shifts between narrative-driven lore (similar to Oculus Imperialis and Baldemort), lore exposition, to even audio readings.
My favorite thing I found from his channel was a reading of John French's "We Are One":

Last edited:
Reactions: Love_Machine011

Big Nasty

ASSHOLE
kiwifarms.net

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've always been fond of Fire Giants from D&D, even though the whole franchise is cucked to irrelevance these days. In their honor, I'm painting my Age of Sigmar ogres to resemble them. After all, my Gnoblar horde needs something to go along with it.

Last edited:

Love_Machine011

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So are they going to make primaris versions of chapter specific units when they squat the originals? Or are they just gonna say fuck it and leave it all primaris?

Prince of Crows

Nug shug
kiwifarms.net
So are they going to make primaris versions of chapter specific units when they squat the originals? Or are they just gonna say fuck it and leave it all primaris?
This is something I've also been wondering. In particular I wonder what will happen with Blood Angels units like the death company or Space Wolves wulfen units, because primaris allegedly don't suffer any of the flaws that make some chapters unique.

I don't care about wulfen but a world without death company will be a sad world indeed.

CwChalk

kiwifarms.net
I've never heard of regular marines getting the squat treatment from any official source. Most of the time it's a few people writing articles speculating about why, or offering 'evidence' that units on the GeeDubs site aren't available(which happens every new edition or before a codex release, sometimes it's even just that the original molds are breaking or have cracked).

If regular astartes units are still selling well above Primaris units, which they probably are, they'll never be squatted. I looked around a bit, never found anything conrete. There is, however, an article that gives a few points about why they'll never be squatted. It was written over a year ago though, so keep that in mind: https://spikeybits.com/2019/03/why-power-armor-marines-are-not-getting-squatted.html

• Optimistic
Reactions: 5t3n0g0ph3r

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
Ilja_Jefimowitsch_Repin_-_Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks_-_Yorck.jpg

I honestly think they're hoping to sometime get to a point where they can take all the various oddball legions and merge them into "Space Marines." The ... 9 ... 11? Space Marine subfactions kinda screw with YourDudes and make it stupidly complex. With that in mind, I don't expect them to give too many subfaction specific Primaris units.

For example, if they ever do Wulfen Primaris, I'd expect it to be an upgrade kit for Assault Intercessors with legs, heads, and arms, with no new rules or very minor ones. Lots of "counts as Astartes Chainswords" in the rules. Same thing with Blood Angels Death Company - the BA already have rules that make them stronger in assault, don't they? Just paint your Assault Intercessors as Death Company and call it good. By 12th edition it'll just be some minor fluff for Blood Angels, after all. "They call their assault company the "Death Company" due to the bloodthirsty nature..."

Second Missing Primarch

Guilliman/el'Jonson 2020: Vote or Die, Heretics
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is something I've also been wondering. In particular I wonder what will happen with Blood Angels units like the death company or Space Wolves wulfen units, because primaris allegedly don't suffer any of the flaws that make some chapters unique.

I don't care about wulfen but a world without death company will be a sad world indeed.
The Blood of Baal Psychic Awakening book updated BA rules so that Intercessors can wind up in the Death Company now, so Cawl's work isn't as flawless as previously believed. One assumes that when their proper 9th ed codex drops, there'll be rules for Death Company assault Intercessors also, and maybe other Primaris units.

• Informative
Reactions: Prince of Crows

Love_Machine011

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Primaris blood angels get the black rage and red thirst. It just takes them longer

• Informative
Reactions: Prince of Crows

Love_Machine011

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Blood of Baal Psychic Awakening book updated BA rules so that Intercessors can wind up in the Death Company now, so Cawl's work isn't as flawless as previously believed. One assumes that when their proper 9th ed codex drops, there'll be rules for Death Company assault Intercessors also, and maybe other Primaris units.
DC assault intercessors look like shit next to the real death company tho.
download.jpeg

Azazel

Top of the Game
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Contrast... I have a few on my "to buy list." GW has started using them as washes -- For example, almost every single one of the Indomitus vids uses Basilicanum Grey as a replacement for Nuln Oil. Which makes me think Nuln Oil is on it's way out.

I think GW's new "Contrast-as-shade" stuff might have been because of videos like this from Darren Latham:

He uses Flesh Tearer's Red as a shade and then later to blend the layers together.
I've been painting my minis based off this dudes video, I've probably watch it like 30 times. Of course my lines aren't nearly as clean but every model I finish looks just a bit better. I just need to make my highlights more aggressive, I kinda underestimated how much the contrast can cover them up. It's kinda fun to take advantage of contrasts though, they do a really good job of blending layers, which is helpful for newbie painters like me.

His new video about painting a Blood Angel Bladeguard veteran has also been pretty helpfuly, a different recipes and techniques he talks about that you can apply to most BA models

Last edited:
Tags
None