Warhammer 40k -

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
So I've lost, as far as I can tell, one of my tac marines I was painting. My problem for having a shared desk between projects. As far as I can tell it got knocked off into a bit of rubbish or something. Going to get some weights for the bases going forwards, maybe... fishing sinkers flattened out and glued to the underside? Or maybe some small metal washers.

So I have everything BUT the torso and legs, so I hit up ebay and found a Space Marine "Sternguard" Torso for ~$1, and a "command legs" (looks like Tac Squad legs to me) for $1.50. Shipping cost more than the bits, and the only thing that's different than a standard Tac Marine Torso is it has two purity seals on the belt. In the Sternguard Veteran Squad picture on GW, it's the one with the multi melta.

But I figured, hey, bits... So I looked and snagged a set of 5 Deathwatch Torsos, which are all Mk8 Armor. Yeah, they have some Inquisition insignias, but no big deal, I'll just paint them Khorne Red and the Inquisition bits will be Silver or Black, wouldn't be the first time some Blood Ravens have been gifted Deathwatch armor. Plus, I kinda like the idea of a Deathwatch Returner heavy Blood Ravens army.

And while I was looking for that, I found 5 Grey Kngiht Strike Torsos and Legs from the same seller, which I can use with standard arms + shoulderpads. Mix them in with other units as there's usually a leftover arm + shoulder pad or two. Think they make really nice looking Sergeants, if nothing else. Worst case scenario, I'll look into some of those fancy 3d printed Blood Ravens shoulder pads with the insignia built in to stretch out the shoulder pads I have. (Looking at it, Shapeways has them for like $15 for 20.) All told, $25 or so for the bits.

Also, I snagged some Reivers from the FLGS a few days back while I was on my evening walk, because I didn't want to bother getting First Strike to get them and wanted some for a Kill Team if I go that route.

I still don't collect Space Marines. ... I think I'm approaching 4000 points now.

Last edited:

Second Missing Primarch

Guilliman/el'Jonson 2020: Vote or Die, Heretics
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I've lost, as far as I can tell, one of my tac marines I was painting. My problem for having a shared desk between projects. As far as I can tell it got knocked off into a bit of rubbish or something. Going to get some weights for the bases going forwards, maybe... fishing sinkers flattened out and glued to the underside? Or maybe some small metal washers.

So I have everything BUT the torso and legs, so I hit up ebay and found a Space Marine "Sternguard" Torso for ~$1, and a "command legs" (looks like Tac Squad legs to me) for $1.50. Shipping cost more than the bits, and the only thing that's different than a standard Tac Marine Torso is it has two purity seals on the belt. In the Sternguard Veteran Squad picture on GW, it's the one with the multi melta.

But I figured, hey, bits... So I looked and snagged a set of 5 Deathwatch Torsos, which are all Mk8 Armor. Yeah, they have some Inquisition insignias, but no big deal, I'll just paint them Khorne Red and the Inquisition bits will be Silver or Black, wouldn't be the first time some Blood Ravens have been gifted Deathwatch armor. Plus, I kinda like the idea of a Deathwatch Returner heavy Blood Ravens army.

And while I was looking for that, I found 5 Grey Kngiht Strike Torsos and Legs from the same seller, which I can use with standard arms + shoulderpads. Mix them in with other units as there's usually a leftover arm + shoulder pad or two. Think they make really nice looking Sergeants, if nothing else. Worst case scenario, I'll look into some of those fancy 3d printed Blood Ravens shoulder pads with the insignia built in to stretch out the shoulder pads I have. (Looking at it, Shapeways has them for like $15 for 20.) All told, $25 or so for the bits.

Also, I snagged some Reivers from the FLGS a few days back while I was on my evening walk, because I didn't want to bother getting First Strike to get them and wanted some for a Kill Team if I go that route.

I still don't collect Space Marines. ... I think I'm approaching 4000 points now.
It might be time to admit that you collect Space Marines, fam. The first step in solving the problem is recognizing that there is one.

GrammaNazi

kiwifarms.net
Going to get some weights for the bases going forwards, maybe... fishing sinkers flattened out and glued to the underside? Or maybe some small metal washers.
Glue a coin to the inside of the base. Doesn't get any easier or cheaper than a penny and some glue. Although with the increase in base sizes, a nickel may be the perfect fit nowadays.

• Agree
Reactions: New Fag

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad Heavy Bolters are getting a buff. Hand flamers getting a buff sounds nice on paper, and they might be good against the odd infantry that for some reason isn't wearing power armor.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
>He doesnt paint his custodes a specific host that isnt primarily gold.
I shiggy diggy.
Forgive me brother; in my defense, I have painted a single Custodes in the traditional way (solid gold with a single red pauldron) and stopped because it just wasn't clicking with me.

Of course, that means I have a Custodes painted that I either have to redo or strip somehow.

Edit: To be honest, as mentioned before, I've got this mental image of Celtic Space Marines of some fashion.

Maybe Celtic themed Custodes. I mean, they already have spears and swords...

If nothing else Celtic Blood Ravens would give me justification to use Space Wolves bits if I end up with any. Kinda. Sorta. Not really. ... actually, there's that Knights chapter in Dawn of War 3... Varlock... There's no lore there, I don't think. I could do them up as Celtic themed...

(And yes I know about the FFG RPG Celtic chapter. Not feeling it.)

Last edited:
Tags
None