Warhammer 40k

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know what was "revised" in the dark imperium novels. I've been meaning to try the series out but was unsure if there was any major difference between the older and newer versions aside from taking place about 12 years after Guilliman's revival rather than close to a century.
I think it’s mostly just the timeline that was changed.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kill Team's an odd beast. Picking up a company box might be a good way to get started. Most of the getting started boxes are just 1 unit of troops + some terrain IIRC. Having a company box will give you lots of options and if you decide to go into the main game, it's a good starting point there, too.

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Surprised how cheap the Toy Joy Warhammer 40k stuff is. The Invictor Warsuit is only $199 usd.

TheSockiestSock

Stuff me in your mouth
kiwifarms.net
That’s an odd like not hating but what makes that game so good.
Dude I can play as fucking bad ass IMPERIAL NAVY swerving my fuggin space cathedrals wherever I want or I can play ZOGGIN ORKS and ram the shit out of whatever I want or even play Tyranids! And if the game isn’t balanced well I can edit that shit to make it better.

Shakatherapy

kiwifarms.net
Dude I can play as fucking bad ass IMPERIAL NAVY swerving my fuggin space cathedrals wherever I want or I can play ZOGGIN ORKS and ram the shit out of whatever I want or even play Tyranids! And if the game isn’t balanced well I can edit that shit to make it better.
I just wish they added more campaigns for different factions.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The GSC reveals have been sad. More 9th Edition fun-killing.

Just picked up a Rotbringer Sorcerer for AOS though. Looking forward to dispersing disease tokens in the Magic phase.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Been that bitch. Still that bitch.
kiwifarms.net

Just picked up a Rotbringer Sorcerer for AOS though. Looking forward to dispersing disease tokens in the Magic phase.
F in the chat for our brood brother playing frens out there.
However GW are still selling Brood Brothers and the GSC upgrade kit
6BF741F7-64EA-493B-9D14-6BCE853C7F2C.png
3D502141-C417-4513-84C0-1A54E76749C3.png
It does suck for GSC players since now you’re carrying another book for just a couple of units. Almost not even worth using them unless you had a large amount of them in your list already.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
Seems like Ynnari and 8th edition souping lists fucked with GW's perception of souping since everything about 9th has been discouraging them. Brood bros were pretty harmless and a great excuse to kitbash and have fun with IG models, shame to see them getting restricted so badly.

agility_

kiwifarms.net
That reminds me, the miracle dice Craftworlds are getting are only for "pure" CW armies. If you have harleys or commorrites added you are shit out of luck.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net

What? Every GSC player is rejoicing and you still have flavorful rules and upgrades now.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What? Every GSC player is rejoicing and you still have flavorful rules and upgrades now.
Half my army was Brood Brothers. I loved the idea of half the GSC being PDF members living seemingly normal lives, and then suddenly turning against the planet as the mutants emerged from the sewers. I knew that GW would axe fluffiness for the sake of streamlining the GSC, but it's still sad.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna get the codex from my LGS, and the termies with my half of the Bananas vs Aliens box.

I'm also weak :(
I talked myself out of Shadow Throne, although I'm still considering it. If you don't need / want the GSC the savings is nonexistent; the new Blade Master is like $70.

Kendrick

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net
I actually want all the bananas. I got 3 units of sisters of silence so a 4th isn't bad (variety, and I could turn them into vigilantors or witchseekers if needed), I don't own any of the termies yet (I still need to assemble my dreadnough, but teo of my friends play Tau so I'm afraid of their hammerheads now), and the blademaster is a nice cherry.