Warhammer 40k

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m weak too….Custurds are my favorite army. I bought the blade champion by himself on eBay.
Someone on reddit mentioned in the Custodes Codex Salt threads that the terminators and sisters of silence are stupid cheap on ebay right now. I'm not seeing it, but I may be ~6 hours too late.

Edit:

1641693128154.png

Possible Custodes Combat Patrol box leak. Looks like 2x Sisters, 1x Jetbikes, 1x Guardians.

2x Sisters, $50 each, $100
Vertus Praetors, $60
Custodian Guard, $60

Combat patrol boxes are $140. Is a 36% discount appropriate for them?

Last edited:

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
Someone on reddit mentioned in the Custodes Codex Salt threads that the terminators and sisters of silence are stupid cheap on ebay right now. I'm not seeing it, but I may be ~6 hours too late.

Edit:

View attachment 2871960

Possible Custodes Combat Patrol box leak. Looks like 2x Sisters, 1x Jetbikes, 1x Guardians.
I don’t understand the salt makes a bunch of custodes players look like WAAC scumbags. I saw some battle reports and while we seemingly lost a lot of bread n butter strats. Custodes seems to have a lot of negating shit and tarpit like deathwing now.

3holeDonkeyPunch

kiwifarms.net
I don’t understand the salt makes a bunch of custodes players look like WAAC scumbags. I saw some battle reports and while we seemingly lost a lot of bread n butter strats. Custodes seems to have a lot of negating shit and tarpit like deathwing now.
It's basically because every other 9th codex has, at launch, been full of some obvious cheese.

Custodes lost some really good stuff, gained some alright stuff, and shuffled some other things around. Nothing that makes you say "Holy shit, can't wait to stop using the old codex". It is, so far, the only one that's felt that way in 9th.

Inquisitor_BadAss

Been that bitch. Still that bitch.
kiwifarms.net
It's basically because every other 9th codex has, at launch, been full of some obvious cheese.

Custodes lost some really good stuff, gained some alright stuff, and shuffled some other things around. Nothing that makes you say "Holy shit, can't wait to stop using the old codex". It is, so far, the only one that's felt that way in 9th.
Isn’t this what happened in 6th? GW released a bunch of over powered books earlier in the edition but dialled it all the way back with the Chaos, Ork and Tyranid codex. The tyranid codex was the worst I think that has ever been released as their was just no salvaging the book. Orks were finally redeemed about a year later when the Ghazghull Thraka supplement with the waaagh formation (which gw quickly threw away).
But god the Tyranid book, seeing rumours online that the book wasn’t even play tested (something I could believe). Maybe some armies not having a new book right now isn’t a bad thing.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net

I feel you there I went pretty hard painting my custodes but I do not think the army is destroyed like most people say.

Anyway, my 2022 GW tax has hit me hard Custodes Codex, Maggotkin Tome, Deathshroud/Blightlord Terminators for my Death Guard repainting, and the Custode Blade Champion. After I finish this Death Guard project I will be fully going into the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game hopefully before the Amazon show is out and poisons discussion on all things LOTR related.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

So assuming this is true. Combine it with Shadow Throne:

Blade Champion
15x Sisters
3x Allarus Custodians
3x Vertus Praetors
5x Custodian Guard

That's a darned fine start. Especially since you have HQ buildout options for all of them.

Last edited:

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isn’t this what happened in 6th? GW released a bunch of over powered books earlier in the edition but dialled it all the way back with the Chaos, Ork and Tyranid codex. The tyranid codex was the worst I think that has ever been released as their was just no salvaging the book. Orks were finally redeemed about a year later when the Ghazghull Thraka supplement with the waaagh formation (which gw quickly threw away).
But god the Tyranid book, seeing rumours online that the book wasn’t even play tested (something I could believe). Maybe some armies not having a new book right now isn’t a bad thing.
I remember 5th Edition being like that.

Kendrick

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net

So assuming this is true. Combine it with Shadow Throne:

Blade Champion
15x Sisters
3x Allarus Custodians
3x Vertus Praetors
5x Custodian Guard

That's a darned fine start. Especially since you have HQ buildout options for all of them.
So it's true sadly this is literally what I already own, but I got more of them already.

Missing some wardens (though wardens are overpriced guards for the access to the castelan axe and no access to sword & board), and I do have a dreadnough waiting for me to decide if I want to assemble it with one weapon or magnetise his alt.

That and I have a lot... A LOT of bikes. Dunno if I should invest in a vehicle/forgeworld shit.

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
Confirmed real. Wow. Never thought I'd see the day, but the Sisters of Silence dilutes things just enough, I guess.
The Custodes box and GSC Combat patrol boxes are really good IMO. Mix the GSC Combat Patrol with the start collecting box and you have a pretty solid foundation for an army.
Meanwhile, the Thousand Sons Combat Patrol is a riot and a half.
1641888741661.png

Inquisitor_BadAss

Been that bitch. Still that bitch.
kiwifarms.net
It’s only marginally better then the death guard box although if this is anything to go by the grey knights are screwed.

nfys nst

you'll never be a man
kiwifarms.net
That’s an odd like not hating but what makes that game so good.
It gets 40K right. Looks gorgeous (unless you really zoom in for details), guns sound great, solid voice acting, writing for the campaigns is alright to great, surprisingly in-depth systems with high skill ceiling, factions play markedly different from each other (crazy how few games do this).
5th and 6th Edition Nids were written by Robin Cruddace, to many the single worst crunch writer GW has. Known to be a huge treadhead, likely hates all armies that aren't Space Marines or Imperial Guard, which is why all his books not fitting into these two categories were anywhere between meh or garbage, or in the case of stuff like 8th Edition's rulebook, are beneficial to Marines and/or Guard.
6th Ed CSM had Heldrakes though, which, as meh as the rest of the list was, were utter AIDS.

LeChampion1992

The true Le Champion
kiwifarms.net
So I am a massive fan of the lore and want to get into 40k but I don't know how to start and I don't care for space Marines anymore have ideas on a good way to get started.