Warhammer 40k

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
So I am a massive fan of the lore and want to get into 40k but I don't know how to start and I don't care for space Marines anymore have ideas on a good way to get started.

1) Pick a faction you like.

2) Get a start collecting box if you can, they're cheapish and get you something to fuck around with.

3) If you can't find a SC box then get the combat patrol box, it's a pricier and juiced-up SC anyway.

And if you like Necrons then buy the 40k recruit/elite boxes and sell the Space Marines. The big battleforce boxes from last year could work as an okay starting point but you'll likely get overwhelmed by the amount of models you gotta paint. As far as painting goes you can look up Duncan's painting videos and search for equivalent paints from other ranges if you don't like or care for Citadel paints.

LeChampion1992

The true Le Champion
kiwifarms.net
1) Pick a faction you like.

2) Get a start collecting box if you can, they're cheapish and get you something to fuck around with.

3) If you can't find a SC box then get the combat patrol box, it's a pricier and juiced-up SC anyway.

And if you like Necrons then buy the 40k recruit/elite boxes and sell the Space Marines.
Imperial gaurd army for me.

Also I was thinking of kitbashing to make my own units is that okay.

discombobulate

Pioneer of "fat pop."
kiwifarms.net

It's fine, pretty much expected for some armies. Apparently GW has a rule about needing a certain amount of GW material in a model but that would only matter for GW places/tournaments that care. If you play anywhere else it's unlikely anybody will care unless you're clearly trying to gain a mechanical advantage by changing the size of a model.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
So I am a massive fan of the lore and want to get into 40k but I don't know how to start and I don't care for space Marines anymore have ideas on a good way to get started.
Step 1: Buy a starter box.
Step 2: Feel bad everytime you open the closet and see it, promising that you'll eventually get around to open it and play the game.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Forum Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Read the Eisenhorn novels, Gaunt's Ghost books, and Ciaphus Cain books.
Oh, you mean the tabletop? Get the rulebook first, read it, decide what faction you want, get the faction's codex, decide what units you want in your army.
For beginners, I recommend getting into Kill Team. It's like the main game, but scaled down.
Units are much easier to collect and games are quicker.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net

Kitbashing is great and only official GW stores/tourneys will give you shit for it. Everyone else will be alright as long as you got your guys in the right base sizes. The guard SC box is pretty okay as a pick-up but you probably don't want multiple copies of it unless you can kitbash the commissar into different models.

get_ur_gamon

Hand over the gamon and no one gets hurt
kiwifarms.net
You can also look into getting some 3d printed stuff, which normally costs half as much and looks as good. The resin is a bit more fiddly though and needs superglue to assumble.

Also Ebay is a goldmine for any army.

Misogynes

kiwifarms.net
Please go ahead and defend this taufags

Attachments

• received_950765309159511.jpeg
    received_950765309159511.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 61

3holeDonkeyPunch

kiwifarms.net
It feels like GW is intentionally fucking with the game balance at this point. Update after update has been "tau are strictly better now, in some devastating ways too".

Kendrick

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net
You forgot that they gave the holder of that weapon reroll hits if it didn't move (as an action)

agility_

kiwifarms.net
Do people still believe GW is going to keep the current power creep as is.
They'll ctrl-z most changes about 6 months in, after selling the new boxsets and updated miniatures. This has been happening for decades.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So my airbrushes finally disintegrated on me. Any recommendations?
Disintegrated? Wtf? How?

Aren't Iwatas still the go to brand?

LE Codex and a box of Custodes Terminators coming tomorrow. Have the Custodes half of the Shadow Throne box coming in the mail from... Poland. Huh.

Guess it's time to test out this new Vallejo Metal Color Gold.

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Disintegrated? Wtf? How?

Aren't Iwatas still the go to brand?

LE Codex and a box of Custodes Terminators coming tomorrow. Have the Custodes half of the Shadow Throne box coming in the mail from... Poland. Huh.

Guess it's time to test out this new Vallejo Metal Color Gold.
One was picked up in 1995 and the other was 1996. They were older than that.

Snekposter

SnekMILFposter
kiwifarms.net
Please go ahead and defend this taufags
Power creep. No, I hate it too for that exact fucking reason. Elfdar are getting some absolutely nasty shit too. 5+ invulns and an extra attack on Aspects, and 4+ armor saves on Guardians for example, and Heavy 6 Scatterlasers and S9 pulse lasers from what I've heard. S7 Starcannons, S8 Suncannons. Whole new era of power creep.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
Power creep. No, I hate it too for that exact fucking reason. Elfdar are getting some absolutely nasty shit too. 5+ invulns and an extra attack on Aspects, and 4+ armor saves on Guardians for example, and Heavy 6 Scatterlasers and S9 pulse lasers from what I've heard. S7 Starcannons, S8 Suncannons. Whole new era of power creep.
That’s just eldar….