Warhammer 40k

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

CryptoHermit

chud visigoth
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone write short stories about their armies in 40k? I've been thinking about an idea for an Eldar who's an outcast with the title of "The Heretic" except he's not corrupted by chaos. He's more against the norm of Eldar society. He's a former Warlock from the Lyanden craftworld (I chose this one because the whole elf necromancer aesthetic from them using wraithguard so oftne really appealed to me.) who wanders the galaxy searching for whatever interests him and to overall help the Eldar via whatever tech, lore, artefacts from any other xenos or human civ, it's all free game to him ( to the horror of other Eldar ofc). I guess you could equate him as the Eldar equivalent of a Radical Inquisitor or Magos.

I sometimes run Dark Heresy games with a group so I found getting people to try a little short story about their characters before we play to get them much more invested in the game beforehand.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
Oooh. Anything in specific outside the Codex update? The Whiteshield stuff was interesting for sure.
- New Cadian Veterans perhaps Karsikins?

- New tank in between a leman and baneblade

- 2 *new* regiment kits

The last one is confusing it’s either like actually new regiments in the lore or new kits for existing regiments.

The same leak mentioned World Eaters+Angron so I wanna say Steel Legion and Catachan updates maybe?

Kendrick

Do not believe anything I say.
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone write short stories about their armies in 40k? I've been thinking about an idea for an Eldar who's an outcast with the title of "The Heretic" except he's not corrupted by chaos. He's more against the norm of Eldar society. He's a former Warlock from the Lyanden craftworld (I chose this one because the whole elf necromancer aesthetic from them using wraithguard so oftne really appealed to me.) who wanders the galaxy searching for whatever interests him and to overall help the Eldar via whatever tech, lore, artefacts from any other xenos or human civ, it's all free game to him ( to the horror of other Eldar ofc). I guess you could equate him as the Eldar equivalent of a Radical Inquisitor or Magos.

I sometimes run Dark Heresy games with a group so I found getting people to try a little short story about their characters before we play to get them much more invested in the game beforehand.
I did something similar for my rag tag killteam of Thousand suns. They were badly painted with whatever shit colour I had at the time. The gold was orange, the blue was purple.

I affectionately called them the Hundred Uncles and they have never survived one round of contact with the enemy, with my psykers having the magical power of blowing themselves up at the first sign of danger (I have the WORST of luck). That and my scarab termies warping in, shooting nothing and melting on the return.

Second Missing Primarch

Alpha Legion did WWIII
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bros….I’m falling into the 30k hole. Bought 2 Xiphon for a steal and I’m getting that “you should finally get into 30k” feeling.
Join us. It'll only cost you a couple (or six) organs to build your army. Which Legion were you thinking of?

3holeDonkeyPunch

kiwifarms.net
Join us. It'll only cost you a couple (or six) organs to build your army. Which Legion were you thinking of?
I've considered 30k a few times, but it seems like the elite of the elite, and frankly I'm just not that dedicated to the setting. I don't care if my Pauldron is period accurate, for example.

Plus I feel like the loss of xenos isn't necessarily for the better.

Still, happy it exists for the people who enjoy it.

Fanatical Pragmatist

Bomber Harris Do It Again!
kiwifarms.net
I shit talked Harry Potter in front of my nerdy-ass girlfriend, so she took my half-painted hive tyrant and wouldn't give it back until I apologized for shitting on her favorite book series.

Silver-kerching

Farseer crane
kiwifarms.net
E_0PSuPUYAMghoX.jpeg
Would you ?_?

Raven Guard mostly jump packs and flyers
You might be surprised how cheap you can do 30k these days

If they’re still available grab some betrayal at calth boxes and you’ll have most of what you need for a starting army

If you don’t mind getting dirty with green stuff and plasticard you can do a lot with 40k plastics kits, especially for Raven guard, that Mark 6 armor is a great excuse to just use the plastic tactical squad with beaky helmets

lol forgot to include the link that got me started on the post

Second Missing Primarch

Alpha Legion did WWIII
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You might be surprised how cheap you can do 30k these days

If they’re still available grab some betrayal at calth boxes and you’ll have most of what you need for a starting army

If you don’t mind getting dirty with green stuff and plasticard you can do a lot with 40k plastics kits, especially for Raven guard, that Mark 6 armor is a great excuse to just use the plastic tactical squad with beaky helmets

lol forgot to include the link that got me started on the post
The Calth and Prospero boxes went out of print a while ago, unfortunately. Now they're scarcer than hen's teeth and anyone who has one is charging through the nose. Cheapest one I could find was $200 on eBay. Still not a bad deal for what you're getting, but either way the boxes aren't the economical way to get into 30K anymore. The rumor mill keeps suggesting that they're planning to put out a new box, but who knows.

Did not know that, still $200 is probably still cheaper than buying everything from forge world. they do still have the plastic Mark 3 and 4 kits on sale
6358FE72-3FDA-4E9C-9CC7-163AC5768DD2.jpeg

prices in gbp, always worth checking because GW can do some fucky things with exchange rates

Second Missing Primarch

Alpha Legion did WWIII
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did not know that, still $200 is probably still cheaper than buying everything from forge world. they do still have the plastic Mark 3 and 4 kits on sale
View attachment 2899069
prices in gbp, always worth checking because GW can do some fucky things with exchange rates
Ye. The Mk III and IV boxes are $50 a pop here in Burgerland, though occasionally you can get lucky on Amazon or eBay and find a box for cheaper than that. eBay in general is a good resource for 30K; if you're patient and crafty, you can get some good deals. I once snagged a breacher squad for like $20 cheaper than FW prices.