Warhammer 40k

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Love Machine

Love is the law, love under will.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isnt it magical that when you plan your scheme you magically somehow dont own ANY of the paints for it and you end up having to pay 80 bucks for it.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1653612673226.png

Huh. Apparently Knights are still shit even with the new codexes?

WhatInTheActualFuck

No, seriously... What the fuck?
kiwifarms.net
Pure knights dont work in a game that favors holding objectives.
I could see a War Dog / Armiger heavy list doing alright, though you likely will never see top table. The real appeal of Knights is the big guys though, and yeah - you'll struggle to hold objectives if you lean hard into those.

That said, the people I play with have pretty much only played ToW games since the cards came out, and getting new (and interesting/unpredictable) secondaries as you score the ones you have makes a lot of armies competitive that wouldn't be in tournament play.

Penne Dreadful

Unnaturally Pulpy
kiwifarms.net
I could see a War Dog / Armiger heavy list doing alright, though you likely will never see top table. The real appeal of Knights is the big guys though, and yeah - you'll struggle to hold objectives if you lean hard into those.

That said, the people I play with have pretty much only played ToW games since the cards came out, and getting new (and interesting/unpredictable) secondaries as you score the ones you have makes a lot of armies competitive that wouldn't be in tournament play.
For what it's worth, an all-War Dog House Vextrix list did reach the top table of a 76-player GT last weekend, although it only ended up placing second overall. It turned out that 13 War Dogs were enough to play the board.

Fwiffo

Hootman huge-gland hunam
kiwifarms.net
As for all the discussion for the horus heresy.
My Tl;DR on the discussion is that there are more mediocre to bad books then good, but the good books are bangers.
There are legions that score and have awesome stories like the white scars, then there are the... salamanders.
Dont take the canon too seriously because the writers obviously dont.
Just pick and choose what you like.

For lorelets that just want to get through the heresy while trimming the fat and the shlock, my reading list is
Horus Rising to Mechanicum, Fallen Angels to Prospero burns, Deliverance Lost to Fear To Tread, Angel Exterminatus to Vengeful Spirit, Pharos, Path Of Heaven, Silent War, Angels of Caliban, Praetorian of Dorn, The Master of Mankind(you will hate this or love this), The Crimson King, Tallarn, Wolfsbane, Slaves to Darkness, Titandeath, The Buried Dagger.
This is actually super helpful, thanks a lot.

I got into reading more to do with 40k lore from watching Baldermort’s videos (loved his ork ones), and have really enjoyed reading Abnett’s Inquisitor and Ravenor series (just finished all the The Magos shorts). So when I see all the HH books I think to myself, “hey, these look pretty goo… oh fuck there’s like 4 dozen of them”. This helps me cut through the dross!

Love Machine

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is actually super helpful, thanks a lot.

I got into reading more to do with 40k lore from watching Baldermort’s videos (loved his ork ones), and have really enjoyed reading Abnett’s Inquisitor and Ravenor series (just finished all the The Magos shorts). So when I see all the HH books I think to myself, “hey, these look pretty goo… oh fuck there’s like 4 dozen of them”. This helps me cut through the dross!
There is still dross in there, but its semi required for the overall narrative.
Dont need you coming to me in a couple weeks say "Bro why the fuck was Vulcan Lives on the list?"
The general rule is the HH just gets really shoddy mid 20s onward. Though again, still some bangers in there.

Fwiffo

Hootman huge-gland hunam
kiwifarms.net
There is still dross in there, but its semi required for the overall narrative.
Dont need you coming to me in a couple weeks say "Bro why the fuck was Vulcan Lives on the list?"
The general rule is the HH just gets really shoddy mid 20s onward. Though again, still some bangers in there.
I honestly don’t know how Black Library allowed the HH saga to get so bloated. Do they honestly think anybody but the slimmest minority will read all 50-odd books? I like 40K, and would definitely read fifty 40K books, but if somebody told me they were all in the same saga — and therefore all important and required reading — I would stay the fuck away.

Love Machine

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don’t know how Black Library allowed the HH saga to get so bloated. Do they honestly think anybody but the slimmest minority will read all 50-odd books? I like 40K, and would definitely read fifty 40K books, but if somebody told me they were all in the same saga — and therefore all important and required reading — I would stay the fuck away.
Well anyone who said every book is required is fucking with you
AT MOST, half those books arent even close to being required.

vern

kiwifarms.net
I kinda think the HH should of been just a overall grouping instead of trying to make it one series. Based on how the first 3 books played out I'd argue that the whole thing should of been separate trilogies for each primarch and legion and a few stand alone books that cover a specific individual or event because lets be honest some primarchs/legions aren't that interesting and are entirely skippable (looking at you Manus).

Dieter Laser

Now you can bite me. Bite my boots! Bite my boots!
kiwifarms.net
The audiobook collection makes it a tolerable background task just saying.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
I kinda think the HH should of been just a overall grouping instead of trying to make it one series. Based on how the first 3 books played out I'd argue that the whole thing should of been separate trilogies for each primarch and legion and a few stand alone books that cover a specific individual or event because lets be honest some primarchs/legions aren't that interesting and are entirely skippable (looking at you Manus).
I fucking hate Angron it absolutely saddens me that lack any teased loyalist descendents. That legion bent over backwards for that baby and they still get fucked.

Compare this to say the Iron Warriors. Many high ranking guys clearly didn’t like pert and when givena chance to split they did we have the Silver skulls, Minotaurs, maybe even marines malevolent?

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fucking hate Angron it absolutely saddens me that lack any teased loyalist descendents. That legion bent over backwards for that baby and they still get fucked.

Compare this to say the Iron Warriors. Many high ranking guys clearly didn’t like pert and when givena chance to split they did we have the Silver skulls, Minotaurs, maybe even marines malevolent?
I like the idea of the MM being loyalist IW, because they're quite similar in outlook. I've heard they're actually loyalist Death Guard though, which doesn't make as much sense since the MM lack the stoicism of the Death Guard.

The Marines Malevolent still be my favorite Imperial Chapter, though.

Fwiffo

Hootman huge-gland hunam
kiwifarms.net
The one from audiobookbay was every single book, complete.

I don’t have it on a public share atm but I could probably upload it if you’re interested. Just gotta find it.
Yeah, if you don’t mind, I’m on an audiobook kick and would love that. Thanks!