Warhammer 40k -

Carolus_Rex

kiwifarms.net
As impossible as it is, I wish GW would scale back on how much Space Marine content they throw out regularly in favour of doing the rest of their universe. I'd propose an alternating annual schedule where one year the Imperium side receives Astartes-based releases while the next is everything else (but mainly Imperial Guard). Last time I walked into a store it looked like all the other armies had relatively contained amounts of unit types, but SMs have every ridiculous combination under the sun. Primaris Veteran Jetpack Devastators, Primaris Vanguard Veterans, Primaris-Sergeant-Sergeant-Master-Sergeant-Most-Important-Person-of-all-the-Sergeants-Extreme...
Not only does normal Guard need it, but it would be nice to get plastic figures for Traitor Guardsmen too since the could just sell add-ons like they do for Genestealers cults and all the SM upgrades.

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Not only does normal Guard need it, but it would be nice to get plastic figures for Traitor Guardsmen too since the could just sell add-ons like they do for Genestealers cults and all the SM upgrades.
Be nice to get some new guard sculpts and some new specials. I do quite a lot of modification to my Guardsmen to make them interesting and lately I've taken to sourcing them from ebay so I can get the much cooler oldschool metal ones.

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
I think traitor guardsmen are coming.

The newish "Black Fortress" boxed game contains a sprue of them. This is a good way for GW to gauge demand by seeing how vocal the demand for traitor guardsmen outside of the box is.

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
GW have been getting a bit better of late, forgeworld have gone to shit though and imo should probably drop 30k in the near future, as easy as it is to churn out a never ending procession of different flavour spacemarines they somehow managed to make the setting boring wankfest about the correct company markings on the correct leg, the game is trapped in 7th ed. and it's sales bubble has well and truely burst.

FW was always best when it was reproducing epic (the game) vehicles at 40k scale.

received_2291825117766601.jpeg

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
GW have been getting a bit better of late, forgeworld have gone to shit though and imo should probably drop 30k in the near future, as easy as it is to churn out a never ending procession of different flavour spacemarines they somehow managed to make the setting boring wankfest about the correct company markings on the correct leg, the game is trapped in 7th ed. and it's sales bubble has well and truely burst.

FW was always best when it was reproducing epic (the game) vehicles at 40k scale.

View attachment 657526
I used to be impressed with Forgeworld stuff but the last model I had from them was a Mars Pattern Demolisher and the quality was just, sub par. Lots of warping and a bad fit.

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
I used to be impressed with Forgeworld stuff but the last model I had from them was a Mars Pattern Demolisher and the quality was just, sub par. Lots of warping and a bad fit.
To make matters even worse they've been actively reducing the avaliability of the ranges they do have, orks alone have lost two superheavies, grot crew upgrade, big gunz upgrade set for vehicles, heavy weapons sets and one of the trukk upgrade kits in the last 5 or so years, Elisians and Tallan are gone, kriegers will be next as their range has been massively reduced, etc, etc.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
To make matters even worse they've been actively reducing the avaliability of the ranges they do have, orks alone have lost two superheavies, grot crew upgrade, big gunz upgrade set for vehicles, heavy weapons sets and one of the trukk upgrade kits in the last 5 or so years, Elisians and Tallan are gone, kriegers will be next as their range has been massively reduced, etc, etc.
See reduced ranges wouldn't bother me, I'd much rather FW concentrated on making small, high quality figures and upgrade kits. My biggest issue is, despite being the same company FW minis are HATED by GW shops and tourneys for being absurdly overpowered. Just because a Mini is cool like the Dreadnought I have doesn't mean it has to be game breakingly powerful. Just make nice, premium minis that are playable in regular games. It's not fucking hard.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Be careful what you complain about: Do you really want to see Warhammer Adventures succeed and dumb it all down to Blizzard/WoW levels? Because the grim and uncompromising nature of the setting is part of the appeal.
Comically grim is not the same as just general cartoonishness.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
kiwifarms.net
I'm too poor to justify FW shit, so w/e. At least recasters still carry canceled FW lines, while being able to match the quality most of the time.
I have what I think might be a recast Primaris Librarian, and the quality is pretty great, even if it is resin.

Sadly, though, I have no need of it. Didn't know it at the time, but the fluff of my chosen Chapter states that it is Nikaea-compliant. What a downer.

DangerousGas

Chaotic Bald
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think traitor guardsmen are coming.

The newish "Black Fortress" boxed game contains a sprue of them. This is a good way for GW to gauge demand by seeing how vocal the demand for traitor guardsmen outside of the box is.
The traitor guardsmen are actually really nice designs - if you trim off the chaos emblems they'd fit pretty well with some of the older guard designs imo.

I bought Blackstone fortress just to dip my toe back in, since I last played anything GW related 20 years ago - mainly looking forward to the painting/model making bit atm, Tbh. I've been very impressed with the quality of the new plastic castings: they're light years ahead of what GW was knocking out in the early to mid 90s. The new easy build designs are interesting - I prefer some of the pose choices you had with the old models, but this new system does allow for much more fancy models with tiny details like joined chains and so forth (imperial zealot, I'm looking at you).
I'll post more when I've got something painted to show.

Second_Missing_Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
kiwifarms.net
I have what I think might be a recast Primaris Librarian, and the quality is pretty great, even if it is resin.

Sadly, though, I have no need of it. Didn't know it at the time, but the fluff of my chosen Chapter states that it is Nikaea-compliant. What a downer.
Are you talking for a Heresy army or a 40k army? Because pretty much all the chapters quietly binned the Edict of Nikaea after the Heresy was over, even the guys who'd supported it hardcore like the Fists and the Salamanders. The only exception I can think of are the Black Templars.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
kiwifarms.net
Are you talking for a Heresy army or a 40k army? Because pretty much all the chapters quietly binned the Edict of Nikaea after the Heresy was over, even the guys who'd supported it hardcore like the Fists and the Salamanders. The only exception I can think of are the Black Templars.
Marines Malevolent. I want to be wrong, because psykers are fun.

Second_Missing_Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
kiwifarms.net
Someday I might spread out into Minotaurs, so hopefully it'll be of use eventually.
Both of the chapters I play use Librarians, which makes me happy because I like painting them. Also, Minotaurs seem like a fun army to collect. I know a guy who has an army of them, and he's done a lot of kitbashing and converting to make them look more Ancient Greek.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino