Warhammer 40k -

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well a pretty major bit of background lore just dropped in some aeldari Eldar book that just came out. Turns out that the Eldar were created by the Old Ones for a very specific reason.
To fight Proto-Chaos, which was something so nasty even the Necrons were scared shitless of it to the point of inventing the whole "exterminatus the shit out of anything vaguely tainted" tactic millions of years before the Imperium to contain its spread during the War in Heaven, and they even allied with the Eldar against it when shit got really fucking bad. Indeed the book is partially set in a joint Necron/Eldar containment vault holding Slaaneshi daemons from 60 million years before Slaanesh was apparently born.

Jan_Hus

Czech yourself before you wreck yourself
kiwifarms.net
Linear time, causality, and the Warp aren't on good terms. This makes more sense than you may think.
This, There was a case of an Ork Warboss, Warboss Grizgutz. Grizguts traveled through the warp only to arrive at his destination before he left.

At this point, Grizguts's planned WAAGH! ended because one of the Grizguts killed the other in order to get two of his favorite gun and the Orks present wandered off in confusion.

Second_Missing_Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
kiwifarms.net
This, There was a case of an Ork Warboss, Warboss Grizgutz. Grizguts traveled through the warp only to arrive at his destination before he left.

At this point, Grizguts's planned WAAGH! ended because one of the Grizguts killed the other in order to get two of his favorite gun and the Orks present wandered off in confusion.
That's still one of my favorite 40K stories of all time. They also just released an Iron Hands short story not too long ago where Ferrus Manus drove his flagship into a warp rift after some Orks and stumbled across an Iron Hands cruiser from the future. He got all pissy because he found a dead future Iron Hand whose bionics looked like shit to him, so he ordered it abandoned even though his Mechanicum representative suggested that they should probably try to mine the databanks for technology and information.

Male Idiot

Redneck Cephalopod.
kiwifarms.net
That's still one of my favorite 40K stories of all time. They also just released an Iron Hands short story not too long ago where Ferrus Manus drove his flagship into a warp rift after some Orks and stumbled across an Iron Hands cruiser from the future. He got all pissy because he found a dead future Iron Hand whose bionics looked like shit to him, so he ordered it abandoned even though his Mechanicum representative suggested that they should probably try to mine the databanks for technology and information.
Hey its not like it could have told him about a certain warmaster.....

Warsmith Kroeger

Genocidal A-Log machine from the 31st millenium
kiwifarms.net
So I bought my Angron Primarch book after waiting since the start of the series, I was looking at the new releases when I came across this:

The new audiobooks seem to be voiced by David Tennant and Billie Piper. Im not gonna shell out money to listen to them, unless in the Necron one it takes a sharp turn and the kiddos meet a bunch of Necron Flayed Ones.

Second_Missing_Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
kiwifarms.net
So I bought my Angron Primarch book after waiting since the start of the series, I was looking at the new releases when I came across this:

The new audiobooks seem to be voiced by David Tennant and Billie Piper. Im not gonna shell out money to listen to them, unless in the Necron one it takes a sharp turn and the kiddos meet a bunch of Necron Flayed Ones.
Have you gotten to read it yet? Angron's way down the list of primarchs that interest me, but I thought I might pick up the normal edition when it drops in a couple months if the book was good enough.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
kiwifarms.net

And the second one is about the Burger King Kids' Club 40K encountering a Genestealer. Anyone that's ever read any fiction about the GC knows that a Stealer will only kill you during an uprising, what they'd do to these kids and their subsequent behavior would be much more disturbing than mere violence.

Reactions: Your Weird Fetish

Second_Missing_Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
kiwifarms.net
And the second one is about the Burger King Kids' Club 40K encountering a Genestealer. Anyone that's ever read any fiction about the GC knows that a Stealer will only kill you during an uprising, what they'd do to these kids and their subsequent behavior would be much more disturbing than mere violence.
Also I think the Mechanicus kid actually invents stuff, which is doubleplus tech-heresy for anyone not named Belisarius Cawl.

I can see where GW's going with this (get the little kids hooked so you have a steady customer base for years to come), but I still think it's hilarious that they're taking stuff as grimdark as the Necrons and genestealers and trying to make them kid-friendly.

Second_Missing_Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
kiwifarms.net
This is a misconception. If this were the case, Errant power armor would never have existed.
The Errant armor is basically just an upgraded version of the Mark VII. Not really an innovation. Besides, innovation is still considered tech-heresy by the Mechanicus even if they grit their teeth and accept it at times. It's why Cawl is such a controversial figure in the fluff: he actually goes out and invents things, which most orthodox tech-priests think is an affront to the Machine God. Guilliman refuses to name him Fabricator-General specifically because he knows doing so will cause a civil war in the AdMech.

Reactions: Male Idiot

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone heard of the shit show Blue Table Painting caused with the terribly painted Chaos Dwarf army they did?

I really don't get why people still do business with them. Bad enough the company treats their employees like shit and that apparently Shane has a god complex because I guess he thinks his rotating crew of painters are the best in the world when the majority of the time now days it's just mediocre at best.

Many of their old affiliates wont even acknowledge them anymore like Mini Wargaming.

Warsmith Kroeger

Genocidal A-Log machine from the 31st millenium
kiwifarms.net
Have you gotten to read it yet? Angron's way down the list of primarchs that interest me, but I thought I might pick up the normal edition when it drops in a couple months if the book was good enough.
So ive just got through it, if its the hype or not I don't know, but its one of the best books I have read about the World Eaters and Angron. If you're a fan of all background, especially the Legions background, you'll like this.
Without spoiling, it covers Angron growing up, the problems with the Nails., Kharn is a pretty cool guy as always, and shows Angron in the best showing he has had. I am a bit biast as they are my favourite Legion, but the book is a solid read. Bar a few obvious cringe references to spartans and the like.

Second_Missing_Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
kiwifarms.net
So ive just got through it, if its the hype or not I don't know, but its one of the best books I have read about the World Eaters and Angron. If you're a fan of all background, especially the Legions background, you'll like this.
Without spoiling, it covers Angron growing up, the problems with the Nails., Kharn is a pretty cool guy as always, and shows Angron in the best showing he has had. I am a bit biast as they are my favourite Legion, but the book is a solid read. Bar a few obvious cringe references to spartans and the like.
I'll add it to the list, then. My favorite loyalist legion is Imperial Fists and my favorite traitor legion is Alpha Legion, so I'm still waiting on those books.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino