Warhammer 40k -

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
I would absolutely stab a bitch for a Carcharodons box set. They're one of my favorite chapters.



I think the Codex Astartes ideal of 1,000 Marines per chapter has always been kind of an "in theory" thing rather than an "in practice" thing. As you pointed out, some chapters just don't give a fuck about the Codex, while other chapters are chronically understrength because of heavy casualties or issues with their gene-seed (Carcharodons, Lamenters, Raven Guard, Flesh Tearers, etc). Moreover, I think that most of the Codex-compliant chapters are technically overstrength anyway, since they usually have extra specialist Marines on hand to maintain their fleets and motor pools and archives and so forth. Even the Smurfs aren't strictly Codex-compliant, since they have the Tyrannic War Veterans operating as a separate unit, the Genesis Chapter effectively acting as a reserve pool, and now an 11th Company formed by Rowboat himself.
Realistically (lol) almost any unit is going to be under its on paper strength so you'd probably be looking at 700-800 Ultramarines spread across the entire galaxy even with the non-Codex compliant units.

I seem to also recall that Guilliman wasn't exactly thrilled with the Marines treating the Codex as holy writ as opposed to a primer on operations. I suspect if he gets the chance to revise the Codex, the frontispiece will look something like the saying from the U.S. Army's Ranger School: 'Here lie the bones of Ranger Jones, a graduate of this institution. He died last night in his first firefight using the school solution.'
Yeah cool let's keep taking away the only things that make the Imperium of Man different from every other generic scifi dystopian government.
 

Tranhuviya

Item 25570
kiwifarms.net
Just a heads up. Humble Bundle is offering the Horus Heresy series as part of their book Bundles. Not to sound like a shill, but for just a dollar you get the first three books, a book about Guilliman by Annandale, an audiobook and a short story.
 

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
kiwifarms.net
Gorgon’s not that bad though, great on anything with scything talons. Especially when Kronos is in the same codex.
I rather like Kronos, if only because I tend to include Hive Guard and when I do play, enemy psykers are a constant. Oh, and I like their relic. The only time the Gorgon trait really mattered for me is that it helped Genestealers roll a few more 6's for their Rending Claws, which turned out to be critical in getting rid of some Hellblasters and snagging me a point.
 

Guntburglar

Juss hadv a free borger bite
kiwifarms.net
Exactly, nighthaunt is pretty top tier in design. Even chainyanggangrasps have asomething about them. Which I am planning to get into, but I'd rather get my painting ability worthy first and L2P some easy ghouls or some shit first.
 
Reactions: Ted_Breakfast

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
"Counts as". Doesn't matter what your minis are as long as they're the right size. Unless you want to play at stores.
Did they get rid of the rule where up to 80% of the model had to be GW and the other 20% could be other? Couldn't you just mix and match GW models than and call them Ultramarines? You would never need to touch a 3rd party kit.
 

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
kiwifarms.net
Exactly, nighthaunt is pretty top tier in design. Even chainyanggangrasps have asomething about them. Which I am planning to get into, but I'd rather get my painting ability worthy first and L2P some easy ghouls or some shit first.
If you want to want to run KO as Squats, I'd make them AdMech. Fits in with their close alliance with the Imperium, too. You could also run them as Iron Hands, with Skywardens and Endrinriggers as Inceptors and Aggressors. Now that I think about it, Arkanauts would make great Scouts, there's your Troop choice.
 
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino