Warhammer 40k -

Guntburglar

Trash burger connoisseur
"Counts as". Doesn't matter what your minis are as long as they're the right size. Unless you want to play at stores.
I don't know if I can stomach playing skydwarves as the guard. Plus, making guard line out of thunderers? Financially inconceivable I say!

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
I don't know if I can stomach playing skydwarves as the guard. Plus, making guard line out of thunderers? Financially inconceivable I say!

Thunderers are basically stealth Squats. So you're kinds supposed to use them for that. Or at least a handful of them.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
What's really funny is that Thunderers get the same shitty save in AoS that they would as Guardsmen. They are definitely the worst army to have a devoted book.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
Lol Sigmar's models are overdesigned warcraft looking monstrosities. Only the Chaos stuff and the water elf stuff looks pretty good.

NighthauntHeroes-June25-KurdossMinituare-8pq.jpg

Oh pshaw. Although most of the Stormcast stuff does look pretty clunky.

Guntburglar

Trash burger connoisseur
Exactly, nighthaunt is pretty top tier in design. Even chainyanggangrasps have asomething about them. Which I am planning to get into, but I'd rather get my painting ability worthy first and L2P some easy ghouls or some shit first.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
"Counts as". Doesn't matter what your minis are as long as they're the right size. Unless you want to play at stores.
Did they get rid of the rule where up to 80% of the model had to be GW and the other 20% could be other? Couldn't you just mix and match GW models than and call them Ultramarines? You would never need to touch a 3rd party kit.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
Exactly, nighthaunt is pretty top tier in design. Even chainyanggangrasps have asomething about them. Which I am planning to get into, but I'd rather get my painting ability worthy first and L2P some easy ghouls or some shit first.

If you want to want to run KO as Squats, I'd make them AdMech. Fits in with their close alliance with the Imperium, too. You could also run them as Iron Hands, with Skywardens and Endrinriggers as Inceptors and Aggressors. Now that I think about it, Arkanauts would make great Scouts, there's your Troop choice.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
Recently found out just how many people still play or at least collect Warhammer/ Warhammer 40k in my area. I really need to get back into it since there's at least a thousand people again and weekly tournaments at some stores near by. I thought we lost a lot of players when our local wargaming clubs all died out.

Can't wait to get plastic sisters so I can chop them up into Techsisters. Or maybe I could just do that with unofficial models. Local store probably wouldn't give me too much hell for it but not confident in the players. Most of the time I'm there I just buy my paints, models and gtfo

Imperialist #348

Your Friendly Hell-forged postman.