Warhammer 40k -

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
So apparently there's a fairly new 40k related sub reddit the might have a small chance of being worth keeping a eye on forfuture reference

May I present r/Sigmarxism
View attachment 702060

like I said there a fairly sub reddit (16 days old at the time of this post) but apparently they tried to cause a little shit storm by crossposting onto r/Grimdank, to which the only real thing that happened was the mods ending up locking the thread

Post in question
I said they might be worth keeping on eye on but in all fairness the might end up being as harmless as feminist40k
Further proof Sigmar is shit

Second Missing Primarch

Rangdan Xenocides 860-930.M31: Never Forget
True & Honest Fan
Yeah no shit.
I was scrolling through some of there posts and someone had a full fall of text sperging how the orks are in fact communist. I only just glanced at it but 2 things jumped out to me
A) implying the green skins care about any from of ideology that's not about punching stuff
B) why would you want try and paint them as having your politics to begin with. I'm not to familiar with ork lore but didn't the old ones make them to be physically unable to live unless there able to commit some act of violence against any sentient lifeform?

Yeah, if anything, orks are a kratocracy. I'm not super-familiar with ork lore either, but I know that orks get bigger and tougher every time they win a fight, and I think if they're not allowed to fight and kill stuff then they kind of shrivel up and waste away.

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
True & Honest Fan
Yeah, if anything, orks are a kratocracy. I'm not super-familiar with ork lore either, but I know that orks get bigger and tougher every time they win a fight, and I think if they're not allowed to fight and kill stuff then they kind of shrivel up and waste away.
Pretty much. The 40K artbook Xenology depicted an ork that had been imprisoned, and he'd actually gotten flabby and (according to the in-book text) was suffering from depression prior to being killed and vivisected. Murderous space fungus critter or not, I almost felt sorry for him.

Second Missing Primarch

True & Honest Fan
Pretty much. The 40K artbook Xenology depicted an ork that had been imprisoned, and he'd actually gotten flabby and (according to the in-book text) was suffering from depression prior to being killed and vivisected. Murderous space fungus critter or not, I almost felt sorry for him.

Now that you say that, I'm pretty sure I must have read that book at some point, because that sounds really familiar. And it's hard to empathize with a big green killing machine, but yeah. Just imagine the idea of having been made for the sole purpose of fightin' and winnin', and then some little humies capture you and stuff you in a box and just...leave you there. No fights, nothing to kill, just the box. It's almost pitiable.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
So apparently there's a fairly new 40k related sub reddit the might have a small chance of being worth keeping a eye on forfuture reference

May I present r/Sigmarxism
View attachment 702060

like I said there a fairly sub reddit (16 days old at the time of this post) but apparently they tried to cause a little shit storm by crossposting onto r/Grimdank, to which the only real thing that happened was the mods ending up locking the thread

Post in question
I said they might be worth keeping on eye on but in all fairness the might end up being as harmless as feminist40k
Why don't they just play Tau if they want to be commies instead of catholic space nazis? Or better yet, Tyranids.

question is how the fuck can you be unwoke in a hobby where there is an entire army of bolter bitches, gay space elves and where your encouraged to make your army, your dudes?
They mostly seem to have dropped that in favor of encouraging you to copy the flagship factions.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
keeper-of-secrets-2.jpg

I like that it subtly includes the bovine elements from the old Keeper of Secrets. It doesn't look as spectacular as the FW KoS, but it also isn't made of resin that will shatter if a hummingbird taps it.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
Kill team campaign starts Wednesday. R8 my list

Necron Kill Team - 97

Necron Immortal (Leader) - 16
Tesla Carbine

Deathmark (Scout) - 15

Deathmark (Sniper) - 15

Deathmark (Veteran) - 15

Necron Warrior - 12

Necron Warrior - 12

Necron Warrior - 12

No bully plz.

Looks solid to me, but I suck at Kill Team. Deathmarks look a lot better in KT than they do in 40k.

Imperialist #348

Your Friendly Hell-forged postman.
for those of you who have done your own dudes what inspired the aesthetics of them, if they have any?.

I ask as i plan to do my own guys when i get a area sorted for building and painting, and already have an idea of what im aiming for.

Second Missing Primarch

True & Honest Fan
for those of you who have done your own dudes what inspired the aesthetics of them, if they have any?.

I ask as i plan to do my own guys when i get a area sorted for building and painting, and already have an idea of what im aiming for.

When I was first working on my custom Space Marine chapter, I based their color scheme and name on their backstory, which was essentially the Night's Watch/Dunedain Rangers IN SPACE. I decided to visually represent the phrase "it's always darkest before the dawn" on their armor, so I went with a very dark violet trimmed with either white or gold. Since they're Imperial Fists successors, I also decided to play up the Fists' tendency to collect and scrimshaw bones, so some of them tote around skulls on their belts or backpacks for the extra intimidation factor.

Inquisitor_BadAss

*Insert witty comment here

I’ll drop some pics on imgur for better results by my entire Khorne kill team has skull covered bases and each dud was kit bashed.

Top image is all the bases completed and I took a couple pics of my champion, banner barer and a cultists as well.

Everything except bases are very much WIP

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
I've always loved the wars on Armageddon so i decided to include it in my waaagh's back story.

Warlord Gar'Un Morgore Mek-Klaw, leader of the bloodaxe tribe Da Boom Boyz is renowned across the galaxy for his expertise in tank warfare and artillary tactics. Before Ghazzy's war Mek-Klaw had already carved out a small empire on the fringe of the galaxy centered around an orkish factory planet dedicated to building bigger and meaner gunz and the vehicles to carry them.

When the call of the waaagh became too much Da Boom Boyz packed as many gunz and ladz into their Kroozers and threw themselves into the stars, however after years of fighting on Armageddon Mek-Klaw could feel the situation souring for the orks and showing unusual foresight for an ork decided little would be gained by his staying planet side, blasting through the imperial blockade in their kroozers he and his boyz wondered through the galaxy until finally finding their home.

Upon crashing onto the planet Mek-Klaw found that he had been usurped and numerous other tribes and warbosses sought to take his place, his planet was engaged in a full on civil war known amongst the participants as Da War Of Four Waaaghs, Knowing only he could smash enough heads and restore what passed as order on ork planets, Mek-Klaw dusted off his trusty peaked cap and threw himself and his boyz into the fight.

Imperialist #348

Your Friendly Hell-forged postman.
im tempted between either IG or SM for my guys, primarily for pieces of artwork iv seen.

for both IG and SM im aiming to go for a medieval/knight look to them, this art immediately reminded of the solar auxilia.
SM wise so far DA seem to be the closest ones in terms of aesthetics to what im looking for.

there is most likely sites that do head,torsos,etc so looking for bitz shouldn't be to talling.