Warhammer 40k -

Inquisitor_BadAss

*Insert witty comment here
im tempted between either IG or SM for my guys, primarily for pieces of artwork iv seen.

View attachment 713380View attachment 713381

for both IG and SM im aiming to go for a medieval/knight look to them, this art immediately reminded of the solar auxilia.
View attachment 713382
SM wise so far DA seem to be the closest ones in terms of aesthetics to what im looking for.

there is most likely sites that do head,torsos,etc so looking for bitz shouldn't be to talling.

The beauty of this edition is allies so you can have both in your list. A battalion of guard and marines of your chosen flavours also your dark angels are the superior choice.

Second Missing Primarch

Rangdan Xenocides 860-930.M31: Never Forget
True & Honest Fan
im tempted between either IG or SM for my guys, primarily for pieces of artwork iv seen.

View attachment 713380View attachment 713381

for both IG and SM im aiming to go for a medieval/knight look to them, this art immediately reminded of the solar auxilia.
View attachment 713382
SM wise so far DA seem to be the closest ones in terms of aesthetics to what im looking for.

there is most likely sites that do head,torsos,etc so looking for bitz shouldn't be to talling.

Some good places to start looking for conversion bitz include Kromlech, Maxmini, Wargame Exclusive, Victoria Minis, Conversion World, and Spellcrow. I've bought from Maxmini and Victoria and was pleased with what I got, and I know someone who was very happy with Conversion World's stuff.

Imperialist #348

Your Friendly Hell-forged postman.
The beauty of this edition is allies so you can have both in your list. A battalion of guard and marines of your chosen flavours also your dark angels are the superior choice.
thats pretty nice, might prevent burning out have heard that hell-blasters are nice edition to DA armies.

Some good places to start looking for conversion bitz include Kromlech, Maxmini, Wargame Exclusive, Victoria Minis, Conversion World, and Spellcrow. I've bought from Maxmini and Victoria and was pleased with what I got, and I know someone who was very happy with Conversion World's stuff.

thanks,iv heard good things about kromlech an ill definitely give the others a look.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
The Kromlech line of Orks is really interesting. If I played Blood Axes, most of my army would be Kromlech. As is, my weirdboy is Kromlech, it has more of the Deathskullz quality I'm looking for.

Speaking of Deathskullz, I recently wandered into BoLS and found an article that boldly stated that the blue Orks kultur is more powerful than that of the Bad Moons and Evil Sunz, and that the Snakebites FNP is basically interchangeable with the 6++ Deathskullz save. I know this is slightly off-topic, but any excuse to shit on BoLS is a good one, especially when it reveals they know relatively little about the hobby they pretend to love.

Last edited:

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
for those of you who have done your own dudes what inspired the aesthetics of them, if they have any?.

I ask as i plan to do my own guys when i get a area sorted for building and painting, and already have an idea of what im aiming for.
I wish I had them with me so I could take pics but my Dark Eldar kabal have a rave/vaporwave paintjob. Very obnoxiously bright colors with blending and my list makes heavy use of combat drugs. I was inspired to do something beyond the usual torture and slavery every single kabal has.

Second Missing Primarch

Rangdan Xenocides 860-930.M31: Never Forget
True & Honest Fan
I wish I had them with me so I could take pics but my Dark Eldar kabal have a rave/vaporwave paintjob. Very obnoxiously bright colors with blending and my list makes heavy use of combat drugs. I was inspired to do something beyond the usual torture and slavery every single kabal has.

I request pics when you have them, because those sound fuckin' sweet.

Still working on a Khorne army. It's (unfortunately) designed for Age of Sigmar as my significant other gravitated towards fantasy, but hey - Khorne probably got the best deal out of everyone in that crap, and all my Daemons will work in either setting.

Nothing unique - just aping official colours because I liked them already. Will post pictures later.

Want to do some Ork work if I get the time, but the lack of substantial model updates besides vehicles took most of the wind out of my sails. If I do end up starting one it'll be Goff's or a nomadic, desert-like Freebooterz warband (in fond memory of Gorkamorka, the game that started it all for me).

Last edited:

Autisimodo

On break.
Want to do some Ork work if I get the time, but the lack of substantial model updates besides vehicles took most of the wind out of my sails. If I do end up starting one it'll be Goff's or a nomadic, desert-like Freebooterz warband (in fond memory of Gorkamorka, the game that started it all for me).

Why not both? I'm planning on adding a detachment of Freeboota flash gitz and gretchin (cheap troop choice) with Kaptain Badrukk as HQ to my Deathskulls warband.

Plus I remember reading in White Dwarf November 2018 that Chapter Approved has brought back Looted Tanks.

Speaking of Deathskullz, I recently wandered into BoLS and found an article that boldly stated that the blue Orks kultur is more powerful than that of the Bad Moons and Evil Sunz, and that the Snakebites FNP is basically interchangeable with the 6++ Deathskullz save. I know this is slightly off-topic, but any excuse to shit on BoLS is a good one, especially when it reveals they know relatively little about the hobby they pretend to love.

Deathskull's Klan kultur is definitely inferior to the Bad Moons, but it's pretty handy for me, but mostly because I keep 10 Nobs optimized for killing Space Marines (I call them Beakie Bashers) and my brother plays Dark Angels.

Last edited:

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
Yeah, I like the DS kultur, especially on characters and units that trade quantity of shots for quality of shots, like Deffkoptas armed with rokkits, which are probably my favorite Ork units of all.

Still have to paint my AdMechs. Not sure if I want to go with a canon color scheme (would fit with how they're being played, but then again I could change that at a whim). Also picked up a box of Daemonettes, might just use them for parts/paint testing. Got a strong idea for the future Sisters I wanna paint though. Since they come from an Ocean World, either make them black and pearl(escent) or with colors from conch shells.

Imperialist #348

Your Friendly Hell-forged postman.

now ill need to check DA fluff but getting this level of cool is definitely an aim.

Autisimodo

On break.
what with them being the og traitors, do thet get any bonuses or buffs with demons or cultists?

I don't own either 8th edition CSM codex but this article does contain some Word Bearer fluff related to the Shadowspear minis/Vigilus Ablaze and the new Dark Apostle.

I remember the Alpha Legion update containing some buffs for Cultists. But I think Word Bearers will still be as underwhelming as they've always been.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan

Remove furry

XPQbww6M6c0.jpg
I have Skaven, Seraphon and a smattering of Brayherd, they are all too ugly for furry bullshit, and that's what makes them cool.