Warhammer 40k -

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
New Chaos sculpts look great but the basic troop choice had a $20USD price jump and cultists lost access to chaos boons making them somehow even worse than Chapter Approved did. New Codex is definitely better but still somewhat underwhelming and my precious bike characters remain left behind in the indexes. Renegades essentially remain a left behind index army even with the glimmer of hope Blackstone Fortress gave me with the Traitor Guardsmen models. We're supposed to be the BBEG of 40k and yet we're constantly given far less than loyalist scum and don't even get most of our pre-heresy toys.
It's all so tiresome sometimes.

Second Missing Primarch

Rangdan Xenocides 860-930.M31: Never Forget
True & Honest Fan
Yeah I was hyped to start a Black Legion warband until I saw that CSM went from $68 to around $100 (AUD)

New Sculpts look badass and I dig the new Daemon Engines, but in the end I can't afford it so I'm just gonna plan for a Guard/S.O.B army. Been planning on building Savlar Chem Dogs for a few months.

You should post pics when you've made some progress. I like seeing how people's kitbashed/conversion armies turn out.

Been getting the hang of weathering some Leman's lately. Got hairspray chipping down, but grimy streaks was another issue. Finally gave up on using super thin layers of wash (took forever) and decided to get some cheap Walmart oil paints and brushes. It's showing a lot more promise :biggrin:

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
Another crappy Warhammer article by the usual suspects, this time Kotaku. It is basically the same bad article I've read a thousand times before, replete with indicators that the author is only pretending to be involved in the hobby. It begins with a bad Brexit joke, and ends with the typical demand for an estrogen infusion. I'm pretty sure these two points were the only things the author legitimately felt passionate about, because the meat of the article was a flat retelling of Age of Sigmar's troubled origins and Tom Kirby's mistakes.

It's sad the NPC meme is growing old because it's so incredibly apt. They really do all sound alike, especially when writing about Warhammer, apparently.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
Another crappy Warhammer article by the usual suspects, this time Kotaku. It is basically the same bad article I've read a thousand times before, replete with indicators that the author is only pretending to be involved in the hobby. It begins with a bad Brexit joke, and ends with the typical demand for an estrogen infusion. I'm pretty sure these two points were the only things the author legitimately felt passionate about, because the meat of the article was a flat retelling of Age of Sigmar's troubled origins and Tom Kirby's mistakes.

It's sad the NPC meme is growing old because it's so incredibly apt. They really do all sound alike, especially when writing about Warhammer, apparently.

Can you link the article? I can't find it on Kotaku. Scrolling, searching the "Warhammer" tag and Google brings up nothing.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
Sure. It was actually Kotaku's Aussie branch.

Bullshit ahoy.
Huh. Well tbh, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Boring af, yes. Also kind of rambling and pointless. I'm not sure what the author is trying to say other than, "Here's a vague overview of what's going on with Age of Sigmar?". I kind of expected a lot more virtue signalling tbh. A vague reference to the community of players being welcoming or not is fair tbh. If you want to start playing, you'll go to your local shop and the denizens of your local shop may vary so your experience with the game may vary along with it. Some are more welcoming to newcomers than others. The shop I call "home" has a small group that's very open and helpful, but I also play at other shops from time to time and I've played people I will never play again. Idk, it didn't get me very worked up.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
Huh. Well tbh, it wasn't as bad as I expected. Boring af, yes. Also kind of rambling and pointless. I'm not sure what the author is trying to say other than, "Here's a vague overview of what's going on with Age of Sigmar?". I kind of expected a lot more virtue signalling tbh. A vague reference to the community of players being welcoming or not is fair tbh. If you want to start playing, you'll go to your local shop and the denizens of your local shop may vary so your experience with the game may vary along with it. Some are more welcoming to newcomers than others. The shop I call "home" has a small group that's very open and helpful, but I also play at other shops from time to time and I've played people I will never play again. Idk, it didn't get me very worked up.

You can't get worked up about something you've already read a thousand times before. Every tech site has passed around similar articles. This one did save its references to current year until the end, which displays a startling capacity for delayed gratification. Notice that the author didn't seem to know that Night Goblins existed before Gloomspite Gitz.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
You can't get worked up about something you've already read a thousand times before. Every tech site has passed around similar articles. This one did save its references to current year until the end, which displays a startling capacity for delayed gratification. Notice that the author didn't seem to know that Night Goblins existed before Gloomspite Gitz.
Well sure, it was a boring article probably written by someone who was given the task rather than a "true fan" or whatever but tbh, that wasn't your complaint. You said specifically that they called for an "estrogen infusion" but the author did not mention women at all anywhere in this article so I'm not sure what the issue is here. I guess I don't care if someone knows about night goblins or whatever. Some are painters, some are gamers, some love the lore, and others more than one of these things. Ppl get what they want out of it and if they have fun, I guess I don't care?

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
Well sure, it was a boring article probably written by someone who was given the task rather than a "true fan" or whatever but tbh, that wasn't your complaint. You said specifically that they called for an "estrogen infusion" but the author did not mention women at all anywhere in this article so I'm not sure what the issue is here. I guess I don't care if someone knows about night goblins or whatever. Some are painters, some are gamers, some love the lore, and others more than one of these things. Ppl get what they want out of it and if they have fun, I guess I don't care?

Did you read it? The article called the lack of female models indefensible.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
Did you read it? The article called the lack of female models indefensible.
I literally read the article twice. So if it's there, I'm not reading it a third time to be sure so I'll just take your word for it that it was thrown in in passing and say that you must have been looking for it. That fucking article was so boring. But seriously, unless an article is one of those clearly bullshit SJW drum banging ones, some people get exceptionally bent out of shape over the mere suggestion of women being involved in this hobby. But there are tons of female models already anyway and I know a guy who let his girlfriend paint half his ork boys in pastel sparkles so idk... personally, I really like that the hobby is growing and I will never understand the gatekeeping. It gave GW the resources to make all these awesome new models they've been putting out this past year and updating old ones to plastic.

Like, SJWs are speds, but so are those that kneejerk flip out at any suggestion of change or new people in the hobby.