Warhammer+ - Pay $6.00 a month for exclusive fan content, exclusive Youtubers playing tabletop & the Ultrasmurfs movie

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still say GW should have sweetened the deal and included access to the audiobook library as part of the subscription.
Given how the audiobooks range from $7.00 to $21.00 on Audible, this would have been enticing for people to buy a subscription and fill out the available services on the app (as awesome as some of the animations are, there's only so few of them and not enough to keep people engaged).
Now that you're saying that... I think I heard rumors that there was some access to books involved in this Warhammer+ thing as well. Maybe you need to pay extra (or should I say: you buy a bundle package that costs less than both prices combined).

I liked Chapter Master Valraks take on the situation.
Mini's and mini support as a business model is very much in danger due to 3d printing.

Black Library is very likely either self sustaining or near enough, with people willing to shell out for the books and audiobooks.

Their entire business model, at some point, is going to be become '40k media company'.
Thats why it's important, not just to have eyes on the product, but people needing to pay to have their eyes on the product.

40k is going mainstream, the mainstream audience doesn't give a shit about models, they are preparing to sell their IP as essentially their primary product.

In that mindset, controlling the first impression of someone who searches for 'warhammer 40k' is very important, and they have very intelligently selected the Astartes animation.
They are trying to be the new Marvel, not a bad idea given how much money it makes.

Let's just hope we'll get some decent popcorn cinema out of it, could be worse...
Also there better be lewd Adeptus Sororitas yuri smut involved somewhere at some point.

The Orks winning would be better since they're dumb fucks who can be steered into more Tyranid hordes, but Tyranids winning just means everybody dies.
With no direct outside threat, Orks might at least start picking fights amongst themselves to see who's the WAAAAGHest. In the end, you'd have one massively powerful Ork megaboss... damn... I now imagine history repeating and then there's some Ork Megaboss on a throne of skulls with a giant bajonetted assault-rifle sticking out of his chest in a grim parody of the Emperor of Man on his golden throne.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
The Orks winning would be better since they're dumb fucks who can be steered into more Tyranid hordes, but Tyranids winning just means everybody dies.

Pretty sure that if it weren't for the Shadow in the Warp that Khorne would be dumping his gifts on both sides.

The Blood Angels were nearly wiped out over a Tyranid incursion, and all their successor chapters got mulched. To my recollection, only Dante and Mephiston are left, because they were both literally the best & they both nearly succumbed to Black Rage.

This was on some shitty, irradiated desert planet that holds no value whatsoever save for being the place where Sanguinius lived, so there was hardly anything there for the 'nids to upgrade their genes on.
The Tyrranids are absolutely the worst thing about 40k lore. It's a ridiculously Invincible enemy that only exist when the writers remember them, but the worse thing is that they are just boring. The Orks at least have individual personalities and fun lore.

They also don't make sense to why the chaos gods don't lose their shit over them considering that the Tyrranids becoming dominant is one of the few ways for the gods to be wiped out.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
The Blood Angels were nearly wiped out over a Tyranid incursion, and all their successor chapters got mulched.
The Lamenters are/were MIA for a while* and the only Blood Angel's successor chapter to not come to help and get mulched by the kids.
*All of the Blood Angels and successor chapters forgot the Lamenters was the one BA chapter to be almost immune of Black Rage and Red Thrist and they never bother to aquire as to how TF that happened.
Well until the Lamenters chapter is almost gone and the survivors MIA and presumed lost, probably eaten.

RomanesEuntDomus

Kiwifarms hauseigener Quotennager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Tyrranids are absolutely the worst thing about 40k lore. It's a ridiculously Invincible enemy that only exist when the writers remember them, but the worse thing is that they are just boring. The Orks at least have individual personalities and fun lore.
I guess it's WH40k's version of the Xenomorph... it's not a terrible idea, it's just comparably bland when you consider there's space elves and plague demons all over the rest of the setting.
An unstoppable force of all-consuming abominations does have a lot of appeal tbh, even in a setting like 40k, but if it only ever rears its ugly head whenever convenient for an author, it quickly becomes boring. Though, admittedly, it is hard to make something like that believable and balanced, while still being a credible threat.

The Demon Baby

Where's my fucking child support, dad?
kiwifarms.net
Their shitty Warhammer app costs about $5/month, but access to the app is included with Warhammer+, so if they fix the app and make it work properly, it might be worth it, as you'd basically be getting all the other content plus the free limited edition model for an extra dollar per month.

They need to fix the app though, or all of it is pointless. Warhammer+ isn't worth it for the video content alone. But the app was supposed to have a lot of gaming tools and up-to-date army lists (which haven't exactly materialized yet).

This is going to be a wait and see situation for me. If they fix the Warhammer app, I'll consider it.

Pentex

kiwifarms.net
Was going to post this in the Warhammer 40k thread, but this seems like a better place.

Do you like listening to lore autists on YT while you wash dishes/paint your minis/jack off? Well that shit's about to be done for.
1626911354583.png

1626911529756.png

It's going to be such a joy to watch OneMindSyndicate, Majorkill, Arch, and Sotek get bent over and fucked hard.

I might miss Luetin09 though.

The Demon Baby

kiwifarms.net
It's going to be such a joy to watch OneMindSyndicate, Majorkill, Arch, and Sotek get bent over and fucked hard.

They're most likely going to hire Leutin, and maybe Gersh One (but not the Sound Alchemist). The rest will be killed on sight.

Newman's Lovechild

He's gonna find out who's kicking or licking
kiwifarms.net
I laughed when Warseer died, because I'm that petty.

I guess it's WH40k's version of the Xenomorph... it's not a terrible idea, it's just comparably bland when you consider there's space elves and plague demons all over the rest of the setting.
An unstoppable force of all-consuming abominations does have a lot of appeal tbh, even in a setting like 40k, but if it only ever rears its ugly head whenever convenient for an author, it quickly becomes boring. Though, admittedly, it is hard to make something like that believable and balanced, while still being a credible threat.

Tyranids are the most sci-fi part of a fantasy-in-spaaace setting, or were, until the Tau came along. Otherwise they fit right into the situation where every other faction is poised to finally overrun the galaxy and wipe out the humans and eloi elalamein aeldari.

Presented by experts

:story:

It must take a lot of book-larnin' to read out of a codex. They would also have to learn from youtuber mistakes and have a voice like buttery honey... and I still wouldn't be interested.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Just about every faction disappears into the background until the author remembers it exists, though at least it's justified by being set over an entire galaxy.
The problem with Tyrranids is that when you have a book with them, you basically have only a single faction with personality and it just devolves into inner faction politicking.

The Demon Baby

kiwifarms.net
The problem with Tyrranids is that when you have a book with them, you basically have only a single faction with personality and it just devolves into inner faction politicking.
That's not true. You're forgetting about the genestealer cults. They are tyranids too.
One of the more interesting books I've read is Deathwatch: Shadowbreaker. The genestealers team up with the Tau, and there are some very interesting interactions between the two groups. Lots of personality there.

Crazedking

kiwifarms.net
Was going to post this in the Warhammer 40k thread, but this seems like a better place.

Do you like listening to lore autists on YT while you wash dishes/paint your minis/jack off? Well that shit's about to be done for.
View attachment 2368577
View attachment 2368582

bro, they better not touch luetin ffs. Ive fallen asleep to his voice and worked chores all over the house with him in my ears as companion.

Also apparently GW is now trying to fuck over Total war warhammer modders. Demonitize or get fucked. fuck i hate games workshops.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
GW been shit since at least 1990 and boggles the mind why anyone think GW would change. Considering them and their primary shareholders give absolutely zero fucks about their masochistic pewter, plastic, finecast, snorting addicted player base who will always come back to buy their next daily fix.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also apparently GW is now trying to fuck over Total war warhammer modders. Demonitize or get fucked. fuck i hate games workshops.
First the animators, then the lore commentators, now the game modders. Do they just hate money?

I want nothing to do with Warhammer anymore.
GW No Fun Allowed.png

Last edited:

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
I stopped giving a shit about the setting because they've been crying wolf for decades in real time, and 10K years in lore time.

"Oh, mankind is screwed, there's an endless horde of orcs/man-eating xenomorphs/machines/demons rising up to kill us all!"

And yet the setting stays static for decades, with changes being minor at best.

You can only hold the sword of Damocles over someone's head for so long before they get bored of it and just wait for death.

As for Warhammer plus, they should have just put that slop on Netflix or Disney Plus, so they can mooch off either platform for a share of the spoils. Netflix and Disney plus get more subscribers, and GW is already working with Disney with that whole Marvel/40K comic thing. The "faithful" fans of GW that will spend money on this slop ain't as numerous as say, Netflix or HBO subscribers, or Disney Plus subscribers.

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak!
kiwifarms.net

They also don't make sense to why the chaos gods don't lose their shit over them considering that the Tyrranids becoming dominant is one of the few ways for the gods to be wiped out.
Tyranids >>>>> Chaos

I don't want another Age of Shitmar thank you.

White Devil

Well I may be a monster, but you're gay.
kiwifarms.net
Has there been any news of Eisenhorn or did it get shit canned?