Was popular music the first thing SJWs took over? -

I'm not quite sure the music industry is far too cynical to really know for sure.

Take the Spice Girls, probably one of the most blatant examples of a corporate formulaic music act, they had a team of dudes making the music and writing fairly inoffensive girl power lyrics and a big push on radio/tv. Instant success millions of records sold, number ones around the globe.

Now did they do it because there was an audience for it and they knew they could make back millions on their investment, or was it a genuine attempt to push a feminist message?

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net
Again, these aren't new ideas. It isn't new culture. You can find those same ideas in 70s talks and such. Look it up. The only thing that's new is that they actually do dominate the media landscape and aren't just advocating to do so. I'm probably putting it late at 1970s to be honest, but it's always hard to tell on the gradient where exactly the start is.

You can also find everything related to it, including things like free love, strong wahman, men are the problem, safe spaces (safe spaces have the root in creating spaces where people would voice their racism, sexism etc, because people were so polite they wouldn't speak them out loud, and therefor, people couldn't point to the sexism and racism, so to unearth it, the concept of safe spaces was created by psychologist Kurt Lewin, who also first used the word "feedback" outside of factory/mechanical context) , and a number of other things SJW's hold dear.

The biggest change is that back then they were fighting for the right to have gay bars and such, and now it's about marginalization of straight people. But even the goal to marginalize straight people was verbalized and put to paper back then.

The first two things that were taken over were university language departments and women's shelters, long before the takeover of pop culture.
Good answer.

The movement for "social justice" really kicked off in American Universities in the 60s and 70s. Social Justice was a Trojan horse used by the USSR to slowly (over generations) move Americans away from critical thinking skills and push them into fields that would occupy their time with effectively idle work that simultaneously would begin leeching out into other sectors through intersectionality and start splitting people apart.

Pop music and the like are only recent casualties of this plot, which has extended out from the university system (after about two generations) by placing its indoctrinated agents into positions of power in the media and more recently into politics. Social media was an unexpected boon to this plot, which has given it a new life and the ability to spread farther and faster than anyone could have expected. And because a lot of online social media culture is effectively Keeping up with the Joneses, a lot of individuals unwittingly play into the movement and allow themselves to be taken hostage by it.

Time for me to be a broken record; I've got a Bezmenov for this:
Watch the whole thing, you might be surprised.

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good answer.

The movement for "social justice" really kicked off in American Universities in the 60s and 70s. Social Justice was a Trojan horse used by the USSR to slowly (over generations) move Americans away from critical thinking skills and push them into fields that would occupy their time with effectively idle work that simultaneously would begin leeching out into other sectors through intersectionality and start splitting people apart.

Pop music and the like are only recent casualties of this plot, which has extended out from the university system (after about two generations) by placing its indoctrinated agents into positions of power in the media and more recently into politics. Social media was an unexpected boon to this plot, which has given it a new life and the ability to spread farther and faster than anyone could have expected. And because a lot of online social media culture is effectively Keeping up with the Joneses, a lot of individuals unwittingly play into the movement and allow themselves to be taken hostage by it.

Time for me to be a broken record; I've got a Bezmenov for this:
Watch the whole thing, you might be surprised.
I don't take Bezmenov at face value. Like Snowden, once his destiny was tied to the country he fled to, you know he would say whatever his host wanted to hear. There aren't many who keep spreading truth once they realise they're running out of countries to flee to.

I think he exaggerates the claims on the one hand and that it falsely places responsibility on USSR infiltration. I think that probably did happen, but there was far more of it coming from US citizens itself than it came from spies.

I've talked with high school teachers that talked with stars in their eyes about their cultural trip to cambodia and when I do the math when they were there it was during the killing fields. You don't have to be a USSR spy to be a communist. You see similar things in various countries, like spanish civil war or south african anti-apartheid. There is a USSR hand of influence, but it is not necessarily the strongest force. It's often more the case of them arming people with info or guns to rebel, the way that the US recently helped the ukraine revolution that led to the Russian countermove to take Crimea.

It's not that the US wanted nazi's to rule Ukraine, they wanted Ukraine to be ruled by someone indebted to them.

The US and CIA had it's own modernist/postmodernist plots to get people to stop being such independant thinkers. It's wholly in their interest to both push the anti-intellectual philosophies AND blame a foreign nation for it.

Too Many Catgirls

are trained to kill
kiwifarms.net
I think he exaggerates the claims on the one hand and that it falsely places responsibility on USSR infiltration. I think that probably did happen, but there was far more of it coming from US citizens itself than it came from spies.
That's exactly what Bezmenov says. The point wasn't to fill the United States with spies. The point was to infect Americans with these terrible ideas and over time let the Americans do the work of the Soviets for them. And that's exactly what they did. To grab the fist of your enemy as he attempts to punch you and follow through with their own momentum in order to inflict pain. That is the core of subversion. They used the premise of freedom and equality as a means of twisting the minds of a generation and from there those people educated the next generation with an incorrect ideology that favored the eventual demise of American/Western values.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

DrunkNDoziNDragN

Dragon for hire. Accepts: Gold, Booze, Mutton.
kiwifarms.net
Damn this is a deep thunk thread if there ever was one but I'll toss in my gold piece to say that the first type of mass media that was subverted by agenda pushers was fine art. High brow gallery art. The very methods that modern SJW use to promote their ideas were inspired by counter cultural art performances or pieces. It's why say, SJWs draw themselves or their characters as even uglier than they really are as a way to subvert expectation immediately. Fine art is demonstrative and is about making a scene that people cant look away from. It's in it's best interest to be obnoxious and aggressive in its promotion. Shock value creates attention, attention opens up ears and with those canals open, subversion can occur. With pop music, look at the 90s, there was still popular hard rock and speed metal on the big radio stations. They fucking played industrial metal like Ramstein right after the just played Vengaboys. Music like that and as you mentioned, angsty or angry music like say Avenged Sevenfold or My Chemical Romance were the foot in the door for angry disgruntled youth of today to express their displeasure. Now that trying to ape the culture of others (namely blacks but now also increasingly Asians, look at k-pop) instead of focusing on white middle class angst is having people crave anti-establishment messages but that come from a more "diverse" aka non-white male starting point. So you get things like reggae or rap inspired songs about row row fight da power instead of a twiggy white kid yelling.

Now my opinion on what the MODERN socjus crowd and that crowd alone, the milennial techno hippies, subverted first was early social media. Websites like Myspace, Livejournal, Nexopia and eventually Reddit and Tumblr. Remember that those last two were not exclusively left leaning until as you said, around 2007-2010 ish. Dont forget that while words like LGBT and transgender may not have been invented on tumblr, it's where they breached into mainstream discussion. Now any new social media websites are either full lefty right from the get go or are right wing leaning specifically because they were chased off of their first base and then they establish their own in protest (Bitchute, etc).

You want to trace a line to where the distinctly modern, technology and identity obsessed SJW became solidified, look to where they first gathered to discuss their points of view: early social media websites.

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's exactly what Bezmenov says. The point wasn't to fill the United States with spies. The point was to infect Americans with these terrible ideas and over time let the Americans do the work of the Soviets for them. And that's exactly what they did. To grab the fist of your enemy as he attempts to punch you and follow through with their own momentum in order to inflict pain. That is the core of subversion. They used the premise of freedom and equality as a means of twisting the minds of a generation and from there those people educated the next generation with an incorrect ideology that favored the eventual demise of American/Western values.
I mean there was far more coming of it by adults than just college kids.

Damn this is a deep thunk thread if there ever was one but I'll toss in my gold piece to say that the first type of mass media that was subverted by agenda pushers was fine art
Exactly, and the CIA ended up admitting this was them, pushing the likes of Jackson Pollock.

As for your comment on the vengaboys, I'd say the vengaboys is just another flavor of obnoxiousness. The whole sjw thing appeals to both the prudish that want beach body ready ads gone and the sexual deviants that want to moonlight prostitution and do public sexual bondage and the like.

Uh, no.

This shit has been around, at it's earliest, around 2004.

Also no, I don't think it was music, I think it was video games. Actually, no, I take that back, the first thing to go was higher education.
Videogames was one of the last things it hit. There was atheism, occupy, science fiction before. And the higher education thing didn't start recently. What do you think got taught at women's studies in the 80's?

dinoman

Pants are an illusion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Videogames was one of the last things it hit. There was atheism, occupy, science fiction before. And the higher education thing didn't start recently. What do you think got taught at women's studies in the 80's?
Ahhh, yes, of course. I remember the atheism thing. I also remember Occupy. That was back when stephen colbert was actually funny, he made a rather hilarious bit on it at the time.

Maybe I'm just too young but it seems to me that colleges were always infested with sjw liberal cunts.

That was when I first started to notice them, anyway.

Tags
None