Was Storming the Capitol Hill Justified? -

Was Storming the Capitol Hill Justified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glowie disclaimer: My thread doesn't intend to exacerbate the current political tensions in the United States of America nor does it condone violence against elected officials, civilians or any state authorities. Its only aim is to understand how people think and feel about the aforementioned question through a (hopefully) civil discourse.

While the recent actions of pro-Trump supporters were met with great indignation both nationally and abroad, from politicians and media moguls to the military and ordinary civilians alike, it cannot be denied that not everyone subscribes to this notion. A sizeable segment of Republicans and MAGA-crowds support it. Some political fringes praised it (be it of Marxist or Fascist persuasions.) Others expressed concerns that the violence of this so-called sedition is vilified while BLM-inspired rioting is glorified (some say the comparison is disingenuous with arguments like "burning a Walmart store is not the same as assaulting the seat of Government.") Whilst others now fear that this incident will lead to the curtailment of freedoms in the name of national security. Then some people are simply uncertain of where they stand and believe that everyone involved is seriously autistic.

The TL;DR is that opinions are all over the place and, considering the growing polarization of American politics + Cancel Culture, there little room for civil discourse (just look at TDS and TES lol.) I would like this thread to be different, not a hugbox but a place for laughs and open discourse. Now personally I think Trump is a flaming faggot. What do your think?

Last edited:

Meat Target

I survive on caffeine and anger
I will say this:

While people languished in quarantine and out of work, Nancy Pelosi smugly ate gourmet ice cream and disobeyed lockdowns for hair appointments.

Don't expect me to feel sorry for her when her office and candy stash got culturally enriched.

Edit: OP joined on New Year's Day. So I don't believe your non-Glowie disclaimer, but I also acknowledge that you're probably just taking a survey, and don't have any orders to nab someone.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
Violence is bad. I'm not going to condone violence on the right when I condemn violence on the left.

That being said, it's amazing how we had to hear six months of "mostly peaceful" and "93% peaceful" protests as there were literally burning buildings in the background, yet when these dipshits entered the Capitol building, somehow all 74 million Americans that voted for Trump were personally responsible for it.

Amazing how that works, isn't it?

Meat Target

I survive on caffeine and anger
Violence is bad. I'm not going to condone violence on the right when I condemn violence on the left.

That being said, it's amazing how we had to hear six months of "mostly peaceful" and "93% peaceful" protests as there were literally burning buildings in the background, yet when these dipshits entered the Capitol building, somehow all 74 million Americans that voted for Trump were personally responsible for it.

Amazing how that works, isn't it?
If anything, it should elucidate the futility of calling out liberal hypocrisy. They don't care. Hypocrisy is not a sin to them.

As much as they punish people for insufficient orthodoxy, they're more than willing to throw those concerns to the wind if it means they'll gain more power.

Then again, it's not like we're trying to convert them to begin with. They're already dyed in the wool. If anything, hypocrisy call-outs are meant to woo any fence-sitters remaining.