Was Storming the Capitol Hill Justified? -

Was Storming the Capitol Hill Justified?

• No, it was an act of sedition that undermined America's democracy and the rule of law.

• No, such violence is never morally justified.

• No, because they stormed it for the wrong reasons (QAnon etc.)

• Other/Unsure.

• Yes, but they stormed it for the wrong reasons (Growing divide between the ultra-rich and poor etc.)

• Yes, "A tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

• Yes, they stormed the Capitol with legitimate concerns regarding a potential election fraud in 2020.

• OP is a faggot.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
If anything, it should elucidate the futility of calling out liberal hypocrisy. They don't care. Hypocrisy is not a sin to them.

As much as they punish people for insufficient orthodoxy, they're more than willing to throw those concerns to the wind if it means they'll gain more power.

Then again, it's not like we're trying to convert them to begin with. They're already dyed in the wool. If anything, hypocrisy call-outs are meant to woo any fence-sitters remaining.
They've already proven that they won't allow people back on their side.

I bring this up a lot because it's funny. Remember when "alt-right hate bigot" Joe Rogan endorsed Bernie Sanders? Instead of celebrating how big a win this was for progressives that this huge influencer switched to their side, AOC literally retracted HER OWN endorsement of Bernie saying that she couldn't do it if Rogan did it.

There is no path to unity or forgiveness for these people.

DeadFish

Who's awesome? You are!
This is begging for fed posting.

It doesnt matter if it was morally justified or not.

What matters is America and its various sub groups that its comprised of have decided to stop being neighborly and have declared (via word or deed) war on each other.

What happened in the capital was a result of one subgroup coming to the realization (regardless if this realization was true or not) everyone else wants to do them harm. This group didnt start the fire but they dont want to be consumed by it.

From here on out chaos and disentgration.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
If anything, it should elucidate the futility of calling out liberal hypocrisy. They don't care. Hypocrisy is not a sin to them.

As much as they punish people for insufficient orthodoxy, they're more than willing to throw those concerns to the wind if it means they'll gain more power.

Then again, it's not like we're trying to convert them to begin with. They're already dyed in the wool. If anything, hypocrisy call-outs are meant to woo any fence-sitters remaining.
Pointing out lib hypocrisy has never stopped it because when you’re in power you can be as inconsistent as you want. “Libs banned guns and yet they’re shooting me in the head with one. Erm, hypocritical much?”

Last edited:
Burn Loot and Murder burned and loots throughout American, did their shit elsewhere too, and all this hypocritical whinging over some people wandering into a few rooms in some old building which they shouldn't have.

The Last Stand

I'm thankful that ladies like Joan existed.
True & Honest Fan
I'll say this, storming the capitol for a day after 60 years of entropy, was probably much more deserved than say, blacks looting Footlockers and burning cities down for 9 months straight after a 4-inch BBC gang-banger OD'd on camera.
I fully condemn both actions.

However, this further proves that "might is right" doesn't always work.

That coup was poorly executed. They stormed the Capitol, took photos unmasked, caused a mess, shouted conspiracy and then left.

All they did was speed up Trump's infamy.

What I don't like is the revisionist history comparing this to BLM. Nobody talks about the constant rioting done in several cities because of BLM, yet the defense I hear is "if they were Black. They would've been shot."

Justified? I don't know. And I'd rather not say because of controversy.

Violence is bad. I'm not going to condone violence on the right when I condemn violence on the left.

That being said, it's amazing how we had to hear six months of "mostly peaceful" and "93% peaceful" protests as there were literally burning buildings in the background, yet when these dipshits entered the Capitol building, somehow all 74 million Americans that voted for Trump were personally responsible for it.

Amazing how that works, isn't it?

Exactly how I feel.

It wasn't right. I don't approve of it. The optics of it were really bad and gave the chucklefucks in the media EXACTLY what they wanted. The people that participated in it were fucking dumbasses that deserve to be incarcerated for what they did.

BUT, the amount of gaslighting we've been seeing this last week has been off the charts. There are people I know personally that defended all the riots of 2020 who are now, no joke, afraid to go outside out of fear of right wing mobs destroying them. One of them even started calling people to find out who among his friends attended the riot (BTW, the answer was zero).

Its one of those things where I feel like I'm going insane because for most of last year, I had these people outright defend mass destruction and harm towards normal citizens and business owners. "Look, you need to understand..." and "They are right to do it" and Cuomo's famous "Show me where it says protests have to be polite and peaceful" (1st Amendment, dickhead). But now when the other side does it...."OH MY GOD!!!! THEY'RE GOING TO KILL US!!!". There was literally a book published titled "In Defense of Looting" for Christ's sake. Its amazing to me how they can just get away with this hypocrisy and also completely divorce last year's riots from what happened last week. Meanwhile, I was sitting here the whole time going "These riots aren't good and all you are doing is giving the people you don't like free range to be violent right back to you" and lo and behold, I was right, and they are all stunned.

And the whole "If they were black, they'd have been shot" is ridiculous because A) Some of them were black and weren't shot and B) The Rioters were allowed to do whatever the fuck they wanted for 6 months and even if they got arrested, they were released almost immediately afterwards. Its such an inaccurate view of what happened that its baffling to me.

Last edited:

talk sh1t

Was the NPC all along
And the whole "If they were black, they'd have been shot" is ridiculous because A) Some of them were black and weren't shot
Is that true though? I haven't seen a single black person in any photo of the storming (not talking about the protest outside).
EDIT - not that I've spent much time looking at pics from the storming, just saying I haven't noticed any black people in the few pics I saw.

Zero Day Defense

Forces of evil in a Bozo nightmare
However, this further proves that "might is right" doesn't always work.
Actually, it demonstrates the inverse of that assertion: no might makes wrong.

These people didn't know what they were doing, which is why even now I'm hesitant to call this anything resembling a coup. They were rowdy, they were threatening, but... four of them died? One cop died? They were herded out in orderly fashion and just allowed to leave? They didn't even insist on staying?

If you wanted to call this a coup, these people needed to be mowed down by the NGs, but they weren't, because it wasn't a coup, because these people had no might and didn't even have the spirit to give form to whatever vague notions were swimming in their heads.

These people were against corrupt government and destructive liberal ideology, so they called "terrorists". BLM, Anitifa and likewise minded folks were against American history, private businesses, police and majority of white people, so they called "peaceful".

Capitol coup may be justified, maybe not. But it really shows how fucked up the whole situation is and how liberals trying to make it much worse. Well, at least the story wasn't without good memes as always and that's something.

Is that true though? I haven't seen a single black person in any photo of the storming (not talking about the protest outside).
EDIT - not that I've spent much time looking at pics from the storming, just saying I haven't noticed any black people in the few pics I saw.

I can't find the picture so if somebody else knows where to snag it, please do, but there was one photo of the Viking Man in the main hall posing, and there was a black guy also there in the hall sitting somewhere up front and taking selfies.

The protestors were dumbasses but there was nothing there that should have meant someone's life should be destroyed. One rowdy crowd going through the Congress building with relatively minimal damage is not justification to utterly destroy their lives and means of living, especially with the summer prior held in context and the numerous other acts of civil disobedience and other acts of rebellion we've had in this country. They should be pardoned and left with a warning for next time.

Pentex

You're Ridin' With Biden...STRAIGHT TO HELL!
I'm having a hard time believing that this isn't you, OP.
Feel the Glow.jpg

some say the comparison is disingenuous with arguments like "burning a Walmart store is not the same as assaulting the seat of Government."
One provides useful, albeit poorly made, goods and services to the community. The other is made up of "people" who work less than half of the year for nearly $200,000.

I would worse off if the local Wally World shut down for a month than if Buffalo Man turned the Capitol into an Autonomous Zone for a month.

Duke Nukem

Leader of the Anti-Chad Extermination Squad
I'm having a hard time believing that this isn't you, OP.
View attachment 1847771

One provides useful, albeit poorly made, goods and services to the community. The other is made up of "people" who work less than half of the year for nearly $200,000.

I would worse off if the local Wally World shut down for a month than if Buffalo Man turned the Capitol into an Autonomous Zone for a month.
Plus the Capitol doesn't have a speaker aisle where one can play Ram Ranch at random passersby. I don't even like Walmart and I'd rather have them around than the fucking Capitol.

Steely Dan

Who wants to party
I don't believe violence should ever be used unless it's the absolute last resort when things are really falling apart. There are ways of doing civil disobedience that can make a difference, it's just that they've been squashed or people don't know about them. Null mentioned this in a stream, but if like 30 million people just stopped paying taxes, that would get the government to pay attention. A general strike would get the government to pay attention, especially if it were industries that are vital to the economy, such as shipping and trucking.
Unfortunately, neither of these will probably happen because of how crippled unions have become over the last 50 years, and there's not really a solidarity among workers. (Which is 100% done by design) This whole divide and conquer race-baiting bullshit with people snitching on magatards storming the capital because "they're the bad guys" is really disheartening that people buy into that bullshit.
This sounds like commie talk; but I do like capitalism. It just needs to be reigned in with some form of balances and leverage, and unions provide that. Yes they have a shady history of being mobbed up, but sometimes you need a lesser evil to fight a greater evil.

Point being, things can still be done peacefully, and effectively. Whether they will remains to be seen.

Orion Balls Deux

Macho Mochi Man!
They didn't bring enough guns. So it was a bunch idiots storming the castle to do what? Steal some mail, a podium, shit on the floor, and leave? Honestly kind of weak if they were seriously thinking of taking over. I mean, what would anyone truly have done had they cornered the VP or Pelosi?