Was Storming the Capitol Hill Justified? -

Was Storming the Capitol Hill Justified?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeadFish

Who's awesome? You are!
I don't believe violence should ever be used unless it's the absolute last resort when things are really falling apart. There are ways of doing civil disobedience that can make a difference, it's just that they've been squashed or people don't know about them. Null mentioned this in a stream, but if like 30 million people just stopped paying taxes, that would get the government to pay attention. A general strike would get the government to pay attention, especially if it were industries that are vital to the economy, such as shipping and trucking.
Unfortunately, neither of these will probably happen because of how crippled unions have become over the last 50 years, and there's not really a solidarity among workers. (Which is 100% done by design) This whole divide and conquer race-baiting bullshit with people snitching on magatards storming the capital because "they're the bad guys" is really disheartening that people buy into that bullshit.
This sounds like commie talk; but I do like capitalism. It just needs to be reigned in with some form of balances and leverage, and unions provide that. Yes they have a shady history of being mobbed up, but sometimes you need a lesser evil to fight a greater evil.

Point being, things can still be done peacefully, and effectively. Whether they will remains to be seen.
How do you propose stop paying taxes when the tax man takes it out of my pay check even before I get it?
Sales tax?
You get the point.

My advice is make an informed decision and accept the outcome of that desicion. If you wish to leave America for africa then go do that. If you decide to soak up the resources of the state via civil disobedience then do that.
If you just wait then accept the outcome for that too.

I say if everyone just quit working and paying their bills then youd see a ruckus.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
shit going to hell with some goofball wearing viking gear posing in the seat of the USA's legislature and a bunch of congresswamps crapping themselves while being photographed >>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit going to hell
I basically expected the complete meltdown of the republic but the idea that Baked Alaska and somebody shitting on Pelosi's desk is involved makes it a lot more palatable.

On one hand I want to say how i really feel, but on hte other hand Sigseg got vanned by the FBI.

shit going to hell with some goofball wearing viking gear posing in the seat of the USA's legislature and a bunch of congresswamps crapping themselves while being photographed >>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit going to hell
I basically expected the complete meltdown of the republic but the idea that Baked Alaska and somebody shitting on Pelosi's desk is involved makes it a lot more palatable.

Sioux gear. Even more based and thoroughly American.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
Here's what got me...the congress, who fancies themselves masters of the American people, got under their desks and hid like whipped bitches when the American people came calling. The congress of the United States was publicly cucked. The emperor has no clothes.

If congress was truly made up of public servants, you would think at least some members would suggest some protesters come in and speak their piece, air their grievances. You would think at least one member would have at least offered to go out and talk with their fellow Americans. Far as I know that didn't happen. The mighty congress, who fucks over the American people with abandon and enjoys it, hid like the bullies they are when their fellow Americans came calling.

Now these bullies are screaming for blood. They've impeached President Trump again, some demonstrators have been arrested. We've got to see Big Tech deplatform Americans. These evil people have done us a favor by showing their true colors so quickly.

For every measure there's a countermeasure, and people are endlessly inventive. Gab is growing quickly. They own their own servers so can tell Big Tech to fuck off. Fully expect to see foreign-based cloud services offering Americans a platform. When congress criticizes these foreign cloud services, these services can respond they are just allowing Americans the opportunity to exercise their First Amendment rights, which American companies apparently don't want their fellow Americans to do.

There will be no "unity", no "healing", just anger. The idea of America as one nation has died just that much more. Instead, there are now two mutually-hostile nations within one country. When this is added to the ongoing Vietnam War-level national fuckup in dealing with the ChiCom Flu, the national level of anger is the highest I have ever seen it, and I remember the actual Vietnam War era and the Civil Rights era very well.

It isn't the demonstrations that should cause concern. It's those who are doing their own things, quietly, under the radar, until it is their time to strike. "Those who talk aren't doing, Those who do aren't talking." I see cyberterrorism and certain direct actions. In my opinion, there are more and more people who have lost so much they believe there's nothing left to lose. Such people can be dangerous, indeed. Do I know of any such people? No. But I have studied my history and know Americans, when pushed far enough, are capable of just about anything.

Believe it isn't IF something really bad is going to happen here, just WHEN.

And should I pass away during the next four years, I shall leave an America much worse off than when I showed up. That's a very sad thing to contemplate.

Here's what got me...the congress, who fancies themselves masters of the American people, got under their desks and hid like whipped bitches when the American people came calling. The congress of the United States was publicly cucked. The emperor has no clothes.

If congress was truly made up of public servants, you would think at least some members would suggest some protesters come in and speak their piece, air their grievances. You would think at least one member would have at least offered to go out and talk with their fellow Americans. Far as I know that didn't happen. The mighty congress, who fucks over the American people with abandon and enjoys it, hid like the bullies they are when their fellow Americans came calling.

Now these bullies are screaming for blood. They've impeached President Trump again, some demonstrators have been arrested. We've got to see Big Tech deplatform Americans. These evil people have done us a favor by showing their true colors so quickly.

For every measure there's a countermeasure, and people are endlessly inventive. Gab is growing quickly. They own their own servers so can tell Big Tech to fuck off. Fully expect to see foreign-based cloud services offering Americans a platform. When congress criticizes these foreign cloud services, these services can respond they are just allowing Americans the opportunity to exercise their First Amendment rights, which American companies apparently don't want their fellow Americans to do.

There will be no "unity", no "healing", just anger. The idea of America as one nation has died just that much more. Instead, there are now two mutually-hostile nations within one country. When this is added to the ongoing Vietnam War-level national fuckup in dealing with the ChiCom Flu, the national level of anger is the highest I have ever seen it, and I remember the actual Vietnam War era and the Civil Rights era very well.

It isn't the demonstrations that should cause concern. It's those who are doing their own things, quietly, under the radar, until it is their time to strike. "Those who talk aren't doing, Those who do aren't talking." I see cyberterrorism and certain direct actions. In my opinion, there are more and more people who have lost so much they believe there's nothing left to lose. Such people can be dangerous, indeed. Do I know of any such people? No. But I have studied my history and know Americans, when pushed far enough, are capable of just about anything.

Believe it isn't IF something really bad is going to happen here, just WHEN.

And should I pass away during the next four years, I shall leave an America much worse off than when I showed up. That's a very sad thing to contemplate.

The way I see it is that most of American history can be understood as a fight between two extremely different, radical sections within a larger, more moderate country, New England vs. Deep South. The ideologies of the two have developed over the time, changed, but throughout the nation the two have both been the most aggressive and obnoxious in promoting their worldview. Honestly, it's 99% New England coming up with shit and then trying to force it on an unwilling Deep South.

Eventually Deep South got its ass kicked and had to calm down. New England never got its ass kicked, though. True balance can't be achieved until New England and its retard babies (West Coast, Great Lakes Coast, Utah) are burned to ash.

Edit: To try to bring my point back, the US has always meant different things to different people, and it correlates well with pre-unification immigrant groups who formed the basis for regional cultures. Basically, I'm just shilling for Albion's Seed and Colin Woodward's "American Nations." However, while some of the "nations" of America (different interpretations caused by different British demographics settling different areas) can coexist in peace, Deep South and New England cannot coexist in peace and any coalitions associated with them will end up causing more conflict.

JustFuckinaDude

My lifestyle determines my death style”
Unfortunately, neither of these will probably happen because of how crippled unions have become over the last 50 years, and there's not really a solidarity among workers.
Unions did it to themselves.

The first and last time I was ever part of a union, they protected a child and woman beater’s job because of his “spotless past, impeccable work, and willingness to rehabilitate”. We worked with vulnerable children. Fuck that. I will not be in solidarity with someone like that. It was disgusting.

RiverFalcon

Jokes are now real
I was just discussing this on another forum (though I had to use small words and am still waiting on a reply to see if any of it made it through or if I'll just get blocked), though skimming through this thread though it looks more like I'll be preaching to the choir.

But basically we have seen years of leftist violence. Steve Scalise got shot, Rand Paul has been attacked how many times now? Cops killed by leftists, rioters assaulting and killing people in the streets, and I've lost count of how many months of riots since 2020. And from what I have heard the response from the left seems to be that violence is part of the politics, that riots are meant to make people uncomfortable and that this is "the voice of the unheard" IIRC. However, astoundingly to me, it seems like many Americans heard the same, and decided that if this was how politics is done then they will do politics. And now the left clutches their pearls and screams how it's terrorism and every right-of-center American is culpable.

And it seems to me like the Republicans condemned it. I think by the end of the day Trump had condemned it. I can't really recall instances of the left decrying BLM or Antifa (I'd like to hope there are at least a few). It highlights the hypocrisy of Democrats but since when is that new? A few years ago I would condemn it and would have praised Republicans for doing it and "having the moral high ground" but what is that worth? At this point all I have left to say is "What were you expecting?". There is no reasonable discussion, no attempting to compromise or put aside differences. The Democrats have known this for a while, and in my bias I would go so far as to say they've encouraged it, at least in the past decade with their calls for "unity" really being calls for submission. But the Republicans seem clueless about it, and I figured would just cuck out, compromise themselves into submission, and dig their grave on that moral high ground (Maybe I'm being too lenient on the Republicans, there were times they tried to obstruct Obama, but I don't think nearly as extensively as Democrats did with Trump). And the American people were going to do nothing all the while.

But what I saw on Jan 6th makes me wonder if it will go that simply. It clearly wasn't thought out what to do or what optics it would have had, but do those things matter anymore? It gives the media ammo, but if nothing had happened the media would have tried something else. I will say holy shit, they didn't shoot a retired cop and livestream him bleeding out, or burn down a small business, or smash up a target to steal a new tv. They went right to the elites they were angry at, and scared them shitless. But of course those elites are not going to take that and reconsider, they only ever double down. But I keep thinking about a making a long autistic post about in that next 20 years thread when I have the time, but this was an event I wasn't expecting and makes me reconsider many of the US-centered points I would have made. I'd like to think there's a strange sort of whitepill in that even if the violence is only going to continue, at least the general populace isn't going to let elites steamroll over them, but it's hard to say.

A year or two ago I would have condemned the violence, but now I feel defeatist and just wonder if doing so even matters. It has only strengthened for years, so why expect anything different?

Let me first say that if we are to ever move forward as a nation in any sort of a positive direction, the events of the 6th are not at all how we should do it. That day was full of angry people reacting against a perceived wrong, and the the last election was fishy at best.

That said, the real solution as I see it is for more engagement in congressional elections, not storming the congress building because of supposition and raw emotions. Be careful who you vote into office, because the political machine we have will make conniving snakes out of altar boys. There's too much coercion, temptation, and greed in politics ever since citizens united got passed. That took those same things that were always there and amped it up to 11, imo.

While I really hate to agree with what passes for left wing "journalism" these days, they have a valid point when they say that you really can't compare the summer riots to what just happened apples to apples. The riots over the summer were about racial "injustice" egged on by a compliant media & local politicians, whereas the events of the 6th were going straight for the throat, as it were. If I thought that going after congress was a winning move at this point, I would actually applaud the people who attempted what they did, but sadly, I think it will just result in crackdowns on our liberties.

The machine is too entrenched to be removed via the people in that manner, so in elections going forward, vote with your brains, not your emotions, please.

Governor Jeb Bush

43rd Governor Of Florida
It was sorta a bit stupid, and the media keep saying it was an insurrection... ehh, it wasn't. It was a bunch of clowns pretending to do something outrageous really.

Justified for all the laughs imo.

It was practically guaranteed that a large number of diverse individuals were going to show up at the capital. The rest was enacting a plan to put it in the worst of lights. The local law enforcement practically gave a bunch of boomers a tour of the place while everyone, the media included, got their photo opportunity. Then the worse riot in the history of rioting got shooed out in a matter of hours. All in all it ended up with minimal damage, but just look at the reaction it caused.

Was the media and politicians justified in attempting to shit stir by baiting their own enemies to overreact? They continue to clutch their pearls and grifting the event for ad revenue. The purge not only began but already targeted many high profile right-of-center. Anyone who does not denounce this gets treated as the most radical of terrorists. Biden is not even president yet but you can be certain there will be a tit-for-tat where red hats join antifa on the list. To call it justified or not is a matter of ignorance. This is politics as usual.

Lemmingwise

Corporal reporting for duty
True & Honest Fan
It is a matter of subjective determination whether these people are terrorists.

Take for example Rosenberg. She planted a bomb in the capitol. We don't know whether she is a terrorist either.

1610696538245.png

Probably not. She is in upper management of BLM these days (pardoned by Clinton).