Was the British Empire a cope for their loss of the American Colonies?

Was the loss of America worse than all the Imperial gains of the British Tea Trade?

• U Avin a Giggle Ther M8, Ill Bash Ye Fookin Ead in. I Swear on Me Mum!

• Cam on Ingerland, Scor Som Fackin Gloree

• Norf F.C. Best Team, Norf F.C. Forever N' Ever. Jus Like Da Song.

• 'ate America, 'ate Islarm, Luv Engerland, Luv Me Missus. Simple As.

• Least Wi B8 Tha Frogs in the 'undread Yars Wars!

• Oh I Say, Old Bean, That's Dreadfully Uncalled for!

• "I should like to be a horse." - Queen Elizabeth II

• America, Empire, Europe, and Scotland. Brexit means Brexit.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Ugly One

kiwifarms.net
No. But it's still a funny thesis, will probably make Limeys mad, and therefore we should constantly claim this is true.

If the British Empire had kept America, it would have never grown into the mighty inland empire it became. The Louisiana Purchase is a huge turning point for America, because under Jefferson's mandate, it became part of America, the territories becoming states co-equal with the original colonies, setting the stage for our chunk of the continent becoming a country, not merely imperial holdings sending tribute back to the motherland. That would have never been something the Crown accomplished, and not just because they obviously had no interest in funding Napoleon. England didn't see America as a vast land to expand their own country into, but simply as a place to exploit for resources that could be fed back into the homeland. Right from the outset, early American explorers viewed the land fundamentally differently than the British did.

celebrityskin

kiwifarms.net
No, by they 1700s they were making their mark in India and Africa as well as the West Indies.

and obviously Canada is technically 'America'