Watership Down author Richard Adams dies aged 96 -

muina

kiwifarms.net
The author of Watership Down, Richard Adams, has died aged 96, his daughter has said.

Juliet Johnson said her father had been "ailing for some time" but "died peacefully" on Christmas Eve.

Watership Down, a children's classic about a group of rabbits in search of a new home after their warren was destroyed, was first published in 1972.

Adams was 52 when he wrote it, after first telling the story to his two daughters on a long car journey.

It went on to become a best-seller, with tens of millions of copies bought around the world.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38446309?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
I had to read this book in high school. I hated it. It was longer than it should have been, and the 1984 references with rabbit gibberish was exceptional. Still, RIP.

The movie however was a not-for-kids furfest so violent that it was hilarious, and the best 1970s non-Japanese animation alongside Ftitz the Cat and the Dr. Seuss TV specials.

Reactions: Marvin

Abby

kiwifarms.net
Never read the book but the movie is something all children under ten should be forced to watch. 96 is a pretty good run.

Valiant

Salty Space Bitch
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

I read Watership Down and Plague Dogs during my youth and when I got older the two accompanying films really shaped me the fuck up.

The ending of Plague Dogs is amazing by the way, the two dogs try to swim to an island but it's left intentionally omitted to what happened next.
All I gotta say is that when Adams decided to reveal the ending of Plague Dogs it kind of spoiled it for me.

Watership Down should be watched around 13, Plague Dogs is very traumatising for anyone. Literally seeing people dying from a jack terrier misfiring a gun.

• Feels
Reactions: annausagi2 and Abby
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino