Waypoint and the Waypoint Forums - NeoGAF's Autistic Inbred Cousin and Shitty Game Site

Is Patrick Klepek worthy of his own thread?

• Yes, Jaimas and the content he posted about Pat convinced me.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • No, he doesn't stand ouy much from the rest of his ilk

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No, this is basically already a Pat Klepek thread

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Fuck it, make a game journos general

Votes: 33 63.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GloryBoy

kiwifarms.net
Some tweets from staff:

Honestly, how exceptional can they be? Gawker and its associate sites have failed to turn a profit for the longest time, at best they've managed to make an insignificant net that, suffice it to say, has not pleased the higher-ups one bit. They're perfectly aware of this, of course. But that hasn't stopped them. Getting payed $85,000 a year to write amateur-ish clickbait in a fancy office in NYC was simply not enough for them. They just HAD to unionize and demand MORE money, MORE days off, BETTER severance, even though they were 100% aware that the company they were working for ISN'T MAKING ANY MONEY. And then on top of all of that, when a new company steps in and makes an attempt to turn the ship around, the moronic employees decide to just sink the whole damn thing instead.

"WhY aRe YoU MaKiNg Me WrItE aBoUt sPoRtS oN tHe SpOrTs WeBsItE i WaNt To WrIte AbOuT BlUmPf"
"WhY aM i NoT mAkInG $1,000,000/yr tHiS iS eXpLoItAtIoN wE nEeD tO tUrN kOtAku InTo a WoRkErS cO-oP"
"WhAt dO YoU mEaN 'yOu'Re FiReD' tHiS iSnT fAiR"

They can all go fuck themselves. Except for Jason Schreier. He can be insufferable with his politics pretty often, but he does pretty good work outside of that. His write-up on the entire Anthem/EA fiasco is worth a read, for instance.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
They can all go fuck themselves. Except for Jason Schreier. He can be insufferable with his politics pretty often, but he does pretty good work outside of that. His write-up on the entire Anthem/EA fiasco is worth a read, for instance.
This is negated by his ignorant stand against Dragon Crown & its big titty sorceress as "lolicon."

He would also regulary make a horse's ass of himself in other ways:
1572451461828.png

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So did we ever find out what the deal with Austin leaving VICE was? I assumed he was going to announce a new job or something shortly after leaving but it doesn't look like that.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
So did we ever find out what the deal with Austin leaving VICE was? I assumed he was going to announce a new job or something shortly after leaving but it doesn't look like that.
Until he finds something new, we won't know.

Realistically, VICE had far too many "Editor in Chief" positions when they collapsed inward and Austin was clearly one of the weakest and first to go.

BuckBumble

kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly surprised anyone who would get an award from one of these things would call out shit like this.
Dude's still going at it by the way.

I'd recommend anyone with a bone to pick against Waypoint style sites read these, he exposes and sources so much of their bullshit, it's a laugh riot/goldmine.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gamejournos are cancelling Jason Rohrer despite fawning over him for years, basically because he's a libertarian.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1263209223627984896 (https://archive.vn/4IR2l)
1590090596045.png

1590090681432.png

1590090723702.png

Btw Castle Doctrine was literally the best game Jason ever made. It was so good that others have re-implemented the design in other games.

Patrick Klepek is the type of nigga who only liked the "idea" of Jason's games, never actually playing them. Why would he, they're actually built around game mechanics, not visual novels for woketards.

Jason makes all of his work public domain, while Patrick works for a megacorp. Jason is an obscure indie designer with 8k followers, Patrick has 167k followers, the majority of which are probably specifically following for his political hot takes. Patrick is a total hypocrite considering he fought against "GamerGate" for years on the basis that you shouldn't be talking about other people on the internet because it's harassment (or something). "Game designers aren't public figures!!!!"

Last edited:

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gamejournos are cancelling Jason Rohrer despite fawning over him for years, basically because he's a libertarian.

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1263209223627984896 (https://archive.vn/4IR2l)
View attachment 1309962
View attachment 1309963
View attachment 1309965

Btw Castle Doctrine was literally the best game Jason ever made. It was so good that others have re-implemented the design in other games.

Patrick Klepek is the type of nigga who only liked the "idea" of Jason's games, never actually playing them. Why would he, they're actually built around game mechanics, not visual novels for woketards.

Jason makes all of his work public domain, while Patrick works for a megacorp. Jason is an obscure indie designer with 8k followers, Patrick has 167k followers, the majority of which are probably specifically following for his political hot takes. Patrick is a total hypocrite considering he fought against "GamerGate" for years on the basis that you shouldn't be talking about other people on the internet because it's harassment (or something). "Game designers aren't public figures!!!!"
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

If Klepeck doesn't turn out to be a sex offender at some point I'm going to be fucking stunned.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He was married wasn't he?

I remember when 5 Guys/The Quinnspiracy happened, people speculated Patrick was one of the 5 guys and was cheating on his wife because he was doing a speaking tour with Zoe Quinn around the time.
Patrick Klepek had associations with Quinn prior to GG. He did puff pieces on her when he worked at Giant Bomb. He did speaking tours post-GG with Quinn. He was married during this whole time. No one's ever formally accused him of cheating, we'll probably never really know.

Keep in mind it was during these same series of interviews that he interviewed Jason Rohrer, another literally who indie-dev. Klepek has always been balls-deep in the indie-clique scene. People like Phil Fish and Rami Ismail, who should barely be mentioned in the same sentence considering Rami is like a marketing grifter.

Last edited:

AirdropShitposts

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning!
kiwifarms.net
Wikipedia said:
Rohrer has placed most of his creative work, like video games' source code and assets, into the public domain as he is a supporter of a copyright-less free distribution economy.
yikes, oof, one of those dangerous alt-right MAGA types, hope he rots in prison with the rest of Gamergate after selling a wife-killing simulator to children