We have to talk about "Billy Jack" the movies - Woke 40 years ago...

Kornula

kiwifarms.net
"Billy Jack" "The Trial of Billy Jack" and "Billy Jack Goes to Washington" are all horrible movies. Even sadder, the first two were insanely popular when they were first released over 40 years ago. Today, they are equally divisive in their support/hate. Even sadder still, the exact same arguments used on both sides. Sadder yet, both sides agree they are all super shitty movies.

However, the hippies still believe they are dead right to this very day over every issue they push - even when you present them well evidence that confirms they are dead wrong. What is disturbing about Tom Laughlin and his crapfests movies that made millions is that they embody the essence of the hippy movement; they lack self awareness and self reflection. They thrive on a perpetual victim hood mentality.

You see, the character, Billy Jack is written and portrayed as a paragon of virtue, while everyone else that does not agree with him is literally a Nazi out to get him and his hippy dippy school. If you want to know where the training manual for SJWs ... look no further than "Billy Jack" and the crap writing/directing/acting of Tom Laughlin.

Has anyone else watched this pile of steaming crap?

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Billy Jack" "The Trial of Billy Jack" and "Billy Jack Goes to Washington" are all horrible movies. Even sadder, the first two were insanely popular when they were first released over 40 years ago. Today, they are equally divisive in their support/hate. Even sadder still, the exact same arguments used on both sides. Sadder yet, both sides agree they are all super shitty movies.

However, the hippies still believe they are dead right to this very day over every issue they push - even when you present them well evidence that confirms they are dead wrong. What is disturbing about Tom Laughlin and his crapfests movies that made millions is that they embody the essence of the hippy movement; they lack self awareness and self reflection. They thrive on a perpetual victim hood mentality.

You see, the character, Billy Jack is written and portrayed as a paragon of virtue, while everyone else that does not agree with him is literally a Nazi out to get him and his hippy dippy school. If you want to know where the training manual for SJWs ... look no further than "Billy Jack" and the crap writing/directing/acting of Tom Laughlin.

Has anyone else watched this pile of steaming crap?

Most of the Millennials and Zoomers who make up the vanguard of the Woke Left don't know who Billy Jack is and probably hate it on principle because it's "Boomer" and they don't want to be seen as "cringe" or "le wrong generation"

The Gen X'ers who are the cause of most of the problems in this country and make up the core of the neoliberal corporate elite that empower the Woke Left hate Billy Jack because they're pretentious cynical postmodern punks who invented the trend of Boomer hate

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I loved the song One Tin Soldier. As for the movies... I vaguely remember liking them, but could care less if people like or hate them.
Oh shit that's the song that one serial killer sang. He murdered a mother and her daughter and her daughter's friend as well as a tour guide and some others. Steven stayners brother

TowinKarz

I've been a wreck lately.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I doubt anyone by 1980 knew of those movies by name, yeah, they were hippie-crap, but, their popularity died with the hippie movement.

I'm not a cinephile, but I also spent a lot of time watching filler movies on network TV from the 60's to the 70's (as a kid in the 80's and 90's) and wasn't even aware this franchise existed, much less were 3 films, until almost 2018.... that's how quickly the bloom came off whatever rose it had.

But you're right that modern day SJWs are 100% the updated version of the people who produced, wrote, directed and starred in the movie, with a heavy side of Bob Chipman, the little bits of plot I"ve been able to pick up through pop culture osmosis since learning of it reeks of "Some of us are just born too perfect, and society holds us back by being too jealous of our purity to just do what we say, that would bring utopia tomorrow, but the small-minded racist baby-killers just can't have that....... oh woe as us! "

Same thing that all who gather under the "Right Side of History" believe, just updated to replace "war" and "purity of ultimate truth" with "racism" and "purity of narrative"

And someday, the super-woke garbage Hollywood is trying to force feed us now will be looked back upon with the same dismissive "what a bunch of pretentious fart-huffers" attitude.

Thinking they were entitled to preach about their moral superiority for 2 hours, much less that we should pay for the privelage of listening and find it entertaining to be openly held in contempt for getting in their way..... what were they thinking?

Last edited:

TaterFarmer

kiwifarms.net
Oh shit that's the song that one serial killer sang.
Never heard of him, but he had good taste. 🙃

One Tin Soldier lyrics:

Listen children to a story that was written long ago
Bout a kingdom on a mountain and the valley down below
On the mountain was a treasure buried deep beneath a stone
And the valley people swore they'd have it for their very own

Go ahead and hate your neighbor go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of heaven you can justify it in the end
There won't be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day
On the bloody morning after ooh ooh one tin soldier rides away

So the people of the valley sent a message up the hill
Asking for the buried treasure tons of gold for which they'd kill
Come an answer from the kingdom with our brothers we will share
All the secrets of our mountain all the riches buried there

Now the valley cried with anger mount your horses draw your sword
And they killed the mountain people so they won their just reward
Now they stood beside the treasure and the mountain dark and red
Turned the stone and looked beneath it
Peace on Earth was all it said

Go ahead and hate your neighbor go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of heaven you can justify it in the end
There won't be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day
On the bloody morning after ooh ooh one tin soldier rides away

And someday, the super-woke garbage Hollywood is trying to force feed us now will be looked back upon with the same dismissive "what a bunch of pretentious fart-huffers" attitude.

Thinking they were entitled to preach about their moral superiority for 2 hours, much less that we should pay for the privelage of listening and find it entertaining to be openly held in contempt for getting in their way..... what were they thinking?

I read it different. (at least from the song). I read the conservatives as the "mountain people" and the SJWs as the "valley people" From the little research I did after this thread, the writer/star apparently was not in with the Hollywood elites and was an independent.

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net
Oh shit that's the song that one serial killer sang. He murdered a mother and her daughter and her daughter's friend as well as a tour guide and some others. Steven stayners brother
It was also written by the original, actual no-shit Satanic Rock band Coven, who many consider to be the band that Black Sabbath ripped off.