We have to talk about you faggots not being able to figure out thumbnails

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I have been trying, for years, unsuccessfully, to educate the average user of this website of what a thumbnail is.

Unfortunately, when you ctrl+c ctrl+v an image into your post, it will be full sized by default. I asked XenForo for years to make copypasted images thumbnail by default but they refused. It's up to you to learn to be a heterosexual.

1646133414157.png

1646133433661.png

1646133501959.png

1646133585129.png

Further, it is essentially never okay to use the [img] tag. I would just break it but unfortunately that would break it across the site.

Look at this.

1646335873998.png

You are coming to my website and hotlinking fucking /pol/ shit to my threads. What did I do to deserve this? You phoneposting queers are hotlinking fucking 4chan shit over to the forum.

Edit: I have now made a video tutorial on adding a fffffffucking image to your post

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
What if you're copy/pasting an article for A&N and it has images? Do you recommend deleting those images?
Yes. The copy+paste jobs in A&N are by far the laziest, sloppiest shit on the site. A&N is beyond moderation to the point where I don't even bother pointing this out. Retard faggot niggers will literally include advertisements, asides, page notices, "READ MOREs" to other articles. Just unbelievably lazy. When/if we get the software change I am just nuking A&N and not bothering to import its content because it's worthless.

inception_state

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah... my bad. I forgot that drag and drop created an img tag to the original source on Xenforo, on the Fediverse it creates a cached copy on the CDN.

can't you ban the guys from /pol/, except for the old fags
/pol/ is garbage about 99% of the time, the exception is when a bunch of slavs are shooting at each other. It's easier to keep track of a couple threads than watch a couple dozen "OSINT" Telegram channels.

Narr Then

Objection! Defecation
kiwifarms.net
I got told that I was a 'phone posting faggot' a couple of weeks before anyone ever told me that my pictures were coming out supersized and fucking up the site for people on pc/laptop. Had no clue what the problem was until I was actually told, I imagine it's the same for a lot of people at first so it's good that it's now featured.

the khat quaffer

It's been fun!
kiwifarms.net
I just like to say for the record that some of us phone posters are not complete faggots.

But it is annoying to have to delete your image and then reinsert the thumbnail version every single time on a phone. I still do it because of other people that insert the full size image, they really ruin the experience, having to scroll past their XBox huge images of mostly white, empty space and I don't want to be like them.

Last edited:

Dergint

Cyber-bully this A&N goblin
kiwifarms.net
When/if we get the software change I am just nuking A&N and not bothering to import its content because it's worthless.
Can we at least keep the couch cuck thread? It feels like KF history.

E: Also I generally like to point to it when talking about how KF has standards that "respectable" sites don't.

Slav Power

dam mazapan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The way I do it is I paste it in full-size, then switch to BBcode mode and remove the part of the img block that makes it full size.

This is the bit you need to remove to turn an embed into a thumbnail one.
1646337515579.png