Feedback We need a thread about autistic mods - Mods need to be more accountable for their actions

Xarpho

Eating lettuce due to kitty kibble shortages
kiwifarms.net
It's been done. It was literally the 9/11 of the internet.

View attachment 1317374
The thing that really made the original Amberlynn forum remotely doable was that it wasn't really part of the true KF community, just a lightning rod for a bunch of Amber-haters from across the Internet to coalesce, with no desire to integrate with the rest of the site. It took time and effort to straighten out the Amberlynn forum, and I'm sure that there was probably a backup plan to nuke the entire subforum and ban everyone inside.

The other, more important thing was that the original Amberlynn thread became popular by accident, it was just a thread that happened to attract a lot of people from outside KF. Willingly putting up a forum to attract angry retards is terrible "immigration policy" for the site, and the whole "autistic immigrants" problem is why the Entersphere forum got locked years ago.

I Love Beef

Bell peppers and bee- HEY WAIT A SEC WHERE'S THE B
kiwifarms.net
Is this about the Farms? Or is it about shitty mods and admins elsewhere?

I came here hoping for the latter.

• Agree
Reactions: derpherp2

NIGGER ASS PEE POOPY RAPE

erect: ╭ᑎ╮ pee: ╰Ụ╯ micropenis: ╰ᶸ╯ ⁞ LONG: Ɛ====Э
kiwifarms.net
Anarchy always leads to cultdom. When no one is in charge, the charismatic rule the boards. That never ends well. Anarchy is ultimately is the antithesis of free speech.
downvotes and insults can't stop you from posting, only jannies with delete and ban buttons can stop you from posting. the only thing jannies should be allowed to do is remove illegal content.

polonium

By your genders combined, I am Captain Tumblr
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it's done right, you should barely notice the moderators exist because what they're doing is in tune with the general mood of the community. It becomes an issue when people start waving their dick around and deciding that they're the arbiters of comedy. Wanting to have the mod tools should be an automatic disqualification for ever getting them - the way doctors deal with drug seeking behaviour. The same should be true of politicians or police officers too IMO.

Most of the moderation on KF is good, but in any group you're going to get one or two fuckwits that can't hack it as a regular user and need the mod tools to flex on people funnier or more interesting than they are. Luckily, it really is only one or two here.

vertexwindi

That's for employing me for eight years!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it's done right, you should barely notice the moderators exist because what they're doing is in tune with the general mood of the community. It becomes an issue when people start waving their dick around and deciding that they're the arbiters of comedy. Wanting to have the mod tools should be an automatic disqualification for ever getting them - the way doctors deal with drug seeking behaviour. The same should be true of politicians or police officers too IMO.

Most of the moderation on KF is good, but in any group you're going to get one or two fuckwits that can't hack it as a regular user and need the mod tools to flex on people funnier or more interesting than they are. Luckily, it really is only one or two here.
Bitch I know you're talking about me. I can't ban you in this forum but you just wait.

No but that's a good point I suppose. That's probably why nobody on KF who expresses interest in becoming a mod has been promoted.

polonium

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bitch I know you're talking about me. I can't ban you in this forum but you just wait.

No but that's a good point I suppose. That's probably why nobody on KF who expresses interest in becoming a mod has been promoted.
If I was talking about you I'd specifically have said that you need the mod tools to flex on people more interesting, funnier and less of a faggot than you are.

I believe @Null has said he has the policy of not promoting people that seek mod powers. The problem is once some people get them, they turn into the powersperg that can't help themselves. C'est la vie I suppose.

vertexwindi

That's for employing me for eight years!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I was talking about you I'd specifically have said that you need the mod tools to flex on people more interesting, funnier and less of a faggot than you are.

I believe @Null has said he has the policy of not promoting people that seek mod powers. The problem is once some people get them, they turn into the powersperg that can't help themselves. C'est la vie I suppose.
I can't help being a faggot, it's the way God made me.

Having people get power to their heads even if it's barely any power at all is just something you can't avoid. This place isn't ResetEra though, if you think a mod is acting like a faggot you can say always so. Except if it's about me, fuck you.

polonium

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This place isn't ResetEra though, if you think a mod is acting like a faggot you can say always so.
I called a mod a faggot in chat once and they screeched about how I must have not known they were there because how dare anyone criticise the mods and that I better watch out, and it just made me laugh harder.

DanteAlighieri

I hate commies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Regarding the guideline (which is smart) of not making people mods when they want to be one, can I make myself immune to becoming a jannie by saying that I want to be a mod?

I don't actually, but for the purposes of never being one I guess I can pretend to want to.

Tags
None