we need to talk.... - 8/26/2019 - (Day 69 of this 100-Day Nightmare)

idosometimes

kiwifarms.net
"Real doctors?" LOL yeah that makes sense no "real" doctor would say anything about their patient weighing 600 lbs? wtf?

I also don't think that's true for psychiatrists/therapists, not when the patient is morbidly obese. Much if not all of her "mental theeengs" are situational. She wouldn't be a depressed shut-in if she wasn't 600 pounds. She wouldn't have anxiety about going in public if she wasn't 600 pounds. etc.
Blame the "body positivity" movement. If she complained about weight related issues, the doctor would definitely discuss it or refer her, but even with a giant whale like her a number of doctors do not want to upset or embarrass the patient. A fair amount has been written on the topic both ways (as in "doctors afraid to talk" and "any comment about weight by doctor is body shaming!"). Her interactions with non-bariatric docs have included some weight loss stuff, but nothing serious. Remember the contest or whatever?

I do not know Big Ambs in real life, but I bet two doughnuts that she would frame her weight related issues as mostly dealing with discrimination and bias against a beautiful "big" "gorl". She might say anxiety, but anxiety people do not shake their 550 pound selves for all of the world to see. Anxiety people piss in gatorade bottles because someone knocked at the door 10 minutes ago and they are afraid person might still be out there. Amberlynn is dumb as heck, but she knows how to control the situation. Just look at how many idiots on youtube believe that she is actually trying to lose weight and get healthy. Or how see uses anything any health care professional says as evidence that the person does not know what they are talking about so she can return to what "works for [her]."

nonvir_1984

Never amount to anything! And they were right.
kiwifarms.net
Is there a verbal equivalent of gastric banding? Maybe she could get a doctor to do both for the price of one?

Reactions: Tiny Clanger

Tiny Clanger

My arse is unravelling
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a question.

She's fucked around with the timeline so much in this nightmare (that is killing me and you'll all be sad when Clanger, T. drops dead of AAAARGHH FUCKING SHUT UP, YOU TEDIOUS HEIFER. 'S medical, that is) so how in the name of buggery, whether going backwards or forwards

is she fatter in every video?

I would suspect a Tardis, but no way is she fitting in one.

Not me

It's a me, Meeoow!
kiwifarms.net
I have a question.

She's fucked around with the timeline so much in this nightmare (that is killing me and you'll all be sad when Clanger, T. drops dead of AAAARGHH FUCKING SHUT UP, YOU TEDIOUS HEIFER. 'S medical, that is) so how in the name of buggery, whether going backwards or forwards

All we know is by Erics latest video that she got even more fat now and Becky as well. Holy hell. We are watching a road to immobility 2x.

Reactions: Viridian

bev

kiwifarms.net
I have a question.

I'm guessing she got more assertive in showing off her fatness as she wanted more money. Purposely making herself look bigger through awful camera angles and expressions to attract people into this exploitative freak show. Like whenever she intentionally poses for her thumbnails in an unflattering way, only now it stays consistent throughout the video.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Viridian

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
Blame the "body positivity" movement. If she complained about weight related issues, the doctor would definitely discuss it or refer her, but even with a giant whale like her a number of doctors do not want to upset or embarrass the patient. A fair amount has been written on the topic both ways (as in "doctors afraid to talk" and "any comment about weight by doctor is body shaming!"). Her interactions with non-bariatric docs have included some weight loss stuff, but nothing serious. Remember the contest or whatever?

I do not know Big Ambs in real life, but I bet two doughnuts that she would frame her weight related issues as mostly dealing with discrimination and bias against a beautiful "big" "gorl". She might say anxiety, but anxiety people do not shake their 550 pound selves for all of the world to see. Anxiety people piss in gatorade bottles because someone knocked at the door 10 minutes ago and they are afraid person might still be out there. Amberlynn is dumb as heck, but she knows how to control the situation. Just look at how many idiots on youtube believe that she is actually trying to lose weight and get healthy. Or how see uses anything any health care professional says as evidence that the person does not know what they are talking about so she can return to what "works for [her]."
I’m not sure what the issue is, really. Perhaps when a doctor has a patient tipping the scales around 600 elbees then the weight is the literal elephant in the room and they don’t figure they need to point out the obvious. Normally when one sees a new doctor they take your history and family history and even if you’re of average size they tell you if your family has a history of heart disease or liver disease or cancer or diabetes or whatever that you need to stay vigilant regarding your health and fitness. When you have an Amber waddle in, what’s there really to say that falls within professional standards and will at least keep them coming back since they aren’t being “judged”?

idosometimes

kiwifarms.net
I’m not sure what the issue is, really. Perhaps when a doctor has a patient tipping the scales around 600 elbees then the weight is the literal elephant in the room and they don’t figure they need to point out the obvious. Normally when one sees a new doctor they take your history and family history and even if you’re of average size they tell you if your family has a history of heart disease or liver disease or cancer or diabetes or whatever that you need to stay vigilant regarding your health and fitness. When you have an Amber waddle in, what’s there really to say that falls within professional standards and will at least keep them coming back since they aren’t being “judged”?
Regular doctors know very little about weight loss, exercise, and nutrition/dietetics. If they want to bring up weight or weight related issues, the discussion ends immediately after "ur a fat cow!" Then what? Have her join an office weight loss challenge? Fat Ambert is not a candidate for normal weight loss. She weighed over 500 pounds back then. You do not just have a bad month and end up 500 pounds. She needs very specific help if she actually wanted to lose weight. If it was possible for her to lose weight on her own, she would be able to do it. None of this "I lost one pound tuesday **so proud!** and gained six on friday, but it is water weight so I am okay with it."

Amby is really in a great position. She is a compulsive liar and fat stupid idiot who has surrounded herself with people even stupider than her. She has a legion of "fans" giving her excuses to get out of anything that makes her uncomfortable. Remember the "too much beef jerky" and "not allowed to have vegetables" reasons for quitting bariatric doc? Those were responses to her videos. She did not come up with them. She repeated them as legitimate reasons why she should quit. Becky defends her. The fagets mostly ignore her

if any one she claims to see badgered her about weight loss or even offered some assistance through program or referral, she would quit or just lie. She is really following a weight loss plan now. Look at her fitness pal food logs and how she walks for 3 minutes now when her back is not hurting for reasons completely unrelated to her size and remember that time she lost 80 pounds.

• Autistic
Reactions: SAVE TWINKIE!

SAVE TWINKIE!

kiwifarms.net
You are reeeeeally overestimating the reach and influence of the HAES/body positivity movement. Sounds like you've spent too much time on the internet and it has warped your perspective. What you describe is hardly a thing in the real world.

Besides, Amberlynn is not a reliable historian or narrator. She's a fucking liar. And when Amberlynn saw a weight loss doctor, according to her the first thing he said was "I don't want you to die." Her doctors aren't afraid to talk to her about her weight. SHE is afraid to talk to US about it. We have no idea what her primary care doctor has said to her about her weight.

Anyway, the most likely explanation for the lack of medical intervention is Amberlynn's lack of insurance. Why is her doctor going to bother ordering tests and setting up referrals and shit when she can't even get her patient to do a basic fucking CBC? She can't even get her patient to drop by once a month for a weigh-in and encouraging meetup? Amberlynn doesn't give a fuck so why should her doctor? Doctors aren't parents. The patient has to advocate for themselves. The same is true for psychiatry and even therapy.

bobafelty

kiwifarms.net
If she had a stroke, would anyone be able to tell? Or would the fat hold that half of her face up in the right direction and her speech and mannerisms be the same?

..can't wait to find out! :pickle:
I think it's possible she's already had a mini stroke or two (TIA). We joke about her "fat brain" slowing down her thinking, but she could have impaired her cognitive abilities with a mini stroke. Who knows. Big risk factors are cardiovascular issues and untreated diabetes. So yeah...

idosometimes

kiwifarms.net
You are reeeeeally overestimating the reach and influence of the HAES/body positivity movement. Sounds like you've spent too much time on the internet and it has warped your perspective. What you describe is hardly a thing in the real world.

Besides, Amberlynn is not a reliable historian or narrator. She's a [dinking] liar. And when Amberlynn saw a weight loss doctor, according to her the first thing he said was "I don't want you to die." Her doctors aren't afraid to talk to her about her weight. SHE is afraid to talk to US about it. We have no idea what her primary care doctor has said to her about her weight.

Anyway, the most likely explanation for the lack of medical intervention is Amberlynn's lack of insurance. Why is her doctor going to bother ordering tests and setting up referrals and shit when she can't even get her patient to do a basic fucking CBC? She can't even get her patient to drop by once a month for a weigh-in and encouraging meetup? Amberlynn doesn't give a [zip] so why should her doctor? Doctors aren't parents. The patient has to advocate for themselves. The same is true for psychiatry and even therapy.
What I describe is a real thing and has been documented. Doctors report not discussing weight with patients and obese patients report doctors not bringing it up. Causes are many. Some plans are being created to change this.

Bariatric doctors focus on weight loss. Of course it would come out there. That is why she went. She did not go to a weight loss clinic to get a suntan. Other doctors are not specialized in weight loss though. Doctors are not omniscient. They may know Amberlynn is giant tub of poop, but not know a method of changing that.

Again, healthy just big. It is very unlikely that she is healthy in a metabolic or orthopedic sense or that she has been in recent memory.

Reactions: SAVE TWINKIE!

GargoyleGorl

Token SJW
kiwifarms.net

Besides, Amberlynn is not a reliable historian or narrator. She's a fucking liar. And when Amberlynn saw a weight loss doctor, according to her the first thing he said was "I don't want you to die." Her doctors aren't afraid to talk to her about her weight. SHE is afraid to talk to US about it. We have no idea what her primary care doctor has said to her about her weight.

Anyway, the most likely explanation for the lack of medical intervention is Amberlynn's lack of insurance. Why is her doctor going to bother ordering tests and setting up referrals and shit when she can't even get her patient to do a basic fucking CBC? She can't even get her patient to drop by once a month for a weigh-in and encouraging meetup? Amberlynn doesn't give a fuck so why should her doctor? Doctors aren't parents. The patient has to advocate for themselves. The same is true for psychiatry and even therapy.
Add in the fact that seemingly 80% of her "doctors" are ER staff whose job it is to stabilize her and get her out the door (with or without a referral/prescription/instructions to follow up with her primary care doc) and it doesn't surprise me at all that no one's had a heart-to-heart with her about her weight.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino