We should repeal the 21st Amendment. -

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
I worked in the alcohol industry for a long time, in retail and distribution, and having seen the things it does to people... I can't say I hate this idea. Of course in practice it can't possibly work. Prisoners make wine in the toilet so there's no way to cut people off from alcohol.

Grinrow

kiwifarms.net
Not only that it literally created the Jewish and Italian mobs. We already have our hands full with cartels bringing in drugs by truck, boat and submarine we don't need to encourage more.
It forced them to go legit as annoying as the people who speg out about legalization of drugs are, western governments should just legalize all drugs and make it so you can only do needle type drugs in designated centers

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
It forced them to go legit as annoying as the people who speg out about legalization of drugs are, western governments should just legalize all drugs and make it so you can only do needle type drugs in designated centers
I have this figured out-you can buy any drug you want as long as you register with the government. You need to use your drug ID and can buy your heroin/crack/meth only at the government drug store. We tax it and use it for the wall or whatever and at the same time we know who the serious tweakers/junkies are. This will never happen but it should because people who want to do drugs will find a way to get them, we might as well know who they are and tax it.

Grinrow

kiwifarms.net
I have this figured out-you can buy any drug you want as long as you register with the government. You need to use your drug ID and can buy your heroin/crack/meth only at the government drug store. We tax it and use it for the wall or whatever and at the same time we know who the serious tweakers/junkies are. This will never happen but it should because people who want to do drugs will find a way to get them, we might as well know who they are and tax it.
That would help solve alot of problems not only would it catch people who steal for drug money but it would also help catch felons that are addicted to the drugs. Even if they get a friend to buy them the drugs all it would take is a cop to follow them back to their hidey hole to catch the felon.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
That would help solve alot of problems not only would it catch people who steal for drug money but it would also help catch felons that are addicted to the drugs. Even if they get a friend to buy them the drugs all it would take is a cop to follow them back to their hidey hole to catch the felon.
Exactly plus the government sells the drugs just above cost so they don't have an excuse to rob/steal to get high but if they do they can easily be identified.

Monolith

doot Doot Doot Doot DOOT Doot doot doo-Doot
kiwifarms.net
Even if the 21st was repealed that wouldn't reimpose Prohibition.
"Whenever an Act is repealed, which repealed a former Act, such former Act shall not thereby be revived, unless it shall be expressly so provided." (1 USC 108.)
shut up reatard

Based_Papa_John

Better ingredients. Better pizza.
kiwifarms.net
What is this obsession american leftists have with denying people their personal freedom? just move to bumfuck Saudi Arabia if you don't like alcohol.
A lot of people associate prohibition with the religious right. In reality, it had a broad base of support, including vast swaths of the progressive movement. After all, reducing alcohol consumption would (in theory) boost productivity and give a disincentive to vice and degeneracy. (The Left of today likes to pretend that they had nothing to do with such "moralizing" measures).

I don't have the statistics in front of me, but I do believe instances of public intoxication and alcoholism was reduced. The trade-off was an underground black market.

I tend to find the weakest argument against "banning x" is that doing so will inevitably create a black market. No shit, Sherlock. We ban murder, and it doesn't stop all instances of homicide. The purpose of such laws is to create disincentives regarding certain behaviors. No law can realistically "ban" anything. If you want to make the case against prohibiting substances, actions, etc., I think there are better arguments out there than just simply "people will always do x."

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino