'We want more people in work': National Party considering fining parents of school dropouts - New Zealand considering fining the uneducated and jobless

Should parents be fined if their kids don't have a highschool-level education?

• Total voters

Remove Goat

corporate sponsored satanism
kiwifarms.net
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2019/10/we-want-more-people-in-work-national-party-considering-fining-parents-of-school-dropouts.html

Play Video
Simon Bridges says beneficiaries have rights, but also responsibilities. Credits: Newshub
The National Party is understood to be considering a policy that will fine parents of high school dropouts up to $3000 if their child doesn't enter work, education or training - its sights set on gangs and beneficiaries.
Newshub understands the new social development policy pitch could also force gang members to prove they don't have illegal income before getting a benefit.
"It's not beyond the realm of possibility that this is the type of thing we think about. We hate gangs. We think they provide misery and a whole lot of bad social impacts," says National Leader Simon Bridges.
Ninety percent of gang members have been on a benefit for an average of nine years, according to research from the Ministry of Social Development.
However, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern believes that checks on illegal income - including the illegal income of gang members - already exist.
"Work and Income already look at income before making decisions around benefits... they do need to make sure someone has [a] legitimate need," says Ardern.
Bridges is also desperate to see school leavers in work, education or training.
"The reality is if you're not [in work, education or training], you're going to be languishing in a dole queue... and the evidence is potentially for a long time," says Bridges.
Newshub understands the party is considering fining the parents of early school leavers up to $3000 - if their child doesn't enter work, training or further education.
"Beneficiaries have rights, but there are also responsibilities... we want to see more people in work," says Bridges.
This is traditional territory for the National Party. It will be popular with much of its base and could even eat into some of the support for New Zealand First.

However, these are just floated ideas - the National Party will likely gauge public opinion and test the waters before releasing the policy discussion documents later this year.
Newshub.

- End of Article -

This caught my eye because people are freaking out about that weird Kiwi singer Lorde "potentially" going to jail as she dropped out of school at 13. Obviously it's just a fucking fine, but Twitter is Twitter. Apologies if someone already posted this.

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lol that exceptional country already banned parents from disciplining their children.

So.. they have no way to make their children go along with this bullshit.

They should instead be concerned about making sure that less worthless wasters are in tertiary 'education'.

Shiversblood

kiwifarms.net
5 years ago I tried really hard to get a job. I filled out like tons and tons of applications. People just wouldn’t hire me. I even screamed at a manager one time who was interviewing me because she said I should have had at least one job before. Literally no one will hire me. Because of my autism and anxiety no one will hire me period.

that fucking bitch manager was looking for 5 years experience for a job that’s starter level minimal wage burger flipping job. Of course I screamed at her when she told me I should have had at least 1 job before in the past because I was 26.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
5 years ago I tried really hard to get a job. I filled out like tons and tons of applications. People just wouldn’t hire me. I even screamed at a manager one time who was interviewing me because she said I should have had at least one job before. Literally no one will hire me. Because of my autism and anxiety no one will hire me period.
Was your resume about your Sonic OC?

Shiversblood

kiwifarms.net
My resume is completely blank. On that park of the application where it says write down your past job history i left that blank. And I screamed at her when she said at ur age you should have had a job before. I said “ohhhh FUCK that” and I started going off on her screaming and everyone inside was looking at me. I was really offended. How am I suppose to already have a job before if no one will hire me?

I have also screamed at a cashier one time at a burger place because I asked for a application and he said there’s no applications you have to apply online. I can’t apply online I just started screaming at him and slammed my fist on the counter and was telling him how stupid that is.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino