'We want more people in work': National Party considering fining parents of school dropouts - New Zealand considering fining the uneducated and jobless

Should parents be fined if their kids don't have a highschool-level education?

• Total voters

formershroomeryuser

kiwifarms.net
5 years ago I tried really hard to get a job. I filled out like tons and tons of applications. People just wouldn’t hire me. I even screamed at a manager one time who was interviewing me because she said I should have had at least one job before. Literally no one will hire me. Because of my autism and anxiety no one will hire me period.

that fucking bitch manager was looking for 5 years experience for a job that’s starter level minimal wage burger flipping job. Of course I screamed at her when she told me I should have had at least 1 job before in the past because I was 26.
We have an important piece of the story that fits in to all the other pieces we could fit in without the missing piece. Hella informative!

5 years ago I tried really hard to get a job. I filled out like tons and tons of applications. People just wouldn’t hire me. I even screamed at a manager one time who was interviewing me because she said I should have had at least one job before. Literally no one will hire me. Because of my autism and anxiety no one will hire me period.

that fucking bitch manager was looking for 5 years experience for a job that’s starter level minimal wage burger flipping job. Of course I screamed at her when she told me I should have had at least 1 job before in the past because I was 26.
Bruh, it's not your autism and anxiety keeping you from getting a job, it's you doing things like screaming at interviewers.

And lolno, there's no such things as 5 years experience for flipping burgers. If she said that she already didn't want to hire you for other reasons. Go to a fucking temp agency or something, they take everybody and can just rent you out to factories. Usually, if you do your factory work fine, the factory will offer to hire you on directly.

Edit: I want to expand on this point. Even if you don't think you're expressing your personality, people can always sense what's going on in your mind, or what your feelings are. They sense it on an instinctive level. You're probably putting out major negative vibes that folks are picking up on. Change your feelings inside and people will respond to it even if there's no outward change.

Last edited:

Idiotron

kiwifarms.net
Yes, take money from the poorest and then expect them to stop being poor.

Do what I did - LIE.
Make up your resume. Just in case they'll check with the places you've supposedly worked for (which they 99% won't), look up recently closed establishments and put those on your resume.
After getting a few jobs that way, you'll have actual work experience and you won't need to lie anymore.

Pissmaster General

kiwifarms.net
Do what I did - LIE.
Make up your resume. Just in case they'll check with the places you've supposedly worked for (which they 99% won't), look up recently closed establishments and put those on your resume.
After getting a few jobs that way, you'll have actual work experience and you won't need to lie anymore.
That's damn good advice. Looking up recently closed establishments is genius - I just say I worked at a fast food place for years and years, since they all have huge turnover and wouldn't remember anyone who worked there longer than a year ago. Most people who work fast food jobs last less than a year, so if you tell them you were there for several years, that looks impressive.

Resumés are such bullshit and I think most employers expect to see experience on there that's embellished as fuck, if not outright lies. I've even heard stories about tech job listings asking for X years experience with an application that hasn't even been out for X years.

The best advice for getting a job I've ever heard is to just make the person interviewing you like you. Be friendly and give off an air of confidence. Shivers, you could even say how in your free time, you write stories about a man named Trent who travels the world and does interesting things, as long as you don't mention anything sexual (anus, etc). Being interesting and agreeable can get you farther along than everyone else who isn't as interesting or agreeable. After all, it's a person that's hiring you, and you gotta make that person happy.

That's damn good advice. Looking up recently closed establishments is genius - I just say I worked at a fast food place for years and years, since they all have huge turnover and wouldn't remember anyone who worked there longer than a year ago. Most people who work fast food jobs last less than a year, so if you tell them you were there for several years, that looks impressive.

Resumés are such bullshit and I think most employers expect to see experience on there that's embellished as fuck, if not outright lies. I've even heard stories about tech job listings asking for X years experience with an application that hasn't even been out for X years.

The best advice for getting a job I've ever heard is to just make the person interviewing you like you. Be friendly and give off an air of confidence. Shivers, you could even say how in your free time, you write stories about a man named Trent who travels the world and does interesting things, as long as you don't mention anything sexual (anus, etc). Being interesting and agreeable can get you farther along than everyone else who isn't as interesting or agreeable. After all, it's a person that's hiring you, and you gotta make that person happy.
My impression is that company applications are like a merchant demanding a high price to start with. They don't actually expect to get that, because it's a perfect applicant/perfect price. But, it runs off the chaff and gives them some haggling power. In the end, they'll settle with what they can get, not what exists only in their mind.

X Prime

kiwifarms.net
I've even heard stories about tech job listings asking for X years experience with an application that hasn't even been out for X years.
That is on purpose.

In order to hire a foreigner for a given IT job, companies have to claim U.S. workers can't do it. So, they simply make positions have impossible requirements, then lie to the federal government that there is an IT worker shortage.

moocow

Moo.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People just wouldn’t hire me. I even screamed at a manager one time
And I screamed at her when she said at ur age you should have had a job before. I said “ohhhh FUCK that” and I started going off on her screaming and everyone inside was looking at me.
I think I have an idea why nobody would hire you.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino