Webcomics -

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Back when it was still going, I would also read Frog Racoon Strawberry.

Captain_Asshole

That's me!
kiwifarms.net
I used to read el goonish shive, but I stopped when it turned into a smug social justice preachfest. I mean, before it was progressive right from the start and made its social messages quite clear without strawmen and without halting the plot for like a month or two to painstakingly show the supposed clueless reader something that the comic already has shown in a couple of panels.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I used to read el goonish shive, but I stopped when it turned into a smug social justice preachfest. I mean, before it was progressive right from the start and made its social messages quite clear without strawmen and without halting the plot for like a month or two to painstakingly show the supposed clueless reader something that the comic already has shown in a couple of panels.
I thought I was the only one.

The plot got interesting and the art was getting good, then everything took a nosedive and I couldn't bear to read it any more.

Reactions: Captain_Asshole

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Breaking Cat News has been on a roll this last week with their Our IX Lives Christmas special (which will be daily until the 24th). Our IX Lives is the series with in a series story about a cat-themed soap opera (that's a tribute to the 80s stuff) that the crew likes to watch. To catch you up, here's the achieve of all the strips on it.

• Agree
Reactions: Pickle Inspector

Virus

goddamn rolos
kiwifarms.net
I only keep up with about 4 or so comics these days, namely Ava's Demon and The Glass Scientists. They both have gorgeous art styles and even though the latter is practically Jekyll and Hyde fanfiction i'm interested to see how the artist tries to develop it.

sapir&worf

brains for Baby Jesus
kiwifarms.net
Skin Deep, Oglaf, and I used to be into Gunnerkrigg Court but i missed too much and the backlog got overwhelming for me.

EDIT: hhh my brain is fried from being on a train from nine hours. Also check out A Redtail's Dream, which is completed, and Stand Still, Stay Silent. Both are by the same woman and both are amazing.

Last edited:

Tragi-Chan

Godmaster Reverend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I used to read a few, but the problem was that I'd have periods when I was too busy to keep up, then I'd have to do an archive binge and lose track. The ones I followed were:
Questionable Content, which I understand has since become some sort of SJW mouthpiece.
Scary-Go-Round, which stopped and then rebooted following characters I don't care about.
Overcompensating
Diesel Sweeties
Real Life, which if I'm honest with myself, was never more than "okay."
Married to the Sea
The Perry Bible Fellowship, until the author had a bit of a breakdown and stopped posting

The one I used to follow religiously was Achewood, which was about as good as a comic strip got. The problem was that updates became so infrequent that after a while it just wasn't worth going to the site regularly - we're talking months apart. It didn't help that this started during one of the series' dark and surreal storylines, which typically take about twenty strips to get anywhere.

Pop

kiwifarms.net
Do you know "Sarah's Scribbles", "relatable" comics by Sarah Andersen, where she basically does simplistic cutesy rage comic panels about being an immature irresponsible whiny "not like other girls" moron?

Plus, she draws her characters with sideway bug eyes. Kinda like "Hyperbole and a Half". I hate modern cartoons.

Well, I have learned Andersen's comics have been getting the Ben Garrison treatment.

Mwahahaha!! :evil::evil:

Begemot

I was such a looker in the old days
kiwifarms.net
I used to read a few, but the problem was that I'd have periods when I was too busy to keep up, then I'd have to do an archive binge and lose track. The ones I followed were:
Questionable Content, which I understand has since become some sort of SJW mouthpiece.
Scary-Go-Round, which stopped and then rebooted following characters I don't care about.
Overcompensating
Diesel Sweeties
Real Life, which if I'm honest with myself, was never more than "okay."
Married to the Sea
The Perry Bible Fellowship, until the author had a bit of a breakdown and stopped posting

The one I used to follow religiously was Achewood, which was about as good as a comic strip got. The problem was that updates became so infrequent that after a while it just wasn't worth going to the site regularly - we're talking months apart. It didn't help that this started during one of the series' dark and surreal storylines, which typically take about twenty strips to get anywhere.
Sounds like you're old-school like me.

I still read QC even while hating its politics.

I can't believe Megatokyo is still around though it looks like they're having family trouble with their parents health. All the best to them.

I can't believe manage a 3 is still slutting it up. The multiple storylines of its spin-off comics burnt me out in the end.

Also, any other oldfags remember the niego webcomic?

• Feels
Reactions: ghost886

Pop

kiwifarms.net
Anyone else who read Ghastly's Ghastly Comic?

Damn, I liked it back when I was a teenager... along with SSDD and Venus Envy... nice times.

Speaking of SSDD, a shame the author decided to make it all dark and serious and sci-fi even though his comic had its own charm when it was simple "bro" comedy.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Indeed!

He came out of his LONG hiatus to draw a few more. The last ones date from last year. His art has evolved a LOT.
Wow, he's really improved. Other than that, how can you not enjoy a character called, Drunk and Bitter Jesus?

Reactions: Pop

Joy-Sama

kiwifarms.net
If anyone ever wondered where I once got my sense of humor from, it was from reading Nuzlocke Comics.

Everyday, I always wait for updates of White: Hard Mode.

I follow Lackadaisy and Endtown religiously at this point. Poppy infrequently since Morbi's been taking a lot of breaks within a short period of time for the last half of this year. But my favorite webcomic is Cheap Thrills despite the author giving up on it right at a very pivotal and feelsy point in the story. It's pretty inspirational for what it is and I love the characters.

http://cheapthrills.xepher.net/

DangerousGas

Chaotic Bald
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fancy a thread resurrection.

For reasons beyond my ken, I still read Questionable Content. Jacques has been increasingly SJW-flavoured in his writing for quite some time, having shoehorned in the full spectrum of LGBTOMGWTFBBQ as best he can where it is entirely unnecessary, because how else are we to know he's left-leaning?

I remain sorely depressed by the absolute decline of Scenes from a Multiverse - what used to have flashes of wonderful Dadaist humour has since become a rarely-updated soapbox for whining about Trump.

Girl Genius is a weird one that I check in on periodically - I'm not sure what prompted me to start reading it, but Phil Foglio is a surprisingly fun writer, and is significantly better than most at maintaining an update schedule.

Looking For Group appears to have functionally disappeared up its own arse at this point - I have no idea what's going on in the overarching story, and I get the distinct feeling that the writer doesn't either. There are instances of 'lol Richard is so random' and 'Cale is so effeminate' that seem to be used as the sole crutch for the story to lurch forwards on.

Dresden Codak - I have a soft spot for this, and I'm not sure why. I like the heavily stylised art, even if it is solely a vehicle for Diaz's wank fodder. The Dark Science storyline hints very faintly at a potentially interesting story, but it's so glacially slow (both in terms of updates and exposition) that it's hard to tell.

Manly Guys Doing Manly things continues to be awesome.

SpaceTrawler is a fun one - I'm a huge sci-fi nerd, so something that just pokes fun at the genre from the inside is likely to be a good read. I would definitely suggest reading the original spacetrawler story arc before approaching the new one though. That said, I think Bikkie is probably one of my favourite characters (aside from Dimitri, of course).

Rice Boy and Vattu are both genuinely impressive in scale and scope. It's how Tolkeinian fantasy would feel if it hadn't gone down the path of dwarves elves and orcs. The Author/artist seems to have a genuine love for the universe he's created, and doesn't let his own attachment to characters get in the way of it either - it's hard to describe, but the trials and tribulations that the characters go through don't feel like they're muted in the name of narrative at any point. I know that reads awkwardly as I describe it, but I can't really put it any more clearly.

weirdMcGee

m'lady witch
kiwifarms.net
Zoophobia SUCKS ASS. Don't believe me? Look it up if you can and don't just read that, but learn about its creator as well - hopefully to get some insight into why it sucks (and not just in my opinion, either.).
I remembered reading it, the arts fine but it was too loose for my taste. That, and the fuck ton characters introduced.

• Agree
Reactions: Shokew
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino