Plagued Weeaboos and other Japan spergs

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
If anime isn't mainstream then what do you call Pokemon? It's the biggest franchise in history and has been showing daily episodes on children's TV for decades. Battle of the planets (Gachaman) was big in the 70s, Transformers and Voltron was big in the 80s and everyone knows the Toonami blocks of the 90s. Anime has been main stream for 50 years now.

Mainstream is something that is the public consciousness and the majority of people either like or at least are familiar with. None of the things you mentioned are with possibly Transformers and a large part of that would be due to the movies. I wager that if you'd ask a bunch of random people about these things whether they'd know what you were talking about or just have a vague idea of it.

Dynamic

kiwifarms.net
Mainstream is something that is the public consciousness and the majority of people either like or at least are familiar with. None of the things you mentioned are with possibly Transformers and a large part of that would be due to the movies. I wager that if you'd ask a bunch of random people about these things whether they'd know what you were talking about or just have a vague idea of it.
Everything I mentioned was popular internationally and is regularly mentioned on top 100 cartoons lists. For the children growing up with them they are as mainstream as it can get.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Everything I mentioned was popular internationally and is regularly mentioned on top 100 cartoons lists. For the children growing up with them they are as mainstream as it can get.
the brands were popular, and that's where it stops. no one remembers the 70s, transformers was a cartoon and toys, if they don't start with "michael bay movies", pokemon was a cartoon and maybe a card game.
now ask them what "anime" is and you get blank stares, and good luck trying to explain to them that all of those is "anime" and why. they maybe get "japanese cartoon", but since they don't make that distinction in the first place it will end with "so, cartoons then, like rick & morty..."

From The Uncanny Valley

Man of Culture (♀️)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20210802-182412_Samsung Internet.jpg
"Look at me, I CARE ABOUT THE ISSUES"

albert the programmer

Computer programmer at work
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lucky Star > Dragon Maid

F477B351-7A9D-4006-B9FF-76CF4DFD6C75.jpeg
Do you want me to blow the world up with you in it?

I hate that a legitimately interesting series is just going to be used by hack writers to soapbox rather than actual discussion about the series or even about Takarazuka theater in general.
They did this to even “ecchi” shows that looked harmless to try to protect the fictionally sexualized girls from being harassed. This is par for the course of ANN level “journalism”.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of people love Lucky Star wtf
I see it as being on-par with Nichijou, personally. Didn't care much for either series when Azumanga Daioh exists, but could also be that I'm not as much of an otaku to have been tickled by the jokes.

The chick can like and shill Lucky Star all she wants, I don't care, but her attitude stinks and needs to be knocked down a peg.

IDontKnow902

hwat?
kiwifarms.net
All these people claiming to be fans of Konaka's work without even having read his own personal blog... which goes into detail why he believes these "alt-right" beliefs (even if you do have to Google Translate it).
They just assume he has malicious intent with the Tamers script without even bothering to ask/look up why he wanted to put it in the script in the first place.

(To be fair, I also just found it a few days ago, but at least I had the decency to look through his blog instead of blindly assuming.)

Link to a post from his personal blog 2 days ago about the script in question

Link to a post from his personal blog which talks about 9/11 and COVID near the end

Also he posted these 2 tweets yesterday:
Capture.PNG

So this is "ongoing" and discussion will probably pick up even more after he posts his view.

EDIT: His view could either be damage control or him purely wanting to explain his thoughts... we'll see in a few days I guess.

Also, I love how people say he talks about his views all the time on his blog when I just looked and most of it is talking about episodes of Tamers (he's done retrospectives of every episode) and media relating to it.
I don't think he has another blog aside from Twitter (which is horrendous to find anything on) and this one.

albert the programmer

Computer programmer at work
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net