Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Also, I'm receiving info from someone in the kickvic discord with LJ. Apparently they are trying to fuck Bubbafest and Vic over with copyright claims because they're using official property. Claims of vic using a statue of Broly. I dunno what property Bubbafest is using.

This has caused strife in the discord, with atleast 2 people disagreeing with Lj and her blowing up at them. Apparently the one who voiced disagreement first almost got kicked.
Is there any way we can get someone in that server for archives and screenshots? Just based on PedoMontello being there, it sounds like it would be a GOLD MINE of information to use against them.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
QROW ain't gonna happen. They already recast and may even start recording lines soon given that RWBY volumes usually drop a couple months from now.
I'm confused as to why this particular role comes up every 2-3 pages. I can get why people are pissy at Rooster Teeth over this, but why do so many people want Vic back on this show so bad? A show that even most of its fanbase seems to agree sucks now. Was he the only good actor on the show or something?

Eyeshield

kiwifarms.net
I'm confused as to why this particular role comes up every 2-3 pages. I can get why people are pissy at Rooster Teeth over this, but why do so many people want Vic back on this show so bad?Was he the only good actor on the show or something?
It certainly feels like it at this point.

Frankly I think it's best Vic stays away from RT given its current quality, but I can't blame people wanting him to go back to the show. More roles are better.

• Agree
Reactions: Svetlana

HarblMcDavid

in ur zone, dekin' my harbl
kiwifarms.net
Sue her for what exactly? It would cost more than Vic would get in a judgment.
Yeah, her Banana Fish plushies getting taken as part of a judgement would be funny but I somehow don't think that'd be worth it.

The only strategy that would make any sense in my non-lawyer opinion would involve suing after some proven success with the current suits to induce settlement negotiations, at which point he could just ask for the only thing he's actually wanted: a retraction and an apology, and if a sane lawyer is advising her, that would be accepted immediately. Risky though, as if the ploy doesn't work, you're stuck suing someone whose only worldly possessions are banana fish plushies.

Zero Day Defense

Shave your face with some mace in the dark
kiwifarms.net
Sue her for what exactly? It would cost more than Vic would get in a judgment.
I don't think it's about the attorney costs-- for example, though inherently necessary, Vic is suing people who very much don't have the pockets that Funimation has, in addition to Funimation. BHBH's strategy is either to get Funimation to settle and have the rest of the defendants fight each other, or tie Funimation by way of civil conspiracy so that they'll be doing the payout and then sue the defendants for their share. Alternatively, they'll just each do their own payouts. Likely, though, everyone that isn't Funimation will be sipping lien for a while, and the verdict that leads to that as that itself are meant to be messages sent concerning Vic's judicially determined innocence.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer, but I imagine that the question to be asked is whether or not including people like Saucedo and Cooke in round 2, along with the other people they intend to sue then, will cost more money than its worth. To the untrained eye, if they just included them, whatever additional costs may be justifiable in the interest of being complete with the further shutting down of the joint effort to defame Vic-- and the threat of lawsuit would invariably make Saucedo and Cooke fold into immediate settlement, if only in the form of public apologies and retractions. The former isn't even interested in making #kickvic videos to "dispel information" despite announcing the need for such videos herself, and the latter has been fighting tooth and nail to disassociate herself from the mess she heavily contributed to.

But BHBH would have to be prepared for them not to immediately fold, because it would reflect poorly on them in general but also in the lawsuit if (and this is even if they can, at that point) retract VIP invites from certain parties. While the pleading wouldn't cost much more manpower from the inclusion of such parties, they still need to produce likely specialized interrogatories for them, do depositions for them, and ultimately spend more time deliberating because they have to deliberate about more people-- and if they have to do motions against individual parties, that's more people they have to worry about.

There's a cost-benefit analysis to be done, especially when you're not just worrying about money, but also about the immaterial gains (such as restored reputation). There would also be a monetary risk being taken, if they can't just tie everyone up with a neat bow.

Reactions: Seraphic_Vishnal

xyz741

kiwifarms.net
I'm confused as to why this particular role comes up every 2-3 pages. I can get why people are pissy at Rooster Teeth over this, but why do so many people want Vic back on this show so bad? A show that even most of its fanbase seems to agree sucks now. Was he the only good actor on the show or something?
I assume its mainly because RT was smarter (very low bar, but roll with it) than funimation in how they released him so people are just assuming/hoping they reverse their decision. It'd also represent the first/only person or group to basically give a "my bad" in this thing. So I think most people arguing for it more for what it represents rather than specifically for that role. Same thing with people arguing that Toei gonna pull the license for DBS almost entirely so they can recast a non-core character.

P5Fever

Tiddies out for my internalized misogyny
kiwifarms.net
Ah shit boys, turns out the story Hanleia sourced to start this whole train wreck wasn’t even about Vic. A literal brain damaged person misattributed it to him.

Outstanding.

More details in the Allison Cooke thread.
Dammit all.
I’m honestly shocked we actually had a filler arc considering every time we thought it was gonna slow down KV or one of the defendants did something so spectacularly exceptional or something managed to come out that it was just a constant roller coaster that I thought would never even slow down a fraction.
This post of mine just aged poorly.
Is2g can KV go a couple of days without something exceptional getting out? I literally made that post a little after midnight this morning.
I am retarded for actually thinking it was slowing down for a change.

In Heaven

In Heaven, everything is fine...
kiwifarms.net
IIRC, Qrow was one of Vic's favorite roles because he got to play a character he normally wouldn't play.

Garm

kiwifarms.net
I just want consistency in the voice acting. I think the show is fine. And Qrow may die this season. (Fan theory from a discord channel.)

Rooster Teeth is also the only streaming service I subscribe to. And they are fucking up a show because of SJW bullshit.

I just want to enjoy my show and not listen to a guy that is imitating Vic's voice. I don't want to be reminded that Rooster Teeth railroaded an innocent man when I watch.

Give Vic back the role you fucking asshats (RT).

Commander

Leader to Your Demise
kiwifarms.net
There's literally no point in going after Hanleia as even though she started it she kind of backed off and shut up. The only reason Marzgurl isn't is that she kept pressing and milking it. She's really insignificant otherwise. At the end of the day Funi and certain key VAs are the one Vic needs to sue to get his career back on its feet. As much as I want to see these loser nobodies sued, it's just more important to see Vic get back to doing what he loves. I mean if your a journalist who is proud of making a living on sketchy lies, your life already is sadder than a starving African child. At least they know what matters in life.

Though about the Han Leia thing. Someone please get the freaking message sent to Marzgurl. Just imagine putting your entire career on the line to take someone down and it turns out it was for the completely wrong person. Like dedicating your life against the wrong person. Believe womenz as wahmen always right.

The Wisdom of Bassets

kiwifarms.net
There's a cost-benefit analysis to be done, especially when you're not just worrying about money, but also about the immaterial gains (such as restored reputation). There would also be a monetary risk being taken, if they can't just tie everyone up with a neat bow.
Sue, settle for a video apology/exoneration. Offer the same deal for the others. That makes it worth it because unless he has statements from the main sources of bullshit, they will immediately continue the bullshit feeling lawsuit-proof. Which would lead to more problems down the road.

Reactions: DrunkJoe

P5Fever

Tiddies out for my internalized misogyny
kiwifarms.net
So, please correct me if I am wrong:

• MarzGurl's buddy was allegedly a pedo (JewWario?)
  • Monica Rial's X, turns out to prefer them underage as well
  • Manjaw was smoochin it up with some 14-15 y olds at a con (and said something about: it being a perk of cons to stare at young people in skimpy outifts?
    • Addendum to Manjaw, thank you @Crazedking: Manjaw was also fine with roomie having CP on the computer, in fact they were so buddy buddy that he was ok with her knowing about this, and he let her delete it for more anime (sounds fishy to me on so many levels in context of her commentary and behaviour but ya kno'.....)​
  • Weidenhefts bro had CP on his computer. She is still making excuses for him to this day. Even made a GFM to help with financing his defense. Turned out he pleaded guilty.
  • Sean Schemmel was rumoured to have been 'banned' from a con due to lewd comments to a minor
  • That guy Funimation employed that got arrested for CP, Scott Freeman? (and they kept him employed until his conviction, unlike Vic who they fired for touching hair)

Not sure if these are the people capable of figuring out that anyone is a pedo. Just sayin....
Pretty sure it was Chris Sabat not Sean Schemmel. The only thing I ever hear (well and witness on his twitter sperging) that Sean is an egocentric douchebag manchild.
Correct me if I’m wrong though.

Hotfartz :)

Too much smoke getting blown up my asshole!
kiwifarms.net
QROW ain't gonna happen. They already recast and may even start recording lines soon given that RWBY volumes usually drop a couple months from now.
I don't understand it when people say there is no chance of him voicing Qrow again. They recast Vic based on hearsay. So if they either lose a legal battle, or Vic is exonerated and threatens action against them, what is stopping the new guy from being recast?

Reactions: P5Fever

NewTroonGoofin

Defaming Vic and Jesus simultaneously since 1987
kiwifarms.net
I just caught up on the OP of this shit show. I'll likely never have time to read all 5 billion other posts from you autists.

But honestly I can't believe that the OP ignores the cow potential of Vic himself quite as much as it does.

I mean...

879939292bfcf0afa926629c75b0aa05.thumb.jpg.a59104950ec033edcc056d04e747ec24.jpg

This image alone proves this is a dude with some major issues and therefore milk potential.

Looking forward to learning more about Vic and his 15 yo fujoshi haircut.

feral cat #6385

Practiced Social Distancing before it was cool.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's about the attorney costs-- for example, though inherently necessary, Vic is suing people who very much don't have the pockets that Funimation has, in addition to Funimation. BHBH's strategy is either to get Funimation to settle and have the rest of the defendants fight each other, or tie Funimation by way of civil conspiracy so that they'll be doing the payout and then sue the defendants for their share. Alternatively, they'll just each do their own payouts. Likely, though, everyone that isn't Funimation will be sipping lien for a while, and the verdict that leads to that as that itself are meant to be messages sent concerning Vic's judicially determined innocence.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer, but I imagine that the question to be asked is whether or not including people like Saucedo and Cooke in round 2, along with the other people they intend to sue then, will cost more money than its worth. To the untrained eye, if they just included them, whatever additional costs may be justifiable in the interest of being complete with the further shutting down of the joint effort to defame Vic-- and the threat of lawsuit would invariably make Saucedo and Cooke fold into immediate settlement, if only in the form of public apologies and retractions. The former isn't even interested in making #kickvic videos to "dispel information" despite announcing the need for such videos herself, and the latter has been fighting tooth and nail to disassociate herself from the mess she heavily contributed to.

But BHBH would have to be prepared for them not to immediately fold, because it would reflect poorly on them in general but also in the lawsuit if (and this is even if they can, at that point) retract VIP invites from certain parties. While the pleading wouldn't cost much more manpower from the inclusion of such parties, they still need to produce likely specialized interrogatories for them, do depositions for them, and ultimately spend more time deliberating because they have to deliberate about more people-- and if they have to do motions against individual parties, that's more people they have to worry about.

HanLaya or whatever the fuck she calls herself isn't worth it. Manjaw is definitely worth it though. If they can only pursue one of these as a loss leader then the Man Jawed crazy will give you the best bang for the buck. Dragging her into the light and showing what an unhinged moonbat she is would be very good in completely discrediting the kinds of people involved with KickVic.

GenericReviewerDraco

Annoyed oriental wizard
kiwifarms.net
I don't understand it when people say there is no chance of him voicing Qrow again. They recast Vic based on hearsay. So if they either lose a legal battle, or Vic is exonerated and threatens action against them, what is stopping the new guy from being recast?
Rooster Teeth is pretty far-left (based on nutters like Miles Luna, Shannon McCormick, and Matt Hullock) and was easily manipulated by Monica Rial. The far-left always doubles down even if they die in the process.